Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 279846 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2014, 07:27:46 am »
No I just don't get why you need to insult people . And all SEGA blah blah blah blah blah..

Yawn...losing an argument in another topic so you have to resort to this usual tactic to get the brownie points and make yourself the good guy. Like i said a loon supporting a loon. Stop wasting my time...

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2014, 08:14:54 am »

I've lost no argument at all with you . And I've always said Bay isn't a SEGA game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2014, 11:43:37 am »
I've lost no argument at all with you . And I've always said Bay isn't a SEGA game
Yes you lost lots of them including the one about Capcom. And now your dredging the Bay isn't sega thing again.Give it up.Like i said stop wasting my time...

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2014, 05:28:55 pm »
No I just don't get why you need to insult people .

It's a tactic used by certain people who realize that they're wrong midway through a discussion and try to avoid admitting this by ignoring the post in question and responding with insults.

Though I'm a little annoyed that I wasted my time replying to someone who clearly in his mind has no room for anyone but himself to be right....eh, it is what it is. If ROJM thinks it helps his "rep" around here to be insulting, then more power to him. We all mature at some point.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2014, 03:22:46 am »
It's a tactic used by certain people who realize that they're wrong midway through a discussion and try to avoid admitting this by ignoring the post in question and responding with insults.

Though I'm a little annoyed that I wasted my time replying to someone who clearly in his mind has no room for anyone but himself to be right....eh, it is what it is. If ROJM thinks it helps his "rep" around here to be insulting, then more power to him. We all mature at some point.

Actually i don't need to play tactics, mate..i just don't suffer fools gladly especially when it comes to Sega. Half the stuff you're spouting nonsense about is COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Yet you don't know it. Its no point continuing a debate with a peanut when they clearly have no knowledge(but pretend to have it) about the subject matter. Its wasting everybody's time especially mine.
So keep playing "the mature" card tactic is not hard when anyone dismantles your argument they'll soon find out that there's nothing there.
Not surprising really...considering who you're username use to be..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:31:31 am by ROJM »

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2014, 01:43:21 pm »
On another note, Nintendo's hosting a screening of Bayonetta: Bloody Fate's English dub at San Diego Comic Con:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/IQxkisotdxmRizGl8NwnfvsH53CZq7tH

Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8 aren’t the only franchises with unique activities at Comic-Con. Bayonetta fans will want to make sure they mark their calendars for a screening of the new animated film Bayonetta: Bloody Fate from FUNimation Entertainment. The stylized animated movie follows the powerful witch Bayonetta as she battles the forces of heaven to regain her memory. The feature film will screen Friday, July 25, at 9:35 p.m. PT in Marriott Hall Room 4 at the Marriott Marquis & Marina hotel. (A San Diego Comic-Con badge is required for entry.)

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2014, 04:30:32 pm »
More like the new JAPANESE ANIMATION, that is being censored across the Atlantic ( I could only assume ). Come one and all, fall in love with Anime all over again. Besides their is not one thing else at CC to look forward to, and everybody is so broke, they are unable to travel to Cali, Japan, France, Canada, or China. I really like this tactic, they are milking people for as little penny possible, just to show off their products and give fan fare items, up front. On the other side, for the little guys ( people like me or you), they get to show their works off, directly to the public. Only real reason to go to these events, is to get your stuff signed, and for lay-a-way goods. I would avoid big business however. Then Nintendo, AGAIN NINTENDO, knows that this game is going to be a big draw to their system, along with their other stuff. So it is like "Blah blah blah is showing off, ONLY ON NINTENDO, blah blah".

Speaking of CC, I remember back when "Suicide Girls" was banned from the event, because they were accused of selling X-rated material to minors, and their booth was not in the correct place. That was just from the idea of the product, and not what they were giving out.

Another thing, I remember when they had these events, just a couple of doors down, their was the adult entertainment expo awards right next door. Funny how these events are on going in the same day.

Yup.............................................Videogames at an Comic book convention. What is this world coming to. Just goes to show were the money is sliding into. Thing I hate the most is when an corperate store ( a store that is not real comic book people ) takes center stage. Like in my area, ( their is this big store ), and the people who run it are complete jerks. They do not care about the Hulk, Superman, or Spider-Man, they are just running the store because they know some moron will walk in and drop their entire savings in their hands. The moment they leave, they are back to making fun of everybody that walks in. Of course I am not talking about a big store that is advertised for years, not the little stores, that only have three chains and you barely hear anything about them, unless they are starting out. Then there are the yuppie stores, but then again can't beat em then join em........ Just hunting the consumers for money, hunting the artists for money, and somewhere in their is an naive person, who thinks everything is just right.

There better be booth babes too, who have good hair and smiles.... not another giant line with a bunch of Jappa-wanna-bee's attempting to grow their hair out. I was one them too, but a whole room of them, kinda gets on my nerves. But that is the past. The staff their are just cringing for the pocket change of everybody who enters. If I did went their I would probably see a bunch of people from my past. Small world.

Offline Ben

« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2014, 07:10:49 pm »
Just really fast;

So keep playing "the mature" card tactic is not hard when anyone dismantles your argument they'll soon find out that there's nothing there.

My argument was not dismantled. Namecalling is not "dismantling an argument."

The publisher bears responsibility for the games they publish. Publishers are involved in a game throughout its development and they approve the game at the end. They are not "surprised" by a game that they release. And if they were, then they did not do their jobs properly.

So yes, if you buy a bad game published by Sega (that they initiated...I'm not talking about a game Sega picked up to publish that was already done beforehand like Nancy Drew or The Conduit, though even then...) then yes Sega is at least partially to blame.

End. 

I mean dude, lol, Sega hired Gearbox......Gearbox was not in charge of the project, Sega was. It was their game; they could have chosen to develop it internally, instead they gave development duties to Gearbox. Sega could have fired Gearbox, they could have said to Gearbox, "no, we don't want you outsourcing this game to Timegate, we want you doing it," they could have said "no, this isn't right, we need you to fix this."

That's their job as a publisher. And generally speaking, when a project goes bad, those who were in charge are held accountable. Granted, in this case, I think most gamers have held Gearbox accountable, which, speaking as a Sega fan, is a good thing; I don't want Sega to be the ones blamed for this, lol. And Gearbox certainly knows better than to put out something like Aliens:Colonial Marines.

But in all honesty, yeah dude, as the one in charge, Sega is technically the one to blame. Sega was the one in charge here, and they let Colonial Marines happen.  Gearbox was not doing its job properly, and Sega either didn't keep a close enough eye on the game's development, or they just didn't care enough to fix the problems; either way, Sega certainly bears responsibility.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:20:12 pm by Ben »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2014, 07:44:57 pm »
^Oh come on, Conduit was pretty fun.

Offline Ben

« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2014, 07:59:42 pm »
haha I didn't diss The Conduit, (haven't played it) just using that as an example. Sega picked up the game when it was already nearly done, so their input was limited.

Something like Colonial Marines though, Sega was involved with from the start. So to say they bear no responsibility at all for it is crazy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:19:28 pm by Ben »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2014, 11:45:41 pm »
^ I agree. Conduit is what it is. The issue here is that SEGA keeps changing direction too damn much. Like just 2 years ago we had a ton of imports: Yakuza Dead Souls, Binary Domain, a few years before that they where doing Marvel content and license movie stuff and now they are sticking with the bare minimum that make money.

The issues is that SEGA West and especially SEGA America hasn't hit it out of the park outside of their mobile/PC divisions and even the new management is sorta fucking up the PC sides of things. Total War II Rome was rushed and most likely due to big failures like Binary Domain, Yakuza Dead Souls and stuff.

But regardless, console side, SEGA has not really made a huge spark. Colonial Marines was in the works forever and survived a bunch of layoffs at SEGA/revolving doors, it was obviously mismanaged. If anything SEGA should have killed it and just given Creative Assembly the game and/or give Rebellion another shot. Was Aliens vs Predator amazing? No, but it was better than Colonial Marines and given fleshed out controls/more time it could be really good. Especially if they take a 'Left 4 Dead' type turn on multiplayer.

Offline Ben

« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2014, 01:08:16 am »
Yeah that's what I keep trying to tell ROJM. Sega are the publishers of the game; they had the freedom to do whatever they wanted to fix it. They could have fired Gearbox, they could have sent in staff from Rebellion or from Creative Assembly to assist Gearbox...I mean, they could have done so much to fix the game when it was discovered that Gearbox's interests had moved elsewhere.

And the infamous "whistleblower" claimed that Sega did briefly cancel the game once they learned that Gearbox was putting their people on other projects like Borderlands and generally mismanaging...but then they pretty much resumed development with Gearbox in control, basically deciding just to go with it...Bad choice.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2014, 04:30:04 am »
Just really fast;

My argument was not dismantled. Namecalling is not "dismantling an argument."

The publisher bears responsibility for the games they publish. Publishers are involved in a game throughout its development and they approve the game at the end. They are not "surprised" by a game that they release. And if they were, then they did not do their jobs properly.

So yes, if you buy a bad game published by Sega (that they initiated...I'm not talking about a game Sega picked up to publish that was already done beforehand like Nancy Drew or The Conduit, though even then...) then yes Sega is at least partially to blame.

End. 

I mean dude, lol, Sega hired Gearbox......Gearbox was not in charge of the project, Sega was. It was their game; they could have chosen to develop it internally, instead they gave development duties to Gearbox. Sega could have fired Gearbox, they could have said to Gearbox, "no, we don't want you outsourcing this game to Timegate, we want you doing it," they could have said "no, this isn't right, we need you to fix this."

That's their job as a publisher. And generally speaking, when a project goes bad, those who were in charge are held accountable. Granted, in this case, I think most gamers have held Gearbox accountable, which, speaking as a Sega fan, is a good thing; I don't want Sega to be the ones blamed for this, lol. And Gearbox certainly knows better than to put out something like Aliens:Colonial Marines.

But in all honesty, yeah dude, as the one in charge, Sega is technically the one to blame. Sega was the one in charge here, and they let Colonial Marines happen.  Gearbox was not doing its job properly, and Sega either didn't keep a close enough eye on the game's development, or they just didn't care enough to fix the problems; either way, Sega certainly bears responsibility.

Namecalling came after the fact. Get it right. Saving face and backtracking really doesn't do you any justice.Laughable really..And yes you couldn't prove me wrong otherwise on your banal attempt to point out the STG being involved when the work was done mostly by Next.

Second..i at least expect people to be familiar with Sega's practices. You're not exactly new around here yet you don't know of their reputation of being more of the relaxed publishers in the industry.

Third ACM was a con job from GBX from the very beginning. So blaming Sega for everything like you like to do won't cut it. Keep repeating that fact, anyone knows anything about the production knows that GBX was hardly upfront about the situation.

That's the end. Deal with it.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2014, 04:34:24 am »
^ I agree. Conduit is what it is. The issue here is that SEGA keeps changing direction too damn much. Like just 2 years ago we had a ton of imports: Yakuza Dead Souls, Binary Domain, a few years before that they where doing Marvel content and license movie stuff and now they are sticking with the bare minimum that make money.

The issues is that SEGA West and especially SEGA America hasn't hit it out of the park outside of their mobile/PC divisions and even the new management is sorta fucking up the PC sides of things. Total War II Rome was rushed and most likely due to big failures like Binary Domain, Yakuza Dead Souls and stuff.

But regardless, console side, SEGA has not really made a huge spark. Colonial Marines was in the works forever and survived a bunch of layoffs at SEGA/revolving doors, it was obviously mismanaged. If anything SEGA should have killed it and just given Creative Assembly the game and/or give Rebellion another shot. Was Aliens vs Predator amazing? No, but it was better than Colonial Marines and given fleshed out controls/more time it could be really good. Especially if they take a 'Left 4 Dead' type turn on multiplayer.

They couldn't just kill it unfortunatly, they couldn't afford to. But heads rolled after that game made release including Hayes who was told his position was no longer tenable. If anything that game probably helped kill off a lot of game production in Sega alone specifically for the west.

Now all they're intrested in is strengthing the PC divison. If ALIEN ISOLATION does well it may open the doors again on console development in the west..

Offline ROJM

« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2014, 04:51:08 am »
^Oh come on, Conduit was pretty fun.

It was..and it was cheap too. My problem with Sega especially in the west is that they haven't given time to develop a series that players can get into and start to identify Sega with. Everytime they start something as George mentioned, they stop it.
At the start of the last gen, Sega released two games that players started to get into. One was FULL AUTO the other was CONDEMNED. CONDEMNED needed another game to solidfy the series, FULL AUTO was popular with the people that brought it but they couldn't buy the sequel because it became a PS3 exclusive.Some of it like CONDEMNED was out of Sega's control since the developer and IP was owned by Warner's who was going into game development fully by the time the sequel came out. But this problem crops up with various other games as well. CHROMEHOUNDS, VALKYRIA to an extent..BD the list is endless.
CONDUIT wasa starting to get a nice following with players on Nintendo. All Sega had to do was publish the game on the 3DS but whatever plans that they had just didn't happen. If Sega gave the time to let their games build with an audience than maybe they would have more titles released this gen.
But because of the fiasco of ACM and this instant money mentality that has gripped management ever since Sammy took over..even if a game does moderatly well...they won't carry on with it and let it build. VANQUISH wasn't even a flop but they thought they could get more. Sega has become too tent pole obsessed when it comes to console games and where the west is concerned can't really establish anything beyond Sonic with gamers today because the management won't give the teams and etc the time.