Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723229 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1635 on: November 24, 2011, 09:43:45 am »
@Barry: Time to check out Galaxy 2. You might even enjoy it more than the first. They do a really good job of introducing new gameplay elements pretty regularly. Plus, it's got Yoshi.

@MadeManG: Have you tried out Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 yet? I was also a huge fan of NFS: Hot Pursuit, mostly because of Criterion.  I didn't really like the demo for The Run at all though. Everything about it just seems off.

I put another 2 hours into The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword last night. I only just made it to the beginning of the second temple. Looks like I won't be playing anything else until 2012 :)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1636 on: November 24, 2011, 06:11:44 pm »
Picked up Resonance of Fate one more time... to finish all the Arena Challenges.

And I did. Pretty friggin' sweet. Now all I have to do is finish that Godforsaken Neverland area and I'll make a fourth and final playthrough of the entire RoF game.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1637 on: November 25, 2011, 03:03:40 am »
MadeManG: Have you tried out Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 yet? I was also a huge fan of NFS: Hot Pursuit, mostly because of Criterion.  I didn't really like the demo for The Run at all though. Everything about it just seems off.

Haven't really tried out Phoenix Wright yet, but I should give him a shot. He seems like a really difficult character to get your head around, with multiple stances and the need to collect evidence etc. His playstyle doesn't really gel with me, but holy cow I've seen some good PW players online. They have him down to a tee, and when he gets into 'Turnabout' stance he's genuinely scary.

And yeah, unfortunately it seems like The Run won't be all that hot, but I'll give it a crack somewhere down the line.

I need to point out I played Rayman Origins yesterday, this game is wonderful. I think you guys would really enjoy it, the gameplay is really fun but the music and graphics are just gorgeous.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1638 on: November 25, 2011, 08:35:49 am »
Phoenix sounds pretty interesting.

I tried the demo for Rayman, and thought it seemed pretty great. I'll probably pick it up in the New Year when the price drops a bit.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #1639 on: November 25, 2011, 03:24:07 pm »
Phoenix Wright isn't too hard to use, but he'll need a fair amount of help to be effective. Although, I'm really terrible playing UMvC3 online. I've barely won any matches.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1640 on: November 27, 2011, 07:06:38 pm »
Aaargh... Resonance of Fate, why can't I quit you!?

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1641 on: November 28, 2011, 09:47:14 pm »
22 hours into Skyward Sword. Anything involving crystals in the desert is pure win.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1642 on: November 30, 2011, 11:24:39 am »
Alright, it took 3 hours but I finished that Neverland dungeon. It was awesome.

All my characters are lvl 200+ and I got a lot of new extra items. It was totally worth it.

I felt like I finished everything there was in the game.

When the time is right, I'll get to playing through the entire 16 chapters again. I'll just to the story missions, so it shouldn't take long.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1643 on: December 06, 2011, 09:09:28 am »
I hit the 38 hour mark in Skyward Sword last night. I think I'm getting close to the final boss fight. There've been some really awesome subtle callbacks to the older games in the series. The layout of a certain dungeon later in the game is guaranteed to bring a smile to older fans of the series.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1644 on: December 07, 2011, 06:13:14 am »
Curse you, Red Dead Redemption!

Damn, I started playin' that game and haven't put it down since. At least two hours every day. A whole lot more on weekends.

It has a good story (thought I feel like it lacks focus sometimes, especially down South) and there's literally so much you can do. There's a couple of great side quests. There's hunting, horse breaking, poker(to which I still have no idea how to play), random strangers that I rescue from time to time, hidden treasures, buying up properties,etc,etc.

But, there's one thing that annoys the heck out of me. It doesn't matter how well you, it doesn't matter if you're a friggin' saint, if you happen to shoot the wrong person at any given time, you have a bounty on your head. If you try to break up a fight, by lassoing a guy, presto, instant bounty for kidnapping.

There are robbers who pass by shooting up the place, drunk guys attempting to stab hookers at the local saloon and the marshalls won't do jack. If I so much as point a gun in the wrong direction at a random bystander and I'm in trouble with the law.

You have to go to very specific places to either give a pardon letter or pay up for the crimes.

But other than that, it's an awesome game and I already downloaded the Undead Nightmare expansion to get some more playtime out it.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1645 on: December 07, 2011, 10:27:45 am »
I beat the final boss in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword last night :D. I don't want to spoil anything, but it's pretty tough. I got my ass handed to me quite a few times before I came upon a really odd trick that allowed me to win almost right away. I was planning on moving on to Arkham City next, but I might just keep on doing sidequests in Zelda.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #1646 on: December 07, 2011, 10:34:02 am »
What a coincidence hehe. I came here to say that I finished skyward sword as well. What a game, probably my goty.

I went prepared to the final boss haha. I had explored and found alot allready in the game, but I went in search for the last few pieces of hearts and items before heading to the final baws.

Question though soup. (spoiler) [spoiler]Did that old trick involve the shield?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:45:23 am by CrazyTails »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1647 on: December 07, 2011, 05:21:13 pm »
Played a huge chunk of the remaining Red Dead Redemption story missions. I thought it was over at this point but apparentely there's a lot more to go.

Then I picked up and started playin' Broken Sword: Director's Cut on the PC. For some reason, now I want to uninstall it and burn the darn DVD.

Not for some reason, I just don't like what Revolution Software did to this director's cut.

I don't mind some of the early changes, with 20% extra content at the early start, but when the George Stobbart section began, I got pretty mad at it. They kept most the original cutscenes and added in the new artwork which sticks out like a sore thumb, but not only that. They changed a lot of the original dialogue, they kept part of it, but the different in audio quality between the original and the new dialogue is shockingly different. Stobbart's original speech has been altered to something that's so mundane it hurts.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1648 on: December 08, 2011, 11:14:45 am »
@CrazyTails: [spoiler]I still haven't gotten around to getting the best sheild. In fact, I came across the trick after my sheild was broken. I had no idea what to do without it, so I just started bringing out random items. When I pulled out my bug net, and started waving it around, Demise just kept staring at it. I waved it around to get him confused, then quickly switched to my sword and hit him that way.  I ended up beating him quite easily this way.[/spoiler]

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #1649 on: December 09, 2011, 02:47:32 am »
@CrazyTails: [spoiler]I still haven't gotten around to getting the best sheild. In fact, I came across the trick after my sheild was broken. I had no idea what to do without it, so I just started bringing out random items. When I pulled out my bug net, and started waving it around, Demise just kept staring at it. I waved it around to get him confused, then quickly switched to my sword and hit him that way.  I ended up beating him quite easily this way.[/spoiler]
Lol wow, you're a genius XD. [spoiler]I parried him with my shield. You can get the hylian shield if you kill 8 bosses on rush mode at the thunder dragon. When you manage to parry him 3 times with your shield he gets stunned. Tbh the boss is really short and easy when you get the hang of it. I went in search for different tactics when i finished the game, and it seems when you charge your weapon and he shoots electricity at you, it gets charged with electricity as well  :o. Pretty neat.[/spoiler]

Glad i'm done with this game though. On to the next one