Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723186 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1605 on: November 01, 2011, 12:49:59 pm »
Yeah, it was tough. But I beat him on the second try, though.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1606 on: November 01, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »
Yeah, it was tough. But I beat him on the second try, though.
Oh wow. Good job  ;D.
If you have it on PS3 would you be up for helping me out with that part on co-op?

Edit:
I just Beat Catherine last night. Bring on Uncharted 3 XD.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:13:04 pm by SOUP »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1607 on: November 02, 2011, 04:50:58 pm »
Oh wow. Good job  ;D.
If you have it on PS3 would you be up for helping me out with that part on co-op?

Edit:
I just Beat Catherine last night. Bring on Uncharted 3 XD.
I wouldn't mind giving a hand, but unfortunately I'm on the 360. :)

Speaking of which, I think I finally have got Resident Evil fatigue, so to speak, I've been playin' RE 5 so much, I did the Veteran difficulty mode in two sittings and I tried to do Resident Evil 4 HD, but right now, I'm just way too exhausted to finish it right now.

But I've been playing that Sonic Generations demo like crazy.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1608 on: November 03, 2011, 08:02:56 am »
Bummer :(.
Thanks for the thought though.

I picked up Uncharted 3 last night, and ploughed through the first 7 chapters.
I don't want to ruin any of the wow moments for anyone, so I'll just say that I'm enjoying it quite a bit ;).

One thing that I will say, is that this is one of the only games where I'll actually stop playing just to admire the scenery.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1609 on: November 03, 2011, 09:04:24 am »
Playing Generations every chance I can. At the final boss, have yet to enter it, but I did manage to collect all the emeralds so everything is set. I just need to find time to play to the end uninterrupted.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1610 on: November 03, 2011, 10:32:25 am »
@Barry:
Congrats sir. You're making crazy progress :).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1611 on: November 03, 2011, 10:54:41 am »
I like how Emeralds are managed in Generations. In Adventure 1&2 you saw Sonic collecting them, but really didn't get a sense of having them in an inventory. You just had to mentally keep track of who had what and how many, and in the end it didn't matter since he was just given them all.

Heroes special stages were a great idea, but sucked, and once you got all the emeralds you unlocked the final stage BUT couldn't use them as you would in the classic games. So collect the emeralds = complete the game, but no Super Sonic in regular stages. Lame.

'06 followed the Adventure method where it happened within the narrative. Not too exciting, and defeated the original purpose of the emeralds.

Unleashed did a pretty cool job. You had all the emeralds from the get go, but had to place them in the temples to reawaken them. Completing a stage = unlocking a temple = getting an emerald. I liked this approach.

Colors was on the right track, but I hated how red rings = more multiplayer stages = emeralds. Red rings should have unlocked artwork (like in Generations) and multiplayer stages should have unlocked when you completed stages in the main game. Red rings were just an unnecessary extra step towards Super Sonic.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1612 on: November 03, 2011, 02:50:45 pm »
Played a bit of Urban Terror last night.

I messed with the specs, setting the textures to high quality and it did wonders.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1613 on: November 04, 2011, 10:16:43 am »
I played a bit more Uncharted 3 last night. I'm up to Chapter 11 now. I think the game has around 22 chapters, but the later ones are probably longer than some of the earlier ones. 
Tonight's probably going to be another Uncharted 3 night  ;D.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1614 on: November 05, 2011, 08:01:52 pm »
I got back to Resident Evil 4 HD, after a few days of getting over my exhaustion of the Resident Evil franchise. And I finished it, I stockpilled a lot of gems and red+yellow+green combos that are worth a fortune and bought the Infinite Rocket Launcher. It makes the already easy final boss battle, more of a practice mode.

I'll go to that other special game: Seperate Ways.

But basically, I am exhausted because in the Resident Evil games when you get that super-duper weapon that basically destroys everything with one hit, you get bored pretty quickly and just want to finish the game as quickly as possible.

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #1615 on: November 05, 2011, 08:22:39 pm »
I started to play Space Channel 5. This games screams SEGA in every part. This is the kind of game that only SEGA can do. The cool quotes, the charisma of the characters, the characters designs...loved. The last time i played my Dreamcast was in 2003, today when i got the box and looked the SEGA logo, i got so happy and sad at the same time. Without SEGA consoles, things are never the same.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1616 on: November 06, 2011, 09:54:11 am »
I started playing Assigment Ada on the Seperate Ways mini-game.

Basically, it's all the behind the scenes stuff with Ada to give us a little more of what has happened behind some of the events. The uspcale they did was fantastic, the only flaw however, was that the FMV sequences were all from the Gamecube and quite frankly looked like crap. Lazy port, Capcom.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1617 on: November 08, 2011, 10:07:05 am »
@SEGA_Portuguese: Hopefully they'll make another entry in the series :).

I beat Uncharted 3 over the weekend. There were too many "wow" moments in that game to count. It's the definition of entertainment.
I'm halfway through my second playthrough on crushing with 9 treasures left to find. I just might have a platinum trophy in this one before Zelda comes out.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1618 on: November 08, 2011, 06:04:32 pm »
Finished Sonic Generations. No seriously, it took me two days.

That Time Eater boss is really cheap and random.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1619 on: November 08, 2011, 07:12:30 pm »
Finished Sonic Generations. No seriously, it took me two days.

That Time Eater boss is really cheap and random.

Took me four hours one day, 1.5 the next. But I'm still plowing through the missions and have yet to hit the hard mode of the bosses. Have about half the missions completed.