Author Topic: Sonic Runners: A New iOS / Android game?  (Read 57686 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Sonic Runners: A New iOS / Android game?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 11:09:23 am »
Oh dear...

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 11:26:49 am »
Part of me is like, "ok, what is that?" The other part is giddy about the inclusion of Chao.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 11:50:42 am »
Im glad it looks cheap. Means that it may not take a lot of resource from team sonic

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 07:12:51 am »
It looks better than Sonic Advance, and I paid full game price for Sonic Advance... The character model is better, graphics are better, the little of the music we heard is already better, there's 50 odd stages and its free... What's to complain about?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:36:21 am by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 08:02:40 am »
It looks better than Sonic 06 too, but so does Temple Run.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 09:31:55 am »
at least the camera wont be a problem

Offline Sharky

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 02:22:40 pm »
It looks better than Sonic 06 too, but so does Temple Run.

I don't see the problem though? Looks a lot like Sonic Rush or Sonic Advance. It's a new 2D Sonic game, graphics look good, music sounds pretty good. Sonics Model is a nice mix of modern and classic. I can't say for sure but it appeared to have quite good physics when Sonic ran down the hill... Apparently 50 odd levels and completely free?

I don't get the whole anti free-to-play snobbery. If it's good it's good.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 02:38:08 pm »
If you think it looks like a good Sonic game, why haven't you been playing things like Temple Run or Line Runner or the twenty million other games of it's ilk without the Sonic brand? I'm not even saying this to be snarky, go and try those games and tell me if you think they are genuinely fun platformers.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.djinnworks.linerunnerfree&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imangi.templerun&hl=en

I find those types of games fun for about ten minutes, if you only have the control over when to jump it gets very dry very quickly. You used to complain about boost being used too much in Sonic, this is a game where you literally cannot even control Sonic's movement apart from jumping. Do you get a better idea of why I'm not expecting much out of this?

It'll be 50 levels, yes, but I'm anticipating they'll be very weak or very short levels, possibly created by a random level generator or something.

As for the 'Free to play snobbery', I explained this in detail in the other thread you made already.

Maybe this game will be good, but I don't like the odds.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 02:47:24 pm »
This does not look better than Sonic Advance.

I mean, graphics are better but the graphics are better than the classics. And I'd argue the sprite for the Advance games are pretty great work.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:53:32 pm by Aki-at »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 02:54:17 pm »
Runners is looking better than Dash and Jump, and even Sonic 4 Episode 1, but thats about it. It could be an enjoyable game, but I can't see myself proclaiming it to be better than any of the Advance titles or the classics.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 03:26:30 pm »
Runners is looking better than Dash and Jump, and even Sonic 4 Episode 1, but thats about it. It could be an enjoyable game, but I can't see myself proclaiming it to be better than any of the Advance titles or the classics.

I'll give it looking better than both Dash and Jump. It does seem like the best made for mobile Sonic game there is, but it really depends if you like mobile games that your mileage may very.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 03:34:36 pm »
This does not look better than Sonic Advance.

I mean, graphics are better but the graphics are better than the classics. And I'd argue the sprite for the Advance games are pretty great work.
It's also not like they put that much effort into the visuals in Sonic Runners. Aside from the new models for Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, all the stages re-use assets from Sonic Lost World.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 07:10:38 pm »
But this isn't templerun... this is basically the Rayman game, which was pretty damn fun.

And I never said it looked better than the classics, I understand it's just a free mobile game.. But the Sonic Advance games sucked man, the sprite work was good but the models were bad, the way they looked... And the game was sooo clunky, getting Sonic running was like running through syrup. I didn't enjoy the advance games at all. 3d party,  Handheld Sonic only got good at the Sonic Rush games. And no, this doesn't look better or even close to Sonic Rush... But it looks good, and it's free... So why the hell not?
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2015, 12:09:46 am »
It looks better than Sonic Advance, and I paid full game price for Sonic Advance... The character model is better, graphics are better, the little of the music we heard is already better, there's 50 odd stages and its free... What's to complain about?
Sorry for me it doesn't look as good as Sonic on the Mega Drive which features way better Parllax scrolling . This to mean looks like a cheap flash game . I'm sure it make some money but Sonic and the Sonic Team are better than this
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2015, 07:37:34 am »
I'm sure it make some money but Sonic and the Sonic Team are better than this

It's not like mobile Sonic games are anything new and it was never a problem before... Everyone recognised them as a spin off and that was that... At least this one is distinctly a Sonic like game... Unlike some of the older ones:

Made by SEGA