Author Topic: First Look at Arrow, The Green Arrow TV Show...  (Read 3357 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
First Look at Arrow, The Green Arrow TV Show...
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:42:37 pm »

After being marooned for five years on a remote island, former billionaire playboy Oliver Queen returns with a mysterious agenda and a lethal set of new skills that he uses in a war on crime.

Here’s a first look at the new The CW’s pilot ARROW, starring Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen and Arrow. Arrow’s suit was designed by three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood.

ARROW pilot director/executive producer David Nutter said: “When I directed the pilot for Smallville, I knew that making Clark Kent relatable would be the key to audiences believing in him as a hero. ARROW is a different show — darker and harder-edged — but it’s the same core idea. We’re creating a real, believable world in which Oliver Queen can do incredible things. Colleen Atwood’s great work on the Arrow costume reflects that effort.

ARROW is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, who is directing, from a teleplay by Kreisberg & Guggenheim, story by Berlanti & Guggenheim. Melissa Kellner Berman is co-executive producer.

Based upon characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

© 2012 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved. Photo Credit: Joseph Lederer
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/03/19/first-look-at-arrow

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: First Look at Arrow, The Green Arrow TV Show...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:18:34 pm »
*notices that some of the writers of the Green Lantern movie are involved*

I'm a little cautious about this, I'll at least record it when I find out the air date.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:19:05 am »
It's nice to see they're doing another DCU show.
I don't really get the sleeves on the jacket though. A full on leather jacket doesn't seem all that practical for archery. It's cool that he's using a recurve bow instead of that crossbow that the Smallville version used though.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:47:39 am »
I'm with Chaosmaster on this one. I'm mildly cautious about the Green Lantern crew on this one.
However, since this is a TV show it's more within Greg Berlanti's realm, so I assume that he's more confortable here. But right now, I'm 50-50 on this.

But the suit, one word: AWESOME!

If they have something along the lines of an action series like Human Target, I'm all for it.