Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723220 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1515 on: July 21, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »
@Max_Cady:
Nice to hear you're getting so much playtime out of FFXIII. I never really messed with Vanille too much myself. I pretty much stuck with Lightning-Fang-Hope as my team throughout the game. Fang's a pretty solid Sentinel and balances the other two out nicely. The Sentinel-Medic-Medic class was a lifesaver in a lot of boss fights.

I've been playing Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit lately. The price finally dropped, so I picked it up. It's pretty addicting. After pretty much every race, I'm unlocking something new.

Yep, it certainly paid off. I finally managed to beat a few A class bosses and leveled up a lot.

Orphan's Cradle is a tough place, but these mid-stages bosses have been push-overs thus far.

I was doing Lighting - Fang - Hope and it's working. I would need an insane ammount of CP for Vanille to be a good Synergist, but I just have the final boss to worry about now.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #1516 on: July 21, 2011, 06:09:43 pm »
You're on the home stretch max_cady! You can do it! ;)

Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1517 on: July 22, 2011, 03:57:08 pm »
Good job sir :D.
The final boss is pretty tough, but you seem pretty prepared.
Personally, I found the chapter 9 boss to be the toughest in the entire game.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1518 on: July 22, 2011, 06:13:20 pm »

Well, it's over now... I knew it would take about an hour to finish the last boss fight.

All 3 forms of this boss, the second one was the real gutwrencher. His Judment attack almost killed me once on one occasion or another.

But I managed to pull through...

The final form, at first I freaked out because I was cursed with Death but he went down easy after 3 Staggers:

RAV/RAV/RAV

COM/SAB/SYN

MED/COM/MED

RAV/COM/SAB

Very good...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1519 on: July 22, 2011, 07:39:18 pm »
Valkyria Chronicles: Really really really good. I'm loving it.

Ms Splosion Man: Really really really good. I'm loving it.

Also, just finished Thor on DS: Really good. I liked it.

So if a game 'won't sell' , its good to ignore it?

They didn't even show the game at their conference, they basically ignored it as much as possible. That is why EA is in debt. That and buying Popcap for over a billion dollars.

I respectfully disagree, but I think you misinterpreted what I said, or maybe I just didn't phrase it properly. In any event, it's a top game, you might like it.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #1520 on: July 22, 2011, 07:53:06 pm »
Got Shadows of the damned through Gamefly. I thought the game was just popular through word of mouth. I had no clue Shinji Miami and Suda 51 were behind it!

EA, how can you have two huge names like that and not market it?!

You act like either make multimillion selling games on a consistent basis? One has like 3 bombs in a row and the other one is yet to make a game that has sold over a million, they are hardly huge names!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1521 on: July 25, 2011, 07:26:51 am »
it's too hot out for me to get into the mood to play games this past week. I mostly have been watching movies and tv shows. But on one cool night I played more Child of Eden. Stage four kicks all kinds of ass! Gears and cogs all over the place. It's like Rez inside a giant clock! (clock, not cock)

Been meaning to play more Red Dead Redemption too.

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1522 on: July 26, 2011, 01:41:39 am »
Got Dirt 3 on PC for free from AMD, that was nice, playing Just Cause 2 and that. Some Half Life 2 is in there too. I finished Bully, it's solid, one of the better open world games.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #1523 on: July 26, 2011, 04:41:22 pm »
Playing Demon's Souls again. I'm playing as an archer this time around.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1524 on: July 27, 2011, 06:34:28 pm »
Finished Captain America: Super Soldier an hour ago.

Now I can finally take a breather from games in general.

Final Fantasy 13 left me a bit exhausted and burnt out. Caps was a good palate cleanser.

Short, simple to the point, it was a lot of fun, save for one or two occasional moments, not much of a spoiler, but much later in the game you are required to a specific point and frankly the sewers didn't help much and I was lost for a good 30 minutes.

Chris Evans was clearly bored out of his mind while he was reading his lines, his monotone delivery made the ending feel a little cheesy, especially when he finally starts making his trademark USO show remarks.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1525 on: July 28, 2011, 07:56:51 am »
Got back into The Simpsons Game. Gameplay isn't groundbreaking by any means, but it's fully playable and not glitch ridden like a lot of tv show based games. The real treat are the fully animated cutscenes. The graphics are sharp as well, love the cell shading.

Just got to the point where you battle Matt Groening, Bender and Zoidberg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imzMhtlHZs8#t=2m44s

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:00:38 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Trippled

« Reply #1526 on: July 29, 2011, 08:30:39 am »
For some reason I coudn't stand the Simpsons game as far as gameplay goes, the camera and controls were so frustrating and it was repetive. Only played the Wii version tough.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1527 on: July 29, 2011, 08:45:21 am »
For some reason I coudn't stand the Simpsons game as far as gameplay goes, the camera and controls were so frustrating and it was repetive. Only played the Wii version tough.

I rented the PS2 version, which is the same as the Wii version, and I agree. It was not fun. Though the PS3/360 versions were made by a different developer and are much better. Not perfect, there are still problems with the game, but I found the 360 version to be way better than the PS2 version. Best moments would have to be when you really get to take in the scope of Springfield. Marge's stage where she rounds up dozens of secondary characters was really awesome. Playing as the Homer ball is a lot of fun as well. I also liked running around a cel-shaded Springfield. I'll admit, though, that sometimes it was easier to mindlessly punch enemies than to take advantage of powerups. I actually did better at the WWII stage by punching tanks than actually using Homer's powers. Also, the character switching got boring at times. Thankfully most of the time the AI did a good job of having the other character catch up to me.

If you are a big Simpsons fan and can snag the HD version for $15 or less I'd say give it a try.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #1528 on: August 01, 2011, 06:45:04 pm »
I started playing Mega Man Battle Network for the first time the other day and I have been having a blast thus far.
I'm also playing Alone in the Dark: Inferno again. It's one of my favorite survival horror games from this console generation. :)
Unlimited Continues:

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1529 on: August 05, 2011, 04:30:09 pm »
A little bit of Spiral Knights... Got to a big boss fight. Totally worth it.