Author Topic: SEGA Networks  (Read 46301 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: SEGA Networks
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 07:08:05 pm »
...Perhaps. No, but it looks like her, fits the bill... Plus it's an in-house JRPG and that's what she's about.

That women was PR asking question

BTW,  Rieko Kodama she has a twitter if you didn't know:
https://twitter.com/phoenix_rie/following

...No new tweets for over a year now. Seemingly she's fan of Atlus.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 09:59:08 am »
If SEGA can own the mobile space and make high quality titles like Chain Chronicles, Sonic Runners and Puyo Puyo Quest then yeah fucking do it. Total War Battles Kingdoms from CA looks damn awesome too... Like, as good as a PC game. I want them to bring out a genuine Super Monkey Ball game, a few hundred levels and the option to buy lives when you run out. Just do it SEGA I would bite. And as I have said before a tamagotchi style Chao Garden and a new Fantasy Zone...

I wish SEGA would make their own tablet, preload it with their games... I'd buy it.

Had no interest in any of those titles, but looked into Total War: Battles Kingdoms or whatever and it looks pretty good! Looks similar to Civ in that it's hex map turn based at least. Not sure how the real-time battles fit in, but that's where I'd be most worried, considering touch screen + real time anything is a bit hit and miss.

I'll be following this one, might be good. Hope it's an actual game and not freemium nonsense.

And yeah, good on Sega for going where the money is, but sadly I don't enjoy most of these games at all. If they make some more games like this I might be more interested.

As for Sega making their own tablet, that would seem like a horrendous idea business wise, although it would be cool for fans.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 10:07:52 am »
Had no interest in any of those titles, but looked into Total War: Battles Kingdoms or whatever and it looks pretty good! Looks similar to Civ in that it's hex map turn based at least. Not sure how the real-time battles fit in, but that's where I'd be most worried, considering touch screen + real time anything is a bit hit and miss.

I'll be following this one, might be good. Hope it's an actual game and not freemium nonsense.

And yeah, good on Sega for going where the money is, but sadly I don't enjoy most of these games at all. If they make some more games like this I might be more interested.

As for Sega making their own tablet, that would seem like a horrendous idea business wise, although it would be cool for fans.

Did you ever try out Shogun Battles or whatever it was called for mobile? It was a pay once and play game too, seemed to have gotten good reviews from mobile sites but don't know much else.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 10:27:59 am »
Nah didn't try it, at the time my phone was only a Samsung Galaxy S1 so it probably would run like poo.
Also would depend on how much it cost. It's only $2 now so I might give it a shot.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 12:56:01 pm »
Here is some beta gameplay of TWB: Kingdoms and yeah it has that Civ, Settlers style gameplay and I used to play a tonne of that back in the day and I think this looks good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4pxsa_JwUY
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 01:39:37 pm »
Looks nice!
Not sold on the battles yet, but I think this has potential. I'll keep an eye on it. If it's a fair price I might pick it up now that I have a good phone that can play it and long bus/train rides to work.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 01:56:45 pm »
on the note of Sega mobile games, I ran into this article discussing them. Offers a few short comments on a handful of them, prefaced by a comment on Sega's mobile library as a whole

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Sega+news/feature.asp?c=64431

they're not all Sega Networks...but you get the picture
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Sharky

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 02:03:00 pm »
Is there ever an article about SEGA where the cunt writing it doesn't begin by trash talking the company? 'Medicore' 'Could be better' who is doing it so much better?
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 02:03:14 pm »
Sorry, but I can't trust someone who looks like this much of a hipster:

Probably a nice guy though.

EDIT: Sharky, I didn't even notice that. Odd considering how much he praises the games in the bulk of the article.

I do think that a lot of their games are a bit lazy looking or just plain freemium app stuff that I stay away from like the plague. But as you said, who's doing any better? That's literally 99% of the market.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:05:31 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 02:14:44 pm »
Is there ever an article about SEGA where the cunt writing it doesn't begin by trash talking the company? 'Medicore' 'Could be better' who is doing it so much better?

Unfortunately you are asking for to much Sharky...but hey! you got us  :)

Offline Sharky

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2015, 02:35:41 pm »
I just see it all the time, it seems to be the go to thing for any SEGA article on almost any site, even if its an overall positive bit of news gotta make sure they down play it and everyone knows SEGA is a piece of shit! But the thing is this has been going on FOREVER. It's nothing new, any SEGA fan from the DC days will remember SEGA couldn't do a thing right back then either. Now funnily every single person 'was once a SEGA fan' and 'Loved the old SEGA.'
Made by SEGA

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 02:53:35 pm »
Agree, but i will add that this stupid hate is from post the genesis era in my opinion...ergo since forever basically...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 03:00:41 pm »
At the risk of going off-topic, I don't think that's entirely true. I think Sega fans have a bit of a victim complex sometimes. As for the old days, I remember most magazines actually praising the Saturn and Dreamcast, CVG in particular was a multi-format mag that gave Sega lots of great press.

And to be fair, it's not like Sega has done much praise-worthy stuff recently anyway, at least not in the areas where people care about or associate strongly with Sega. Rome 2 train-wreck, Sonic Boom bigger train-wreck, continually moving to mobile games instead of 'real' games etc. Are people supposed to be happy about this?

I feel like this warrants it's own topic, maybe someone can make one if they want to keep talking about it. I think it's an interesting discussion.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 03:10:34 pm »
SEGA going more Mobile/PC being positive or negative is a matter of opinion and nothing else. I'm totally okay with it so long as the games are still good. And it's not like the media didn't shower Rome 2 with hundreds of awards, it's not like Alien Isolation didn't just win countless Game of the Year awards and a BAFTA...
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 03:17:01 pm »
Mobile gaming is an inherently different platform to consoles and PC, we are not going to see the same types of games that we would have seen on those platforms. For me, and most Sega fans that's not a good thing at all. I also, probably like many gamers, have little interest in phone games because it's rare for me to play them, let alone pay money for them.
I can see why this would be seen as a negative by most gamers.

As for Rome 2, maybe it's mostly the fans who got upset with that game? I don't read many/any reviews so I don't know how it fared with the press. General consensus amongst fans seems to be that it's the biggest misfire since Empire (possibly worse).

I excluded Alien because it probably got very positive press for being a good game. Did articles about this game also include negative points about Sega? Genuine question, as I said, I rarely read any gaming articles these days so wouldn't know. Having said that, Alien is probably the only game released last year from Sega I had interest in buying (Bayonetta 2 being a Nintendo game in my opinion) so I can't say I disagree with Sega's output being 'mostly mediocre' these days, or at least not appealing to me.