Author Topic: Sonic Adventure & Crazy Taxi XBLA/PSN suck a lot apparently  (Read 49057 times)

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Sonic Adventure & Crazy Taxi XBLA/PSN suck a lot apparently
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2010, 07:00:57 pm »
Quote from: "max_cady"
Miss Backbone yet?

Well, we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

The original Sonic Adventure is quite buggy, there's one particular segment in the stage that you just have to press foward even if you're going sideways, if you try to jerk the D-pad to any other direction you will fall off and lose a life.

And since we're on the subject of SA glitches:
[youtube]5RUu3NekFbQ[youtube]

You do realise this video is from the inferior DX version. The initial Japanese release of Sonic Adventure was quite glitchy, yes, but the one we got one year later not so much. At least it's what I felt, I didn't exactly ran into game breaking issues like I did in Heroes or Unleashed. I think most of the problems with Adventure 1 come from the internet overreacting bullshit only playing the DX version.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2010, 07:40:19 pm »
LOL@DX being inferior.

It had updates graphics, models, textures, fixed a couple issues in levels, and made a whole bunch of fun glitches.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2010, 07:51:57 pm »
Quote from: "Autosaver"
LOL@DX being inferior.

It had updates graphics, models, textures, fixed a couple issues in levels, and made a whole bunch of fun glitches.
It also was less smooth, the models seemed out of place and had infuriating glitches.
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2010, 08:47:34 pm »
Pretty sure these games are going to be handled by SEGA Hong Kong, which lead the PlayStation 2 re-release of NiGHTS.

Quote from: "Autosaver"
LOL@DX being inferior.

The graphics were updated terribly. Sonic's model fit in with everything else in the Dreamcast release, but in the DX one he literally had 5x more polys than anyone else. There were people walking on the streets who were just a touch heavier model-wise than Lara Croft was in the first Tomb Raider, but they were not updated at all, so it stands out even more in the worst way possible.

Someone like Big had a brighter texture and stuff, sure, but his fingers were more detailed than any other part of his body, and they never moved so it did not even make any sense why they did that.

Some models like Amy were obviously just built around the original, and because her head size was changed her eyes would sometimes sink into her head (I think Knuckles had the same problem, they probably all did).

They were also way too shiny now for some reason. Tails was so shiny he was practically glowing white even though he is supposed to be made of fur.

Characters like Gamma and Robotnik were remained unchanged, when especially Robotnik was comically terrible looking for the time. I mean he was barely acceptable for 1998, why would they not even slightly alter his animations?!?

Not even going to go into detail about some of the levels being altered for the worst. They are really insignificant changes to art and sounds to what should have been easy fixes for the level layouts. There was also a lot of new problems like slowdown and control issues that just boggle my mind...

They even removed a lot of the extra options and sound test stuff! The only thing that really made it not a complete waste of money in comparison was that they added all of those Game Gear titles, which was pretty cool, but because they will surely not be in the XBLA/PSN releases... I could take or leave the mission mode, but it is nothing special.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2010, 09:10:16 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Characters like Gamma and Eggman were remained unchanged, when especially Eggman was comically terrible looking for the time. I mean he was barely acceptable for 1998, why would they not even slightly alter his animations?!?
I dunno, perhaps to be comical?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2010, 09:43:02 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Characters like Gamma and Eggman were remained unchanged, when especially Eggman was comically terrible looking for the time. I mean he was barely acceptable for 1998, why would they not even slightly alter his animations?!?
I dunno, perhaps to be comical?

It is not really funny as much as it is embarrassing. There is a lot they could have done to have made him a funny character, though.