Author Topic: Sega fiscal report good news very good news...  (Read 42710 times)

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Sega fiscal report good news very good news...
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2013, 08:56:14 pm »
A Japanese twitter account was opened today, and it is claiming that is an official account of Space Channel 5. And today was the birthday of Tetsuya Mizuguchi.

I went to check out what's going on, and i find a Japanese person, Yumiko Miyabe. Was the character design of Ulala. People are sending lots of tweets to this person and the answer is always: "send this to SEGA" and a link to SEGA's email.

My question is: Is SEGA planning something with SC5 or is just the person who worked on the games trying to make people to send email and support a new entry of the series?

Time will tell. Maybe SEGA will make a kinect SC5 game lol.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:18:03 pm by SEGA_Portuguese »

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:19 am »
So let's try this again...

11 PC Sku: Company of Heroes 2 (2 sku) Rome II (2 sku) Football Manager 2014 (2 sku)
Potential 5 PC sku titles: Warhammer Fantasy (2 sku) and Alien (2 sku)

7 Wii U Sku: Sonic: Lost World (2 sku) Ryu Ga Gotoku 1&2 HD (1 sku) Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympic Games (2 sku)
Potential 2 Wii U sku titles: Yakuza 1&2 HD for the West?

7 PS3 sku - Sakatsuku 8 (1 sku)
Potential 6 PS3 sku: No clue anymore

6 3DS sku - Sonic: Lost World (2 sku) Project Mirai 2 (1 sku) Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympic Games (2 sku?)
Potential 1 3DS sku: No idea

5 Vita sku: Sakatsuku 8 (1 sku)
Potential 4 Vita sku: PSO2 Western release (2 sku) PSO2Ep.II (1 sku)

4 Xbox 360 sku: Absolutely no idea what this could be, we are looking at potentially 2 titles here.

2 Playstation Portable sku - 7th Dragon 2020-ii (1 sku) and Sakatsuku Euro+ (1 sku)

Mario and Sonic is usually published by Nintendo in Japan, and now also in Europe, so Wii U had 3 SKUs and 3DS has 2 SKUs unaccounted for.

Maybe SEGA is publishing Project X Zone in the west?

I'm also willing to bet that PS3/360 SKUs are including Xbox One/PS4 launch titles.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:35:20 am by nuckles87 »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 06:11:34 am »
Mario and Sonic is usually published by Nintendo in Japan, and now also in Europe, so Wii U had 3 SKUs and 3DS has 2 SKUs unaccounted for.

Maybe SEGA is publishing Project X Zone in the west?

I'm also willing to bet that PS3/360 SKUs are including Xbox One/PS4 launch titles.

I was unsure if Mario & Sonic was published by Nintendo or not and also do not know if we are getting a 3DS version of the title.

As for including PS4/Xbox One titles, they would only include the cross-generation titles.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 07:09:11 am »
I was unsure if Mario & Sonic was published by Nintendo or not and also do not know if we are getting a 3DS version of the title.

As for including PS4/Xbox One titles, they would only include the cross-generation titles.

It was in Japan, everywhere else Sega published it, so it counts. But I must say that these three exclusive nintendo titles are more likely to be Sonic solo games and not Sonic with anybody else. Sand M wont count as part of this new exclusive deal because they were exclusive to Nintendo anyway and isn't considered to be part of the main sonic series.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2013, 10:38:08 am »
More SKUs revealed! Well, one SKU. Miku is releasing west, but only the US will be retail. So thats one PS3 SKU solved.

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2013, 10:42:33 am »
It was in Japan, everywhere else Sega published it, so it counts. But I must say that these three exclusive nintendo titles are more likely to be Sonic solo games and not Sonic with anybody else. Sand M wont count as part of this new exclusive deal because they were exclusive to Nintendo anyway and isn't considered to be part of the main sonic series.

It's already been confirmed that Mario & Sonic is a part of the exclusivity deal:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=202901

Offline ROJM

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2013, 10:48:02 am »
Well its not true. Mario is already an exclusive character belonging to Nintendo so i can't see how that game can be part of any deal sega made with Nintendo. Really Nintendo is paying for two titles if that's the case.

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2013, 11:13:44 am »
....it is true. It was confirmed by SEGA. It's been common knowledge for weeks now that we know of two of the exclusive games, and that one of those games is Mario & Sonic. Whatever logic you use to say it isn't true doesn't change the fact that, according to SEGA, it is.

And yeah, this is essentially a two game deal. They are just calling it a three game deal because Mario and Sonic is coming out during it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:21:27 am by nuckles87 »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2013, 11:43:04 am »
So Miku is getting a disc release in the US but not one in Europe. Yet Europe is still set to have one more sku than the US... The mystery deepens!

Offline ROJM

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2013, 11:45:43 am »
....it is true. It was confirmed by SEGA. It's been common knowledge for weeks now that we know of two of the exclusive games, and that one of those games is Mario & Sonic. Whatever logic you use to say it isn't true doesn't change the fact that, according to SEGA, it is.

And yeah, this is essentially a two game deal. They are just calling it a three game deal because Mario and Sonic is coming out during it.
Well if you actually saw my original post i said that statement before it was ever confirmed and you decided to make an issue of it. And the reason i'm saying it doesn't smell right, is the fact that nintendo owns mario anyway which leads to the two game deal as you agreed with. Now either the sega rep has got it wrong(which won't be the first time) or Sega has hoodwinked Nintendo pretty good. Which i find hard to believe but if so really shows how desperate nintendo wants Sonic as an exclusive. I wont believe it until i see a proper confirmation instead of a little tweet.Until then time will tell.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:47:41 am by ROJM »

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2013, 02:36:31 pm »
Oh yeah, didn't see it was May 23rd. Sorry about that!

In any case, it IS true. SEGA has had more then enough time to correct it, and it's been said repeatedly at this point that we already know about two games. Hell, that link i gave you had Kotaku confirming it directly from SEGA. It wasn't just a little tweet.

Well, believe what you want. You'll see soon enough I guess.

I doubt Nintendo was "hoodwinked". Nintendo will have known about the production of Mario & Sonic 2014 since the beginning. This is just being sold as a "three game deal" by PR because Mario and Sonic happens to be coming out at the same time SEGA is giving Nintendo two exclusive Sonics.

Regardless, we don't really know much about this deal, so there is not much more to say
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:41:19 pm by nuckles87 »

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2013, 03:27:24 am »
It is a little strange that M&S is part of this "exclusive" deal because naturally a game starring mario wouldn't em. . . show up on any other console.

It's probably as Nuckles is suggesting, that the "3 exclusive titles partnership" is to make it more of a PR event.  After all the number 3 is much more exciting than 2. 

Offline ROJM

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2013, 06:16:33 am »
It is a little strange that M&S is part of this "exclusive" deal because naturally a game starring mario wouldn't em. . . show up on any other console.

It's probably as Nuckles is suggesting, that the "3 exclusive titles partnership" is to make it more of a PR event.  After all the number 3 is much more exciting than 2. 
Exactly. Like i said i'll beleive it until someone more reputable than Kotaku and a sega rep says it. How can Mario be part of any exclusivity deal for Sonic? That doesn't make sense and its not the way Nintendo works. Besides Sonic and Mario is essentially its own series. Also from what i understand the next new sonic game after SLW is coming out next year,when the contract ties sonic to nintendo for three years. So were still going to see sonic appear in two titles next year on Nintendo because of the olympic tie in. So that's three titles within 17 months.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:42 am »
Exactly. Like i said i'll beleive it until someone more reputable than Kotaku and a sega rep says it. How can Mario be part of any exclusivity deal for Sonic? That doesn't make sense and its not the way Nintendo works. Besides Sonic and Mario is essentially its own series. Also from what i understand the next new sonic game after SLW is coming out next year,when the contract ties sonic to nintendo for three years. So were still going to see sonic appear in two titles next year on Nintendo because of the olympic tie in. So that's three titles within 17 months.
Uh, Mario and Sonic Olympics is part of the three game deal. Nintendo and SEGA said so in multiple press releases.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2013, 07:58:29 am »
Sega hasn't said what games will be released under the deal apart from LW. Everything reported thus far has really been speculation. Nintendo's press release also didn't confirm that S+M was part of the deal,only that it will be shown at E3.

The next title in SEGA’s Sonic the Hedgehog franchise will be exclusive to Nintendo's Wii U home console and Nintendo 3DS portable system. Nintendo Global President Satoru Iwata announced the details of a new partnership with SEGA during a new Nintendo Direct video announcement today. Sonic Lost World is a new action platforming game, and more information about it will be announced before the E3 2013 video game trade show begins on June 11.

The Nintendo Direct also announced Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games for Wii U, and revealed that additional SEGA Game Gear games would be coming to the Virtual Console service for Nintendo 3DS. Outside of SEGA news, Nintendo announced that select Wii U games featured at E3 2013 will soon be playable at participating Best Buy stores, the launch date for New Super Luigi U, new Pikmin 3 game details and additional information about a variety of previously announced Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games.

"The onetime rivalry between Mario and Sonic has grown into a friendship that has never been closer," said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. "These announcements in conjunction with SEGA demonstrate the commitment we have to bringing great games to the Wii U platform, and set the stage for our upcoming announcements at E3."

The description concerning M+S seems to be seperate from the deal that they are talking about. But again we shall see.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:00:11 am by ROJM »