Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 283737 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #540 on: October 24, 2014, 11:17:26 pm »
It does suck indeed. I mean there are ways but I imagine it would be very expensive and require too much effort if you ordered it from abroad, traded the discs and then sold the US case with the EU discs back to europe.

Anyway i'm quite surprised and glad with the effort that's put into bayonetta 2. They're giving the game a lot of exposure and lol at that playmate cosplaying bayonetta... I guess nintendo isnt that stupid to ignore the great reception and not build on that momentum
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 04:50:30 am by CrazyT »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #541 on: October 25, 2014, 01:51:52 am »
Well got the game and its just more of the same (hardly looks any different) and while that maybe good enough for some .. to me its just a very well made action game, but have played and owned far better
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #542 on: October 25, 2014, 05:19:17 am »
Well got the game and its just more of the same (hardly looks any different) and while that maybe good enough for some .. to me its just a very well made action game, but have played and owned far better

Coming from the guy who thinks Ninja Gaiden 2 is better than the first BAYONETTA....LOL...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:21:00 am by ROJM »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #543 on: October 25, 2014, 06:26:20 am »
I've been replaying the first game before playing 2, I'd forgotten how good it is! The Wii-U port is very nice too, I'm playing default costume, but the new ones look fun as well (might be a little broken).
I'm surprised they bothered to implement touch controls, is there really anyone who'll be using those to play the game?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #544 on: October 25, 2014, 08:54:41 am »
I didn't even bother with touch controls when I played the demo. I liked W101, but I do not want touch screen nonsense when playing Bayonetta. I'll have to try out the pro controller, forgot the game used that.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #545 on: October 25, 2014, 10:14:44 am »
Coming from the guy who thinks Ninja Gaiden 2 is better than the first BAYONETTA

Much better and so is Ninja Gaiden 1 . Both happen to be the best action games around imo , but I doubt you've ever played them, much less finished them
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #546 on: October 25, 2014, 11:30:33 am »

Much better and so is Ninja Gaiden 1 . Both happen to be the best action games around imo , but I doubt you've ever played them, much less finished them

And that's why no one takes you seriously anymore TA.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #547 on: October 25, 2014, 11:58:53 am »
Ninja Gaiden is better than Bayonetta?

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #548 on: October 25, 2014, 04:14:02 pm »
I didn't even bother with touch controls when I played the demo. I liked W101, but I do not want touch screen nonsense when playing Bayonetta. I'll have to try out the pro controller, forgot the game used that.

Yeah I'm thinking of getting the pro controller too. After playing the first 2 chapters, the standard Wiiu gamepad is my last remaining hangup with this game. It's not terrible, but that 360 controller just pampered me too much.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #549 on: October 25, 2014, 04:24:01 pm »
Exactly my point...its not suited for a game like BAYONETTA 2..or 1...

Offline Randroid

« Reply #550 on: October 25, 2014, 04:24:37 pm »
Also, I gotta say, my fears of Nintendo being rubbed in my face throughout this game have subsided. That intro was awesome. Kinda makes me wish as I did when I first got the WiiU, that Sega would just double down on the WiiU and release all of their titles for it solely. Make it sega console by default. I know it's not gonna happen though.

Also, I'm definitely sure now that sega had creative involvement with this game. Alex the kid? Fuggettabowdit!

How would you guys feel about a Wii-U Vanquish?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #551 on: October 25, 2014, 04:24:56 pm »
JASON F'ing Lee...when he was cool ...and before he did Earl....listen to the man...WHAT?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #552 on: October 25, 2014, 04:28:07 pm »
To me that's what they should have done with BINARY DOMAIN at least was make it into a launch title for PS4 /XBO...it would have had a better chance in making a profit than it did on a system full of those games..and VANQUISH 2 and other titles Sega had would have benefited if they released it on a system like Wii U for the west first and then go to Japan. But oh well. HOUSE OF THE DEAD OVERKILL 2 would have benefited  if Sega continued their western plans..

Offline Randroid

« Reply #553 on: October 25, 2014, 05:04:27 pm »
To me that's what they should have done with BINARY DOMAIN

Definitely. Hold out for a next gen release, beef up the graphics/framerate and release it on PC at the same time. Would have stood out a lot more than it did. All new original Sega IPs are going to have this problem now where if they are released on platforms with many titles of the same genre, they simply won't get noticed or will be dismissed outright for having a Sega label, only to be touted as hidden gems 6 months later. 

I recalled Binary Domain on release being endlessly dismissed as a Gears of War clone. That remark would have benefited the game as a Wii-U exclusive as it had no Gears of War equivalent.

One thing Sega nailed was SSAR:Transformed. Perfect timing! All the platforms didn't have major Kart racers out and it got the spotlight it deserved. Sega has to be sooo careful with their timing now.

Do you think Sega can even release new IPs on the next gen consoles anymore? Thank Neptunia they got Atlus! Sneaking their new IPs through Atlus will get them attention on the PS4/XB1 again.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #554 on: October 26, 2014, 08:21:07 am »
I ended up getting a Nyko Commander controller, it's cheaper than the official Pro controller and it's actually very good.