Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 280541 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #345 on: October 02, 2014, 02:12:22 am »
I really love the first model 'Mega CD/SEGA CD'. Too bad they break easier than the model 2.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2014, 04:13:52 am »

Honestly, I often have difficulties comprehending the finer details of your
posts sometimes. As far as I'm concerned Kamiya doesn't "pander" to his fans,
and I've never seen him pander. I've seen him curse out his own fans, fans of a
major Nintendo franchise, and he's publicly called out journalists. He is, if
anything, brutally honest to the point of being unseemly.

Honestly i have diffulcuties to your overzealousy of Sonic and PG but go figure...you now know how i feel...

What he's saying here about Nintendo swooping in to save the game is something
he's also been saying ever since it was announced, at the same time he was
cursing out these people. What he's saying here is nothing new, so he's not
really "pandering" just because the game is released, if that's what your
implying. He's merely enforcing the narrative he established from day one, and
adding some additional details to make clear just how dire the game's situation
once was.

Of course he's pandering. He's letting people be known that we all should be grateful for Nintendo in saving the game. So please everyone buythe game on nintendo. That's what it is bottom line. BAYONETTA 2 was a game that Sega spent development money on than stopped it along many other games. They didn't stop Bay 2 by itself. PG should consider themselves lucky that they could get the game finished. Without Sega the game would not exist. But of course that didn't stop PG bashing Sega for it.

There's no doubt he's simplifying what was a complex negotiation, but I'm not
really sure what relevance that has to the narrative. If Nintendo didn't "save"
the game...then what did happen?

Everything. Sega owns the IP. They could have easily have said no. Sega also helped PG shop around the title. Like i said if you know anything about big corporations and how they do business especially Sega than you'd know that it wasn't as simple that he's making out.When people read this they will think Nintendo just took over and sega had nothing to do with it. Its a misrepresentation to what actually happened.

By the way...do you have a source for this? I'd like to see it.

George already backed me up on this...but how short a memory do people have.

I'd also like you to link to what you consider to be him pandering to his fans.

Even if i gave one you wouldn't understand it. So why bother...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:20:51 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2014, 04:22:27 am »
Exactly! Dude's pretty much the only guy in the industry who doesn't take anyone's shit, gives everyone shit, and never gets in trouble for it.

He's just a bit like Tomonobu Itagaki and all the better for it
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #348 on: October 02, 2014, 04:22:51 am »
Yeah, its funny the only thing I have seen him do is NOT pander to fans. When Bayonetta was announced the mainstream media shit on the female's design, when part 2 was announced it was on an all new system for a company the fans of the first game didn't buy. Oh and Nintendo fanboys talking it up as exclusive? He insults them? Smash bros? He openly hates it. Bayonetta 2 logo? Openly hates it.

Its like, he just does whatever he wants. The only time I sorta heard him talk shit about SEGA games, wasn't really a jab at SEGA games but arcade games in general. Said that he beat Shinobi and felt ripped that the ending had no cutscene, just a game over screen.

That's understandable, game's have evolved. But I don't think he hates SEGA. Here is his Mega Drive:
http://twitpic.com/4wox76

Well i suggest you read the gameinformer interview again George....
Then he changes his mind..why? Because the game is about to be released....
That's pandering.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #349 on: October 02, 2014, 04:24:34 am »

He's just a bit like Tomonobu Itagaki and all the better for it
Except Itagaki did get into trouble for it..i heard it was diffulcult in him finding a  publisher for his game when THQ closed shop....he burnt too many bridges apperently...and Nintendo "saved" that in the end too..
I only give him dues because of his respect and love for the Saturn.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #350 on: October 02, 2014, 05:59:32 am »
Except Itagaki did get into trouble for it..i heard it was diffulcult in him finding a  publisher for his game when THQ closed shop....he burnt too many bridges apperently...and Nintendo "saved" that in the end too..
I only give him dues because of his respect and love for the Saturn.

Too bad Devil's Third looks atrocious.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #351 on: October 02, 2014, 08:10:49 am »
when THQ closed shop....he burnt too many bridges apperently...and Nintendo "saved" that in the end too..

Itagaki-san had issues with Nintendo and dissed them in past. Everyone changes their tune when your games funding depends on it .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #352 on: October 02, 2014, 08:19:24 am »
Itagaki-san had issues with Nintendo and dissed them in past. Everyone changes their tune when your games funding depends on it .

That's why i said "saved" by Nintendo. If Nintendo wasn't desperate i doubt they'd even have took the publishing duties for this game.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #353 on: October 02, 2014, 09:04:28 am »
Is that the best you can do

Just pointing out how again you'll change your tune .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2014, 09:09:15 am »

Just pointing out how again you'll change your tune .

I haven't changed any tune. The cull of 2012 is quite known. How is that changing my tune when i argued that segasammy hasn't cutback on everything? Key words..hasn't cut back on everything.
Now can we please have an IGNORE button in here please?

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #355 on: October 02, 2014, 10:13:10 am »
That's why i said "saved" by Nintendo. If Nintendo wasn't desperate i doubt they'd even have took the publishing duties for this game.
Yup, Nintendo is so desperate they're publishing a game that'll possibly make a loss when it comes to sales. That must be it. This is also why they published Wonderful 101, a game that's so niche that chances for it being financially successful were basically zero.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:15:55 am by TimmiT »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2014, 10:23:29 am »
Yup, Nintendo is so desperate they're publishing a game that'll possibly make a loss when it comes to sales. That must be it. This is also why they published Wonderful 101, a game that's so niche that chances for it being financially successful were basically zero.
I was talking about Itagaki's new game and the fact that nintendo are desperate since the Wii U isn't doing good business and they need all the titles they can get to attract a certain type of gamer. Jesus...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #357 on: October 02, 2014, 10:24:55 am »
I'm not sure if it was desperation they picked up on Platinum Games, I think it was more to do with the fact that they were trying to court the teen to adult gamers showing them "Look, we don't focus just on party games, we have mature and alternate titles too!"

I think bagging the Sonic exclusivity deal was desperation though, probably the worst exclusivity deal in recent history, I can't think of a worse arrangement actually?

I was talking about Itagaki's new game and the fact that nintendo are desperate since the Wii U isn't doing good business and they need all the titles they can get to attract a certain type of gamer. Jesus...

Oh right, in that sense I can see what you mean Joe, especially as you look at the state of the game. It's amazing Itagaki got funding at all!

Offline ROJM

« Reply #358 on: October 02, 2014, 10:28:29 am »
Aki..Nintendo isn't known to pick up titles that were made or halfway made by someone else....yet they've done it with this generation..and you can see why..they thought they could compete with the big two..with a lesser machine like they did with the Wii and beat them with using a cheaper alternative and having the same type of games...that's what they initially tried with the Wii..until the game that used the controller was the real hit and Nintendo went with an entirely new direction compared to what they were offering with some third parties as titles for the Wii..many of them were adult themed games..

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #359 on: October 02, 2014, 10:40:39 am »
It might also be in a bid to entice more third parties to work with them. Nintendo seems to have a stigma surrounding them and their consoles of having slim to no third party support, and it wouldn't surprise me if part of that is that they are seen to be hard to work with.

If they make the effort to approach and nurture developers like Platinum or Itagaki's mob and let them make their dream projects it might then start pulling in other developers who previously would have gone elsewhere or not considered them. I'm also think it helps their image by breaking the stigma of 'Nintendo Franchises only' and also gives them some exlclusives where Xbone/PS3/PC seem to share most of their big games anyway.