Author Topic: Super Mario 3 video review  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Gagaman

• Total Meseta: 2
    • http://segamemories.tumblr.com/
Super Mario 3 video review
« on: April 01, 2014, 08:59:04 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm_JRT1xvk8

What a classic, found it in a charity shop too! Even Charles Martinet himself is excited for this review!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Super Mario 3 video review
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 08:28:21 am »
Can't wait for you guys to take on The Lost Levels!

Great video!

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 10:08:30 pm »
Would be impressed but somebody in the video said, "Old time classical" and that is when I stopped watching this rubbish. Do not be a zombie follower, and support big business words. Couldn't watch the rest of the video, sorries.

Mario 3 is the apex of every single Mario game that will ever come and ever be. Mario WU, almost worked as a new replacement, but the levels were offsetting, and even tried to include nostalgia by putting themes from the original games. Also Bowser in a cat suit, is kinda cross the line, but that is MWU.

Mario 3 was perfec in all of it's might, even you compare it side by side with Sonic 3 ( which is probably the only thing to come close to it, that is not a Mario game ). Super Mario World 2:YI was probably the next best thing to this game.

I could play that game forever, and ever and ever and never get bored of it. Unlike Sonic 3 where it comes to that one temple stage, where you have the awesome air fight, but the stage is lame. Mario 3 is auwsome.

The only thing that is near it is probably Mario 2, because between the two games, it was amazing, of the transitions Mario went through. Mario 2 is both fun and challenging. Mario 3 just makes me drunk haffy.

Lets take why New Super Mario Wii/Wii U, sucks compared to Mario 3?

1. Koopa kids have more respect for themselves.

2. The goofy animations, and sounds. The N64 started the whole crappy sound bit, for Mario, and while I do like the NSMBSNDS, the Wii/WiiU games makes it hard.

If I had to hand pick enemies, I think the Hammer Brothers and BoomBoom ( with daughter ), are probable the best enemies to transition. Goombas using power-ups was also cool ( but alas that was stolen, from Mario 3.

Offline Gagaman

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 05:41:14 am »
So you literately stopped watching after the FIRST sentence, thus entirely missing the whole point of the whole video? You may as well just say "I didn't watch the video, here is a load of guff to explain just how much I didn't watch the video just so I can babble about my opinion". Fucking hell.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 07:50:19 am »
RegalSin, what the hell was that? I swear dude, you must be some sort of spam bot who has discovered sentience and is attempting to connect with the human race on some bizarre level.

I won't even waste time breaking down how weird your reply was. Another off-the-wall off topic reply like this will result in a warning. As is, you've discovered a new form of forum spam.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »
I don't think I will watch it till the end, but it is hilarious so far!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 03:55:40 pm »
Cube, comments like this make you sound like a douche bag. I know that isn't what you are aiming for, but thats how the comment comes off as.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 08:56:33 pm »
Fair enough, I will try to be more careful with how I choose my words.

I made the comments while I was watching the video, it started off hilariously though a few minutes in to it,   I started to loose interest.

Though the pure commentary part at the end was pretty funny too.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »
Oh so I see, so it a bunch of Popeye clones, talking about "Super Mario", like if they are completely, unknowing to actual have played Mario. So they head out on their Mario DDR, mat, and start playing "Super Mario" talking about the blue sky of the background..................riiiiiiggghhhhhhttttttt

This is worst then "Pineapple 2"...if you get that line...............auwhh.....auuwwhhh,,,,

Offline Gagaman

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 04:52:54 am »
It was an April Fools joke. Do I need to spell it out for you.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 01:21:19 am »