Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723183 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1620 on: November 08, 2011, 08:08:39 pm »
Uncharted 3 and Sonic Generations.

Fuck Uncharted 3.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1621 on: November 09, 2011, 08:19:36 am »
Uncharted 3 and Sonic Generations.

Fuck Uncharted 3.

Are you having troubles with it?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #1622 on: November 09, 2011, 09:25:53 pm »
I just dislike the aiming like 80% of NeoGAF.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1623 on: November 10, 2011, 08:54:09 am »
They recently patched it. I haven't been having any issues, so give it a shot.

I'm up to chapter 20 on Crushing with 2 treasures left to go.  I just might platinum Uncharted 3 before Zelda comes out :).

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1624 on: November 12, 2011, 09:21:53 am »
And done. It took a little over a week, but I've got the Platinum trophy in Uncharted 3.  The co-op missions are a lot more compelling than I was expecting. They really ramp up the difficulty, so you actually need to work together pretty closely.
I'm pretty terrible at the competitive multiplayer, but it was fun too.

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #1625 on: November 15, 2011, 05:15:51 pm »
So, i started to play Yakuza 1. I i have a lot of say about this game, but basically is like Soup said: the gameplay is a bit rough around the edges and the story is top notch. I am having a lot of fun with this game. About the  dub in english, i think the voice actors are pretty good, but is kinda of annoying heard the word "fuck" in every  phrase.  And is funny to see how much the face of Kiryu changed since the first game.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:19:29 pm by SEGA_Portuguese »

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1626 on: November 16, 2011, 09:17:31 am »
@SEGA_Portuguese:
I guess the switch back to lastgen Kazuya can be a bit jarring. I had a pretty similar experience when I checked out the cutscenes from the first games before I played Yakuza 4.  It's one of those things where stepping up seems really natural, but going back is really off. It's like Sonic Adventure to Sonic Genrations. The whole time he looks like Sonic, it's just that he looks more like Sonic over time. When you go back to Adventure, he looks way different.

Back to Yakuza 1 though, I guess they might have been shooting for that GTA crowd with the hollywood cast dropping f-bombs Pacino style.

The one plus side to the much longer loading times would have to be the music. I think the first game has my favourite pre-fight music :D.

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #1627 on: November 16, 2011, 10:13:22 pm »
I like this music too, but my favorites musics are "Material Delights" and "Rebellions" from Yakuza 4  :) .

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1628 on: November 17, 2011, 08:48:17 am »
Played Sonic Generations again. Did a couple of extra side-missions. Some of them are a cakewalk while others are kind of cheap.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1629 on: November 19, 2011, 10:15:53 am »
I finished up the 5th chapter in Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.
Two more chapters to go, and it's on to Unwound Future.  I'm pretty positive that the arrival of Zelda tomorrow is going to derail any plans I have to play games on a portable though.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1630 on: November 19, 2011, 06:39:30 pm »
Finished another couple of missions in Sonic Generations. Also finished almost all of Ada's Seperate Ways missions. Krauser is tought to beat since I barely have any good weapons to fight him off.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1631 on: November 22, 2011, 10:27:25 am »
I've been spending most of my weekend playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I'm over 7 hours in, and not even at the second dungeon yet. It looks like Miyamoto wasn't exaggerating with the 50-100 hours comment.

So far it's been surprisingly difficult. The swordfighting bits are pretty precise, and the enemies don't really leave a lot of room for error. I'm digging the entire Skies of Arcadia vibe :D.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1632 on: November 23, 2011, 04:40:03 am »
I finished all the missions in Sonic Generations.

The Doppeldanger race ones are pretty tricky honestly. On some of the earlier stages they are pretty easy to beat. But later ones, especially Planet Wisp. Especially the 4th section with that annoying puzzle section where you have to push 3 gears.

But I did it. It was difficult but doable.

Now all I have to do is track the Red Star Rings.

Also, I beat Seperate Ways on Resident Evil 4 HD. And got 100 MSP just for it.

The 5th chapter is pretty tought. You have to fight 2 bosses. Both Krauser and Saddler. Especially Saddler.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1633 on: November 23, 2011, 08:20:08 pm »
Super Mario Galaxy, got it used with a 20% off coupon. It's a really fun game (five years too late in saying that, I know)! Though I can totally see why I am a Sonic fan and not a Mario fan. For one thing, Mario has far too many reused elements. The series whores out nostalgia, to the point where classic elements redone in 3D aren't as special as when Sonic does it. Also, the speed the characters move at feels slow to me, and I don't like the life system of the classics. Galaxy with the 3/6 hit system is far more forgiving.

I'll stop complaining, it's a great game. Though I cannot see myself replaying levels like I do with Sonic games. They're sometimes too long and once I reach the goal I'm satisfied, not really needing to return to the stage. I'm with that with most Mario games. One playthrough is enough for me.

Also playing Mario & Sonic 2012 for review purposes. Won't type too much, but it's enjoyable. However, the series is showing it's age thanks to the Wii's SD graphics. London Party mode is really fun.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:22:27 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1634 on: November 24, 2011, 04:33:10 am »
Been playing ass-loads of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Frank West, Ghost Rider and Skrull ALL DAY ERRY DAY.

I've also been playing some Saint's Row 3, but it's not as much fun as I was expecting it to be. I might drop it and start Dark Souls or even Sonic Generations this weekend. Also NFS The Run is out and I loved Hot Pursuit. Not sure if The Run will be as good with it's crappy looking QTEs.