Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 280559 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #570 on: November 02, 2014, 11:15:35 am »
Alright, so I just beat Bayo 2 today. I gotta say, I like 1 way more than 2. Even subtracting the Sega vs Nintendo aspects, I still think 1 is the superior game.

Those who've beat both, what do you say?

Isaid that already..1 is better than two..mainly down to experience...two as i sad before worthy follow up.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #571 on: November 02, 2014, 11:16:40 am »
Cant remember if I asked this, but is there any chance this game will ever be ported to other consoles, or even better PC, even in the far future? Or has Nintendo got this on lock down forever?

I'd say a lock for now...and i can't see Sega paying Nintendo to port it either...stranger things has happened though..

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #572 on: November 02, 2014, 10:34:36 pm »
Cant remember if I asked this, but is there any chance this game will ever be ported to other consoles, or even better PC, even in the far future? Or has Nintendo got this on lock down forever?

Nintendo own publishing rights to Bayonetta 2, so it's hugely unlikely. Look at Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, never released on anything other than Gamecube.

I believe that Sega (since they own the IP) would either have to buy the rights to publish it elsewhere from Ninty, or else totally remake the game so it's not the 'same title'? Not sure of the particulars but again it's massively unlikely Sega would go to the trouble or spend the money.

I'm pretty sure it's Wii-U or bust.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #573 on: November 03, 2014, 08:47:36 am »
I have to say I do think the first is the better game so far, but it's a close call.

Ugh, don't tell me that. I just finished the first game this weekend and I'd say I enjoyed the first 40% of it, but then I was eagerly awaiting the credits... but the game just would not finish. There are a lot of ambitious level and boss designs in that game, but they are super confusing and punishing until you finally/randomly figure out what you're supposed to do.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #574 on: November 03, 2014, 08:50:49 am »
Ugh, don't tell me that. I just finished the first game this weekend and I'd say I enjoyed the first 40% of it, but then I was eagerly awaiting the credits... but the game just would not finish. There are a lot of ambitious level and boss designs in that game, but they are super confusing and punishing until you finally/randomly figure out what you're supposed to do.

Really? I never had issue knowing what to do in Bayonetta and found the game a joy from beginning to end. Can you give me some specific examples about ones you didn't like? Genuinely curious.

I loved everyting minus the cutscenes. I played the game through watching the story segments for the first time since my first playthrough and holy shit they are painful.

Offline segaismysavior

« Reply #575 on: November 03, 2014, 03:55:35 pm »
Really? I never had issue knowing what to do in Bayonetta and found the game a joy from beginning to end. Can you give me some specific examples about ones you didn't like? Genuinely curious.

Tough to recall everything, but many of the bosses with floating platforms confused the hell out of me. They'd keep their distance, extend something closer to you, but be vague as to what you were supposed to attack (or how you could attack instead of dodge every 2 seconds) while it spammed projectiles at you. Many of these gave you the ability to leap to other platforms with a context-sensitive button press, but I had trouble noticing it right away and the button press would disappear right after I did. Not sure how I would lose it, but the boss tended to smash the platform before I could get off of it. Then there are also two-second-window button presses that will instantly kill you if you missed them (which I did, every first time they popped up).

I also had trouble with the witch power that lets you walk on walls. Only when they first introduce it do they make a big deal out of it, but the blue shadow alone isn't always obvious to tell you when it's active. I mainly remember the plane-interior level where the electrified water rose up quickly and I spun around trying to figure out what to jump to. Took about 5 minutes to realize the blue shadow was there, considering the entire level was now shaded blue as well. If I actually had control over when the power is active, then I'd more likely remember I could use it.

I initially loved the inclusion of the motorcycle and Space Harrier levels, but hot damn if they didn't stick around 3 minutes too long. Also the final level where you run through a skyscraper fighting remixed versions of all the bosses... ugh, just let me finish the game already.

I'll also point out how terrible the game is at explaining the items, crafting, weapons, weapon slots, and purchasing of upgrades. I'd likely have had a better experience if I knew what to do with those and knew better combos beyond trial and error mashing. I am in no way excellent at this type of game, but I am willing to later replay levels with better weapons, moves, and knowledge of the boss attacks.

I loved everyting minus the cutscenes... holy shit they are painful.

This. Some are genuinely funny, but I'd estimate 65% of them outstay their welcome.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #576 on: November 03, 2014, 06:40:15 pm »
Can't agree with either you guys here. For Bayo1 I both thought the game was incredibly intuitive and I loved all the cut scenes.

Can't say the same about Bayo2 regarding the cut scenes, although I'll admit the story ties in nicely with Bayo1.

Comon guys, catch up so we can go full spoiler mode up in this bitch.

Offline segaismysavior

« Reply #577 on: November 03, 2014, 11:36:42 pm »
So after just a couple levels of Bayo 2, I immediately noticed how much more responsive the game is on the tablet compared to the original. I'm able to dodge like crazy and actually string combos in a more responsible manner. It's likely a lot of my issues in the port of first game were due to sluggish input detection. Bummer.  :-\

In the sequel, I can walk up to a person sitting on a bench and smash the shit out said bench, then watch that person freak out. 10/10

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #578 on: November 05, 2014, 07:44:45 am »
I'd say the second game improved a lot on the first game.

Hated those QTE deaths on the first game. -_-

I like both of the still.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #579 on: November 05, 2014, 08:05:09 am »
I'm starting to think the second might actually be better....

Just finished the Insidious boss fight, and then fought you-know-who a second time. Holy. Shit. That enemy so far has the best boss fights in either of the two games IMO.

Might just be first playthrough euphoria but wow this game is really impressing me.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #580 on: November 05, 2014, 05:47:27 pm »
still havent opened my first print edition. I mean i just keep finding excuses to keep it closed. My excuse now is that my backlog is too huge and I have to finish a couple of games first before i start with it. Will probably be by next week hopefully

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #581 on: November 08, 2014, 01:13:09 am »
Can't wait until I have the money to pick this one up.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #582 on: November 08, 2014, 07:43:24 pm »
This game is phenomenal, I might actually like it better than the first. The boss fights are definitely more entertaining IMO. I love the weapons too! So creative, just like the first game, and so effective. There's just so much depth to it all!

I'm not sure where I'm up to in the game, but I think I'm nearing the end, it's so good, I'm sure I'll be doing multiple playthroughs!

Offline segaismysavior

« Reply #583 on: November 17, 2014, 10:45:34 am »
So the game didn't rank on the October NPD, which would've taken a miracle, but I wish Nintendo would mention how it did in eShop sales. It was on the top list there for a while during the first week, but it wouldn't take a million seller to achieve that since the bar is lower. Physical copies were difficult to find, it took my second attempt to find one at a Best Buy that only had 2 copies left when I got there.

I hope Nintendo gets something out it, at least breaking even, cause it's easily the best gift to WiiU owners outside of the obvious Nintendo hits releasing this holiday.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #584 on: November 17, 2014, 10:55:16 am »
I finished the game on the weekend, it's really fantastic. Not sure if it's better than 1 in my eyes, but it's a worthy follow up.

I'm loving the Witch Trials bonus too, and it seems like there's just tons of content in the game, just like the first. Not sure if I want to try and unlock everything which order... hmmm