Author Topic: A new Allstars game.  (Read 8462 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
A new Allstars game.
« on: December 30, 2010, 12:08:37 am »
It's almost 2011 and I think if memory serves me right, SUMO digital mentioned that there was a Allstar games in de making(please correct me if i'm wrong)

Anyway, we have had a eye toy game, a tennis game and a racing game. What's the next game you'd want them to make with all the SEGA characters in them? What characters would you want to see come back?

Personally I want them to pull everything out. Everything!! The character roster should exist of a lot more than SASASR. I think it was around 18?? I'd go for 30/35 this time.

The type of game I want next (and I think a lot agree but i'd love to hear other ideas as well) is a fighting game, power stone style. I have dreamt about this idea ever since I played power stone 2 for the first time. Power stone 2 is my most played DC game after PSO. It would be so great if something was being made along this line.

Share your thoughts and ideas.

Edit: Also, there was a staff from SUMO that used to visit the sonic stadium forums. Has he ever visited this website?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:38:53 am by CrazyTails »

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: A new Allstars game.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 12:30:34 am »
I enjoy Sega's allstar games.

A Power Stone-like game would be awesome indeed.
But, what would be its title?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 01:02:24 am »
SEGA All-Stars Smash Up? SEGA All-Stars Brawling? SEGA All-Stars Fighting Megamix ;3

Offline Alex Supersonic

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 01:41:04 am »
Sumo have only announced they are working on some projects for SEGA. It's not known yet if one of them is a Allstar game.

As for the Sumo staff in the forums (SOL his nick), yes he visited also this forum and will be back for sure here when his new game is officially announced.
[size=85]-----
former known as Ali[/size]

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 03:04:45 am »
I'd honestly like to see a sequel to Superstars Racing myself. Reuse character models and some assets from the old game, and then include a load of new characters, more diversity in franchise representation, and tweaked mechanics to make things more balanced between the different racers...stuff like that.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 05:23:25 am »
Stay away from fighting games, it's only going to end badly.

There is no way in hell they would be able to make a serious fighter, I understand that, but I doubt they could make even a party game fighter with much success. This isn't a jab at SUMO's skills, but if they were limited to a small-ish roster and track selection for a party racing game, I would hate to see how they struggle for a fighting game which would require far more animation and planning per character.

Not to mention (and this is no secret), but I found their character and track selections for Racing to be laughably bad.

Offline Alex Supersonic

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 06:22:36 am »
The character selection was good, with some nice highlights (Ryo).

I didn't like the music selection instead, too much Monkey Ball, Billy Hatcher and other boring stuff. But overall the game was very good and I'm definitly looking forward for the next Sumo project.

I think they are working on some arcade classics from SEGA, maybe Scud Race or so. Or maybe they are responsible for the Dreamcast collection.
[size=85]-----
former known as Ali[/size]

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 09:03:31 am »
I'm with Mademan. For the longest time I was all for a Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Fighters, but after thinking a bit I realized that Sumo might not be up to the task of making a competent fighter with a large roster and varied number of arenas. Designing a fighting game just isn't in their area of specialties, however they totally excel in designing Tennis and Racing games. Unless they co-develop a fighting game with AM2, which would rule, I say they develop Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing 2.

Here's what they should do:
• carry over the complete character roster from the first game
• add about 10-15 more characters, focus more on classic SEGA racers (Hornet, Hang-On bike, OutRun car) and add the often requested characters from the first game: NiGHTS, Ristar, Vyse, Panzer Dragoon, PSO, Shinobi, etc.
• offer up a DLC racer/track pack (with 4 racers and at least 3 more tracks), maybe have THIS be the AM2 racers. People would buy the hell out of this DLC.
• all new tracks! maybe revisit IPs from the first game, but only have one track per returning IP (with the exception of Sonic, however the new Sonic tracks should be areas from the Genesis era like the Death Egg DLC of the first game)
• new tracks should be from a broader range of IPs. Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, Phantasy Star, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio (first game), Alex Kidd, Fantasy Zone, OutRun, Hang-On, Daytona (or SEGA Racing Classic)

Hell, even if they just add 8 new racers plus a few more via DLC, and spend more time on developing a broader range of tracks, I'd be all for it!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 10:02:01 am »
Frankly I would like them to continue the SEGA ALL-STARS RACING series, I think they are onto a winner... More tracks, more characters, more modes, better online functions and better 4 player split screen party modes.

On the subject of a fighter... I'd like one but unlike mademan I don't have any interest in some deep, tactical 2 on 2 fighter... I think that would be dead in the water considering the main target is kids and kids want fun, not strategy.

I don't think it would be that difficult to pull off something along the lines of powerstone... I REALLY don't think they need AM2 to pull it off either.

But sticking with racing for the time being is probably the best bet.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 12:12:58 pm »
If they do make a new All-Stars game, I would like them to get the musicians from the original games, to come back and do remix tracks of their classics and maybe a couple of new tracks.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 12:37:25 pm »
They are making some stuff with SEGA, maybe some crossovers, but not really in the same way as the last two games.

As others have been saying, I would not mind a racing sequel at all. Racing had some pretty major flaws, people constantly get upset about the character list, but I thought the tracks were way worse. Why the Hell does Samba De Amigo get it's own tracks? One would have more than enough, but we got three. Also there are NINE Sonic Heroes levels, the Sonic game everyone hates and with no unlockable Genesis music, the games most people actually like.

But I do think Racing was good fun, I played it a lot until I got all of the content, then I kind of just stopped caring, but otherwise I enjoyed my purchase of it entirely.

I am also with MadeMang on fighting, I really just do not want them to even attempt it. I do not think they cannot do it, but I think the work it takes to make a really good fighting game is infinitely harder to do than it is to do a racing game or something, with their background it might be even harder.

I want them to mix up the IP selections as well. They focus on Dreamcast far, far, far too much.

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 01:02:02 pm »
Why would they make a sequel to something that didn't even sell well?

It would make more sense to just keep making more DLC for All-Stars Racing. But even that is highly unlikely considering, like I just mentioned, the game didn't sell enough copies.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 01:14:07 pm »
dude... Sega Racing sold well enough for a sequal.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 02:22:01 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
On the subject of a fighter... I'd like one but unlike mademan I don't have any interest in some deep, tactical 2 on 2 fighter... I think that would be dead in the water considering the main target is kids and kids want fun, not strategy.

I don't think it would be that difficult to pull off something along the lines of powerstone... I REALLY don't think they need AM2 to pull it off either.

You might have missed it, but I accepted that they wouldn't be making a deep/balanced fighter in the first place and never really would expect them to make one.

Having said that, even making a Power Stone clone would be very difficult for them I think. Think about it, if the roster for Sega Racing was limited (A racing game requires less animation and variety in characters than a fighting game) could you imagine how limited the roster would be for a fighter? Not only that, but I don't see Sumo pulling it off and making it fun.

In any event, I like the ideas for a Sonic and Sega Racing 2. If they added in some actual Sega Racing IPs (Track from Daytona and Sega Rally, Cars from Sega racers, Heart Attack mode etc) and gave one track per IP rather than giving a game nobody on the planet liked or cared about like Billy Hatcher three tracks.... I might actually buy it and possibly enjoy it!

In any event, here's an idea I would like to see fleshed out; A Sega All Stars platformer/adventure game. Where you have a selection of Sega characters with unique abilities and you can play as any one of them to go through a series of levels based on old Sega games. One minute you could be fighting through a remake of level 2 of Streets of Rage (complete with the original music) then flying through Soft Museum from NiGHTS. Each level could play differently depending on the character you've chosen. Probably too ambitious and not high-concept enough, but I would love to see something like this rather than another Multiplayer geared game. Think about how awesome it would be to see Kazuma Kiryu curb-stomping robots from Green Hill Zone!

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 02:56:41 pm »
Alex Kidd in Sega Allstar World.  It would be a RPG.