Author Topic: Company of heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
Company of heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:06:46 pm »
Hi, Relic announced today this new standalone single player expansion if anybody is interested:

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/08/13/relic-entertainment-announces-company-of-heroes-2-ardennes-assault/

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Company of heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »
Semi interested in that it might bring new content to multiplayer eventually.
I haven't touched the single player of this game beyond like, mission 2 when it first came out.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:44:04 am »
Have to say though i'm more intrested in the stuff they will make for sega beyond COH..

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 11:04:27 am »
From the sounds of it CoH2 is going to be an evolving beast for a long while.
They've just introduced a 'War Spoils' system where you randomly get dropped vanity things like faceplates and skins, but also can get premium (paid) content like Doctrines/Commanders.

At the moment it's just based on hours played = pure random drop. EG. Play for two hours and you get a drop that could be anything from a faceplate to a premium commander. Apparently they are going to introduce some kind of trade/crafting system for duplicates and further build on this idea.

I get the feeling they are going to try making this more like a F2P game with purchase options to get everything, kind of how Age of Empires Online worked. You can purchase all the game content, or you can get a basic pack and get other stuff through War Spoils.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 11:08:53 am »
Have to say though i'm more intrested in the stuff they will make for sega beyond COH..

On the topic of studios making "other" stuff, any word on what's happening with the Warhammer games?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 11:51:50 am »
On the topic of studios making "other" stuff, any word on what's happening with the Warhammer games?
Nah, can't say its anything i'm interested in either. But i'm sure they will up their game on making WARHAMMER a success..well they have to really.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »

All we know is that Sega has at least the license to continue publishing the old games, and that the Creative Assembly has the license to make a new game in the Warhmammer Fantasy Setting.

No word on Sega's intentions for future 40K entries.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 11:07:23 pm »
All we know is that Sega has at least the license to continue publishing the old games, and that the Creative Assembly has the license to make a new game in the Warhmammer Fantasy Setting.

No word on Sega's intentions for future 40K entries.

I was of the impression they had a full fledged license, not just publishing old games and a CA game.

I would have guessed a big reason they bought Relic was because Sega owned a license Relic was attached to. I could have my wires crossed and be completely off though. Long day.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 06:52:13 am »
I was of the impression they had a full fledged license, not just publishing old games and a CA game.

I would have guessed a big reason they bought Relic was because Sega owned a license Relic was attached to. I could have my wires crossed and be completely off though. Long day.
Yeah that's the reason that was eluded to in their reports.