Author Topic: SEGA Mobile Games - Something To Do With Your Hands That Won't Make You Go Blind  (Read 273220 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
The SEGAbits Swingin’ Report Show LIVE: Sonic 2022 in Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7En0WVPba4c

As the year winds to a close, join us as we chat about all the Sonic the Hedgehog happenings in 2022!
From the second movie to Sonic Origins, and Sonic Frontiers to Sonic Prime.
What were the highlights and the lowlights, and what could SEGA learn going into 2023?
We’ll discuss all this in a round table discussion featuring SEGAbits writer Dakota and Sonic Retro writer David the Lurker!

Article : https://segabits.com/blog/2022/12/22/the-segabits-swingin-report-show-live-sonic-2022-in-review/

Offline Berto

Not a parody, more like a loose adaption with name changes and Roblox OCs. Here are the games:
Pyrite Adventure - based on Sonic '06
Pyrite Adventure 2 - based on Sonic Adventure

Oh, I'd jump to PA2 then, still not a fan of 06.

To me, October set the bar on what could be expected for holiday seasonal events in Sonic Speed Simulator. While Sonic Prime Premier was an understandable exception, I still figured they would make up for it afterwards with some big festive-themed event. Those expectations died some more when we got RB Battle instead. You said that "RB Battle" is a Roblox-wide event, but I know not all Roblox games cater for it and I wonder if it was worthwhile for Speed Sim to put a major event towards it over Christmas.

But the fact the Christmas event we've all been waiting for is just "collect 150000 gingerbread cookies" and a Candy Cane shop, I just feel so disappointed about this. The reason why I feel especially disappointed is because they didn't use Snow Valley. They could of excused no temporary new winter wonderland world or no snow-covered Green Hill for lack of time and development, which can be somewhat true if the Premier and RB Battle were not a choice for Gamefam to turn down. But they could of saved face by making Snow Valley the world for any Christmas-related events given it's the games winter-theme stage. "IT'S RIGHT THERE!" What's more Christmassy than a White Christmas and... "IT'S F'ing RIGHT THERE!"
Is it really that ridiculous that no one on Gamefam ever proposed Snow Valley for Christmas Event? Not even for "Gotta' Snow Fast"? Or if they did, why was it turned down? It just confounds me immensely. How can they be so sheer lazy for Christmas, but not for Halloween? Are Gamefam prejudice against Christmas over Halloween? I just don't know.

Maybe the issue is that October set the bar on "what could be expected" and not just expected. That maybe Gamefam should of prepared more in advance. I can't remember if I sent them that email saying that's what they should do, to prepare in advance for December. Because it feels like they didn't and just use the cookie-cutter event template they had for another mid-tier event for Halloween to get that Robux in.I'm happy for you.

Or may be the proposal was rejected? I remember leaks showing an all-white road and snow/ice-themed bridges, rails, and gates.

About "RB Battle", actually yes it's supposed to be a Roblox-wide event (at least for youtubers and streamers), but not every games could participate, especially not those who have copyright infringement or use unlicensed graphics/music.

If your country is one of those far-off, tucked away from the rest of the world sort of countries it's nice your favourate franchises get to visit you adnd that your kids had a fun time with it.
(Also, song source?)

It's from NerdOut!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgNCCDe6xS0

Offline Berto

HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! - "Embarking on a Winter Railway Gacha"

Enjoy the great outdoors with Akito! ⛺
You can get this Akito's new costume when you receive his "A Winter Evening Chat" card~ 💬
Available from the "Embarking on a Winter Railway Gacha"! 🚅

Source : https://twitter.com/ColorfulStageEN/status/1604990237809205248

Offline Berto

HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! - "Same Dreams, Same Colors"

Vivid BAD SQUAD is back with a new event~ 🎤🎶
Get your Pure attribute cards ready, because the "Same Dreams, Same Colors" Event has started! 🏕
2nd pic artwork by https://twitter.com/Umber_Art

Need some cards to help with the event? 🤔
You're in luck, because this gacha is jam-packed with Pure attribute cards~ 🌱
Available until: Dec. 29, 20:59 (PST) / Dec. 30, 04:59 (UTC) 📅

Source : https://twitter.com/ColorfulStageEN/status/1604975495350833152

Offline Berto

ROME & MEDIEVAL II — name a more iconic duo!

For a limited time, you can grab both in the Total War: Legions & Longbows bundle on iOS for just $21.99 / £19.49 / €25,99!
Already own one?
There are still savings to be had when you complete the bundle!

Link : https://apps.apple.com/app-bundle/id1296222821

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Oh, I'd jump to PA2 then, still not a fan of 06.
That's fine. I started with PA2 myself.
Or may be the proposal was rejected? I remember leaks showing an all-white road and snow/ice-themed bridges, rails, and gates.
If that's true then Gamefam made some poor choices this month. I mean, I feel so dumbfounded from these choices.

Like, I get it. They wanted to promote Sonic Prime and they probably had to pull some strings to premier the first episode. And maybe this RB Battle was an important oppotunity, thus given these events happened on December it inconvenience any chance for a fully fleshed Christmas Event.

But would it had really drawn too much attention from the "primary events" in Green Hill (Sonic Prime Premier, RB Battle Tower) if they used Snow Valley for "secondary events" (Gotta Snow Fast)?

It's less like an opportunity and more like common sense and they just passed it. I just find it so stupid of a miss!
About "RB Battle", actually yes it's supposed to be a Roblox-wide event (at least for youtubers and streamers), but not every games could participate, especially not those who have copyright infringement or use unlicensed graphics/music.

I see. I get if this is too much of an opportunity for Gamefam or Sega to pass up.
But again, would it had really been too much trouble to have two ongoing events at the same time? Like I said, while Gotta Snow Fast is pathetic for a Christmas update, it would of been a bit more excusable if it took place in Snow Valley instead of Green Hill.
It's from NerdOut!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgNCCDe6xS0
What a fun ditty!

Offline Berto

If that's true then Gamefam made some poor choices this month. I mean, I feel so dumbfounded from these choices.

Like, I get it. They wanted to promote Sonic Prime and they probably had to pull some strings to premier the first episode. And maybe this RB Battle was an important oppotunity, thus given these events happened on December it inconvenience any chance for a fully fleshed Christmas Event.

But would it had really drawn too much attention from the "primary events" in Green Hill (Sonic Prime Premier, RB Battle Tower) if they used Snow Valley for "secondary events" (Gotta Snow Fast)?

It's less like an opportunity and more like common sense and they just passed it. I just find it so stupid of a miss!

Sometimes when your works got declined you feel dissapointed and doesn't want to put much work into it again.
You'll put your energy into something else instead.

Also I heard Rouge's Christmas costume was getting rejected.
One of something like these (Nibroc's render), I forgot which one.

And we're getting this Rogue's Prime costume instead later :

I see. I get if this is too much of an opportunity for Gamefam or Sega to pass up.
But again, would it had really been too much trouble to have two ongoing events at the same time? Like I said, while Gotta Snow Fast is pathetic for a Christmas update, it would of been a bit more excusable if it took place in Snow Valley instead of Green Hill.

Yeah, it won't save (their) Christmas, but it'll be far more memorable.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Sometimes when your works got declined you feel dissapointed and doesn't want to put much work into it again.
You'll put your energy into something else instead.

Also I heard Rouge's Christmas costume was getting rejected.
One of something like these (Nibroc's render), I forgot which one.

And we're getting this Rogue's Prime costume instead later :

Yeah, it won't save (their) Christmas, but it'll be far more memorable.

I would say this is the worst SSS Christmas ever but given it's their first all they did was set the bar so low that Dark Gaia is probably sitting on it.

Offline Berto

I would say this is the worst SSS Christmas ever but given it's their first all they did was set the bar so low that Dark Gaia is probably sitting on it.

Well.. Without comparison and since this is the only one... we could also say this is the best SSS Christmas ever...

Offline Mystic Monkey

Well.. Without comparison and since this is the only one... we could also say this is the best SSS Christmas ever...
The only comparison I have is how they did Halloween.

October had:
  • The Boo Bash Event, where Green Hill was decorated with pumpkins and the sky and lighting was changed to twilight. It was very beautiful and atmospheric. And of course ghosts everywhere which made it a grind/fetch job but Reaper Metal Sonic was unlocked.
  • Pumpkin Panic Event a week after where a brand new world Pumpkin Hill was introduced, albeit for a limited time. A skin for Knuckles was unlockable. We found out we had to rescue Witch Rouge
  • Rouge's Cauldron Quest Event where witch Rouge was unlockable. We need to make a potion to save Sonic from his Eerehog persona.
  • Unleash the Beast Event where we collect Sun and Moon medals to unlock Werehog skin.
  • All the while Amys BOOtique continued throughout October where doing Event objectives, Daily objectives and other means to earn candy to spend on some additional trails, chao and characters.
To me, Halloween set the bar on what Sonic Speed Simulator could do, a series of events throughout October to embrace the Halloween spirit while telling a story.

So why couldn't we have had a portion of that for Christmas? They could of had festive events ongoing in Snow Valley while Green Hill could of had Premier, RB Towers and so on.

Offline Berto

HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! - New Year's Countdown Login Campaign

Get ready for the new year with a login campaign! ✨
Play each day for a Bonus Energy Drink (L)

Source : https://twitter.com/ColorfulStageEN/status/1607829457833795589

Offline Berto

The only comparison I have is how they did Halloween.

October had:
  • The Boo Bash Event, where Green Hill was decorated with pumpkins and the sky and lighting was changed to twilight. It was very beautiful and atmospheric. And of course ghosts everywhere which made it a grind/fetch job but Reaper Metal Sonic was unlocked.
  • Pumpkin Panic Event a week after where a brand new world Pumpkin Hill was introduced, albeit for a limited time. A skin for Knuckles was unlockable. We found out we had to rescue Witch Rouge
  • Rouge's Cauldron Quest Event where witch Rouge was unlockable. We need to make a potion to save Sonic from his Eerehog persona.
  • Unleash the Beast Event where we collect Sun and Moon medals to unlock Werehog skin.
  • All the while Amys BOOtique continued throughout October where doing Event objectives, Daily objectives and other means to earn candy to spend on some additional trails, chao and characters.
To me, Halloween set the bar on what Sonic Speed Simulator could do, a series of events throughout October to embrace the Halloween spirit while telling a story.

So why couldn't we have had a portion of that for Christmas? They could of had festive events ongoing in Snow Valley while Green Hill could of had Premier, RB Towers and so on.

You go uphill one moment and then you go downhill.
I remember the one who left Gamefam's last project was Halloween event.
And sometimes companies quickly go downhill after the departure of their talented people.
I know it's just a theory but could it be related?

Offline Mystic Monkey

You go uphill one moment and then you go downhill.
I remember the one who left Gamefam's last project was Halloween event.
And sometimes companies quickly go downhill after the departure of their talented people.
I know it's just a theory but could it be related?
Did he left under good circumstances?

Offline Berto

Did he left under good circumstances?

He left due being tired of too much overworking so I guess not.

Offline Berto

HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! - Minori Hanasato

This week we will be focusing on Minori from MORE MORE JUMP! 🍀
She loves coming up with catchphrases~
What is your favorite catchphrase?

🎨: hanagata

Source : https://twitter.com/ColorfulStageEN/status/1607436424340447232