Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 463746 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Yes, Sonic Team isn't as big as RGG or Sega Online R&D and they already got their hand full.
So if it's not the main game, give the project to the one who's already loved by fans.
If the game's based on Sonic Speed Simulator then they could ask Gamefam.
If the game's 2D retro remake then they could ask Taxman (which they already did recently with Sonic3&K for Sonic Origins).
If the game's racing then they could ask Sumo Digital.
If it's a handheld game then they could ask Dimps.
If it's a mobile game then they could ask Hardlight or Feral Interactive.
I still don't think they need Gamefam to make a Sonic game that recreates the same physics and gameplay in Sonic Adventure. For starters Gamefam used Roblox Studio as the basis for SSS while there are fan games out there made from Scratch (or at least with Unity or Unreal) that already has the gameplay and physics down perfectly. Sonic Team could either hire an independant group like they did with Taxman or make it themselves given they themselves made Sonic Adventure.
I'm sure we'll learn more.
That would make the matching charging stand a waste.
It has quick charge function.
Able to fully charge the controller in under 3 hours, also designed with overcharge protection to prevent overheating and short circuiting.
I guess, just where would I put the charger? I mean, I have a sort of side-table out of old boxes and it's mostly cluttered.

But if that controller ever hits Sega Shop UK... well it's the only way I can get it. I can't do Amazon.
Sonic Forces - June 2022 Update Notes

Source : https://www.facebook.com/SEGAHARDlight/
They really should rename it "Sonic: Speed Battle" at this point. The game is still popular and ongoing but Sonic Forces itself is rather dated.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
I still don't think they need Gamefam to make a Sonic game that recreates the same physics and gameplay in Sonic Adventure. For starters Gamefam used Roblox Studio as the basis for SSS while there are fan games out there made from Scratch (or at least with Unity or Unreal) that already has the gameplay and physics down perfectly. Sonic Team could either hire an independant group like they did with Taxman or make it themselves given they themselves made Sonic Adventure.

Yes they could, the question is "would they"?

I guess, just where would I put the charger? I mean, I have a sort of side-table out of old boxes and it's mostly cluttered.

But if that controller ever hits Sega Shop UK... well it's the only way I can get it. I can't do Amazon.

What's wrong with Amazon?

They really should rename it "Sonic: Speed Battle" at this point. The game is still popular and ongoing but Sonic Forces itself is rather dated.

May be they'll rename it to Sonic Frontiers: Speed Battle later, who knows?
That wouldn't be the first time SEGA changes its mobile game name :

Offline Berto

Man, I love Orbot. Nice guy that's serving evil guy

TailsTube - Guest starring: Orbot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Gbd-SvBAE

Offline Berto

Pre-order for Sonic Origins is now available at the Nintendo eShop!

Purchase the Standard Edition to get the main game, or treat yourself to the 🌴Deluxe Edition🌴 to get the main game alongside a variety of additional DLCs!
Both editions will become available to purchase at the same time. Pre-order purchases will include "Start Dash Pack" DLC as a bonus!

Sonic Origins includes a variety of Sonic titles, including the very first Sonic The Hedgehog game in the series in addition to Sonic CD, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, and Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.
You can relive the experience of seeing those nostalgic sprites on the latest platforms with modern frame-rate performance!

Link : https://asia.sega.com/SonicOrigins/en/

Offline Berto

Korone in Sonic Adventure 2 (MOD SHOWCASE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOYCh16B-yw

Offline Berto

SEGA-filled pop-up shop in Akihabara Line-up Goods include Sonic, Space Harrier, Mega Drive, Fantazy Zone, Feel the Magic: XY/XX, and AM2 Logo

SEGA-filled pop-up shop is coming to Akihabara.
It will be held from June 15th to July 3rd.

Link : https://akihabara-container.jp/event/612

Offline Berto

Sonic Official - Season 6 Episode 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L34CDy0qiAs

Offline Berto

How Sonic Frontiers Came to Be an 'Open-Zone' Game | IGN First

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsGkteHE3jA

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Yes they could, the question is "would they"?
It's not out of character for them to do so, so I imagine they would hire a second-party to collab with Sonic Team to either remake Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 as a compilation and/or Sonic Adventure 3. Iizuka did say he wanted to continye the Adventure games someday.
What's wrong with Amazon?
Nothing. I just can't be bothered to get an Amazon account.
May be they'll rename it to Sonic Frontiers: Speed Battle later, who knows?
That wouldn't be the first time SEGA changes its mobile game name :

But when Sonic Frontiers is over and done with and we get the next Sonic game like "Sonic Badonkas" then Speed Battle will just be renamed "Sonic Badonkas: Speed Battle".

The only reason I would see the game being renamed "Sonic Frontiers: Speed Battle" is if they close down Sonic Forces: Speed Battle and start a fresh. Which means the same old game just new courses, some old ones and you have to re-earn your characters and everything. And no one wants that. They tried to do it with Sonic Runners when they closed it down and made Sonic Runners Adventure.

I'd say, ditch the middle-man name and rebrand it as "Sonic Speed Battle". That way they can have events that cater for new game releases, as well as movies.

Man, I love Orbot. Nice guy that's serving evil guy

TailsTube - Guest starring: Orbot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Gbd-SvBAE
This actually answered my burning question on why GUN didn't get involved in the war of Sonic Forces.
Korone in Sonic Adventure 2 (MOD SHOWCASE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOYCh16B-yw
Y'know it's easy to forget as a hololive character she isn't just some run-of-the-mill YouTuber with a virtual avatar. Yet still the sheer popularity of Korone and the hololive characters is almost staggering.

I mean, when has anyone made news of the Irish the Hedgehog mod?

Offline Berto

It's not out of character for them to do so, so I imagine they would hire a second-party to collab with Sonic Team to either remake Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 as a compilation and/or Sonic Adventure 3. Iizuka did say he wanted to continye the Adventure games someday.

Yes, but Iizuka also said they always wanted to challenge themself into new things, that's why Sonic game usually very different from the previous one.

But when Sonic Frontiers is over and done with and we get the next Sonic game like "Sonic Badonkas" then Speed Battle will just be renamed "Sonic Badonkas: Speed Battle".

The only reason I would see the game being renamed "Sonic Frontiers: Speed Battle" is if they close down Sonic Forces: Speed Battle and start a fresh. Which means the same old game just new courses, some old ones and you have to re-earn your characters and everything. And no one wants that. They tried to do it with Sonic Runners when they closed it down and made Sonic Runners Adventure.

I'd say, ditch the middle-man name and rebrand it as "Sonic Speed Battle". That way they can have events that cater for new game releases, as well as movies.

But actually the renaming thing was working.
After renaming, Sonic Forces mobile somehow could compete with SEGA's Japanese mobile games, the only SEGA's western mobile game that could make it to top ten every month.
May be when people searched "Sonic Forces" in the google they found this mobile game instead, tried them, and then got hooked up.
Pretty sure there are more people searched "Sonic Forces" than just "Sonic Speed Battle", Foreces name is catchier after all.
Still no way it could beat Miku mobile game (Project Sekai) though. Miku could even beat PSO2 NGS.

Y'know it's easy to forget as a hololive character she isn't just some run-of-the-mill YouTuber with a virtual avatar. Yet still the sheer popularity of Korone and the hololive characters is almost staggering.

I mean, when has anyone made news of the Irish the Hedgehog mod?

These hololive characters could talk and respond to fans immediately in their stream, that's what gibe them advantage compared to non streamer characters.

Offline Berto

Offline Berto

Offline Berto

Offline Berto

Offline Berto