Author Topic: 16-Bit Blast Processing Heroes - Ecco, Vectorman, Ristar, Kid Chameleon, etc  (Read 218031 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
I like to imagine his games competing with the Zelda franchise while still being a platform game like Mario Odyssey or Sonic Frontiers.

I had ideas for an Alex Kidd game which serves as a reboot to the series. One of my ideas to contribute to Alex Kidd would be the Bladecore and Fancore as alternates to Shellcore. Gooseka, Chokkinna, and Parplin would be recast as allies and teachers to Alex who teach these various core techniques. The core techniques are used in combat as well as some puzzle solving that follow the rock-paper-scissors relations.
Oh.. that's sound nice.
Gooseka, Chokkinna, and Parplin (plus Janken the Great) to Alex could be like Master Shifu, Master Tigress, Master Viper,etc to Po in Kung Fu Panda.

I even came up with this in-game card game that also use rock-paper-scissors relations to play. The idea was various towns had saloons where Janken's loyalists hang out and Alex could go in and play cards with them. This card game was to replace the regular rock-paper-scissors matches.

There are so many type of card plays.
May be one or two of them could be incorporated to Alex Kidd's lore.
I know that rock-paper-scissors is one that Alex Kidd's famous tropes but that dosen't mean we have to limit the games around that.

When Miracle World DX came out, I decided to forget the idea given no point in a reboot now that we have a remake, but I might reuse the rock-paper-scissors card game idea somewhen along the line.

Remake and reboot are different things though so who knows someday we'll have a proper reboot of Alex Kidd.

Offline Berto

Ecco the Dolphin Remake Fangame - Techdemo

Only one level.

Donwload link page : https://jpegprod.itch.io/ecco-the-dolphin

Offline Berto

Over Horizon X Steel Empire Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1qT2tqes0o

Ready to save the galaxy?
Over Horizon X Steel Empire is out now digitally on Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4!
In this bundle, you will get to relive Steel Empire in the original Sega Mega Drive and Gameboy Advance versions, and play Over Horizon in its first ever global release!

Source : https://x.com/ININ_Games/status/1813963147721716138

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Oh.. that's sound nice.
Gooseka, Chokkinna, and Parplin (plus Janken the Great) to Alex could be like Master Shifu, Master Tigress, Master Viper,etc to Po in Kung Fu Panda.

I was also going to make Gooseka, Chokkinna, and Parplin into anthro animals. Gooseka was going to be a bulldog given his rugged face looks like a fist, Chokkinna were to be a rabbit, her ears being like two fingers upwards and her hair styled like the other two fingers and thumb and I think I was going to make Parplin a parrot, whose plumage being like five fingers.
There are so many type of card plays.
May be one or two of them could be incorporated to Alex Kidd's lore.
I know that rock-paper-scissors is one that Alex Kidd's famous tropes but that dosen't mean we have to limit the games around that.
I was sort of inspired by Triple Triad but what I have in mind is a lot different to it.

I wanted to give the impression of going into a saloon with lots of sordid sorts looking at you and playing cards with tough guys. A card game that requires strategy to play but still has a degree of blind luck, like Poker.

The cards consist of a pretty picture and three symbols above it. These symbols being ✊, ✋ and ✌️. These symbols vary in arrangements, some with two of the same symbols, some with blank instead of symbols. (For example ✌️✌️✋, ✋✊✌️ or ✌️✌️_.) For collectors value, the cards may have a 5-star rank but the ranks and pictures aren't important, it's the symbols.

There are two ways to play with these cards:

1v1
Both players prepare their decks by ×5, 15 being the minimal and draw cards to have five cards in each hands. Players take a turn to place a card on a 5×2 field where each player takes up a row. When one card is placed, the ✊✋✌️symbols correspond to the symbols on the cards on both the opposing side and the neighbouring cards. Cards whose symbols are beaten by another card's symbol are put aside as "exhausted". The player with the least exhausted cards win.

1v3
All four players agree on a number of cards to play with, While 1 each can be a minimum, 3 would be ideal and more cards for more rounds. The cards are held, not put aside as decks. The round begins with players choosing a single card in their hand and place it face down. When all players have placed a face down card then the second phase begins, all players turn their cards over to see how the symbols on their cards match to the three other cards on the table. Each player win or lose points per other cards that round. All four cards and put aside for the next round, which is selecting another card from hand. Player with the highest points win.
Remake and reboot are different things though so who knows someday we'll have a proper reboot of Alex Kidd.
Perhaps. Heck my card game alone could serve as a spin-off game itself. I might do that if I ever make an "Alex Kidd: RPBG".

Offline Berto

Capcom says Mega Man is a "highly-valued" IP for them, trying to figure out a path forward for the brand

In an internal Capcom Q&A, the company was asked about what’s next for the Rock star. The short statement they offered in response is as follows:
Mega Man is one of our highly-valued IPs and we are considering how to create games for it on an ongoing basis.
Capcom has shared similar statements about Mega Man in the past, and it seems they’re still having trouble cracking the path forward for Mega Man. Hopefully this careful consideration and exploration of ideas results in ...

Article : https://gonintendo.com/contents/38164-capcom-says-mega-man-is-a-highly-valued-ip-for-them-trying-to-figure-out-a-path

Offline Berto

I was also going to make Gooseka, Chokkinna, and Parplin into anthro animals. Gooseka was going to be a bulldog given his rugged face looks like a fist, Chokkinna were to be a rabbit, her ears being like two fingers upwards and her hair styled like the other two fingers and thumb and I think I was going to make Parplin a parrot, whose plumage being like five fingers.

Now that you mentioned anthro animal ... Is Alex Kidd even a human?
Or is he some kind of elf? Or may be an anthro monkey?
Because his ears are kinda big for a human.

I was sort of inspired by Triple Triad but what I have in mind is a lot different to it.

I wanted to give the impression of going into a saloon with lots of sordid sorts looking at you and playing cards with tough guys. A card game that requires strategy to play but still has a degree of blind luck, like Poker.

The cards consist of a pretty picture and three symbols above it. These symbols being ✊, ✋ and ✌️. These symbols vary in arrangements, some with two of the same symbols, some with blank instead of symbols. (For example ✌️✌️✋, ✋✊✌️ or ✌️✌️_.) For collectors value, the cards may have a 5-star rank but the ranks and pictures aren't important, it's the symbols.

There are two ways to play with these cards:

1v1
Both players prepare their decks by ×5, 15 being the minimal and draw cards to have five cards in each hands. Players take a turn to place a card on a 5×2 field where each player takes up a row. When one card is placed, the ✊✋✌️symbols correspond to the symbols on the cards on both the opposing side and the neighbouring cards. Cards whose symbols are beaten by another card's symbol are put aside as "exhausted". The player with the least exhausted cards win.

1v3
All four players agree on a number of cards to play with, While 1 each can be a minimum, 3 would be ideal and more cards for more rounds. The cards are held, not put aside as decks. The round begins with players choosing a single card in their hand and place it face down. When all players have placed a face down card then the second phase begins, all players turn their cards over to see how the symbols on their cards match to the three other cards on the table. Each player win or lose points per other cards that round. All four cards and put aside for the next round, which is selecting another card from hand. Player with the highest points win.

Sound kinda complicated to me reading this, but may be it won't be when I get to actually play it.
Most of card based games were like that to me.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Now that you mentioned anthro animal ... Is Alex Kidd even a human?
Or is he some kind of elf? Or may be an anthro monkey?
Because his ears are kinda big for a human.

I would say he is about as much of an elf as Hylians are from the Zelda series.

I know that Alex Kidd in Miracle World was originally going to be a Dragon Ball game until Sega lost the rights during development, so the reason why Alex looks a bit monkey-like could be accounted for how Son Goku is based on Sun Wukong.

I mean, Alex once fought an ox and a bear, didn't Goku once fought animals in his original series?
(Can you imagine Alex Kidd voiced by  Masako Nozawa/Stephanie Nadolny?)
Sound kinda complicated to me reading this, but may be it won't be when I get to actually play it.
Most of card based games were like that to me.
It probably would be easier to show the rules with pictures, but I couldn't be bothered to draw them and temporary host them. The gameplay is rather simple.

I wanted to give the feel of playing Poker, but rules that children can understand. Plus re-using the rock-paper-scissors dynamic as an alternate than just... well, rock-paper-scissors as it is.

Offline Berto

I would say he is about as much of an elf as Hylians are from the Zelda series.

Aren't elves supposed to have pointy ears?

I know that Alex Kidd in Miracle World was originally going to be a Dragon Ball game until Sega lost the rights during development, so the reason why Alex looks a bit monkey-like could be accounted for how Son Goku is based on Sun Wukong.

I mean, Alex once fought an ox and a bear, didn't Goku once fought animals in his original series?
(Can you imagine Alex Kidd voiced by  Masako Nozawa/Stephanie Nadolny?)

Yep, he does. If he's based on Sun Wu Kong then I guess he's more like monkey god/demon/deity.

It probably would be easier to show the rules with pictures, but I couldn't be bothered to draw them and temporary host them. The gameplay is rather simple.

I wanted to give the feel of playing Poker, but rules that children can understand. Plus re-using the rock-paper-scissors dynamic as an alternate than just... well, rock-paper-scissors as it is.

Understandable. Just take your time and have fun in making it.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Aren't elves supposed to have pointy ears?
Yeah, but as far as I'm aware, Hylians are never refered to as elves despite having pointy ears. So could be the same for Radaxians.
Yep, he does. If he's based on Sun Wu Kong then I guess he's more like monkey god/demon/deity.
He's also based on Bruce Lee's role as Billy Lo in the movie "Game of Death".
Understandable. Just take your time and have fun in making it.
Yeah, I'm sure I'll find some use for it.

Offline Berto

The legend of Valis reaches its pinnacle here!
Pre-orders for physical editions of VALIS: The Fantasm Soldier Collection III for Switch launch next Friday, August 2nd!

Great things come in 3s, so we've filled our Collector's Edition for VALIS: The Fantasm Soldier Collection III with a triple CD OST, three art prints, and more to complement your Valis collection!
This third collection will also receive a triple-LP collector's vinyl! You can pre-order this set alongside the game as part of our VALIS: The Fantasm Soldier Collection III collection!

Preview the collection and wishlist today here: https://bit.ly/4feUmox

Offline Berto

Yeah, but as far as I'm aware, Hylians are never refered to as elves despite having pointy ears. So could be the same for Radaxians.

You're right, I guess it's more safe to just call him a Radaxian.

He's also based on Bruce Lee's role as Billy Lo in the movie "Game of Death".

It's been ages since the last time I watched Bruce Lee movies, I forgot which one is which.

Offline Berto

Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked - OG cover variant

Here's another peek at the variants coming to Comic-Con International (July 25–28, 2024) in San Diego!
🚀If you're nostalgic for Rocket Knight, check out this OG cover variant!

Source : https://x.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1815834881982599586

Offline Mystic Monkey

You're right, I guess it's more safe to just call him a Radaxian.
Plus, it's kind of hard to tell if Radaxians are like Hylians in biology or not.

Our four examples of Radaxians are Alex, his brother Igul, his brothers wife Lora and his friend (maybe girlfriend) Stella. Are all Radazians dwarfish in stature or just this group?

Plus, pictures vary if Radaxians have pointy ears or not. Most of them seem to just have large round ears.
It's been ages since the last time I watched Bruce Lee movies, I forgot which one is which.
I might watch Game of Death later.