Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723194 times)

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1665 on: January 02, 2012, 01:16:32 am »
Been playing Marvel vs Capcom 3, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Virtua Tennis 4, and the Gravity Daze demo on mah Vita.

Shinobi and Mighty Switch Force on my 3DS.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1666 on: January 02, 2012, 05:17:11 am »
I was at a New Year's Eve Party and I brought my Xbox 360 along with 3 pads and a few of my multiplayer games at a friend's house.

We played a lot of Soul Calibur IV, Halo 3 and even tried out a game that I haven't played in ages: The Club.

The Club was actually a pretty good game to play with friends, because a lot of the multiplayer matches took place in smaller areas so it was easy to start shooting, whereas in Halo 3, some of the maps were so big that we spent more time actually searching for each other rather than shooting up the place.

In the next morning, I was hanging out at my friends house and he got to try out Red Dead Redemption before I drove back home.

Then I moved on to Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

I cannot stress enough how much I dislike this character. It's not exactly her monotone dialogue and her manner, what grates me is that she adds "'kay" on almost every sentence, such as "This feels pretty good, 'kay!"

Who wrote her dialogue and thought it was cute to remove the O from Okay? I understand shortening it when there's a vowel before, but give me a break.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1667 on: January 02, 2012, 11:05:15 am »
I'm playing F1 Challenge.

It's hardly the best Saturn racing game, but it's pretty fun.
Gameplay is great arcade fun, with some depth. Graphics have aged badly, and it's one of those games that looks better on an old TV.

Where they really fucked up though is the longevity.
No career, no qualifying, no multiplayer, no more than 5 cars (though all of them are licensed and run against you, you can't select them), no more than 6 tracks (3 of which are made up).

It's an arcade F1 racing game. Feels like Super Monaco GP at some points (and that is always a good thing), but aside from being THE BEST at 3 tracks it won't grab your attention for more than a couple hours at best.

Sweet gameplay, not a lot to do, and as aged very badly.

Yet, fun and addictive. I'm playing it again and again just to improve on my laps.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1668 on: January 02, 2012, 04:39:37 pm »
Been playing Marvel vs Capcom 3, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Virtua Tennis 4, and the Gravity Daze demo on mah Vita.

Shinobi and Mighty Switch Force on my 3DS.

How's UMVC3 on Vita?

Also, to those with Child of Eden, are you playing with Kinect or Controller? I want to play it soon, but not sure how it's best played.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1669 on: January 02, 2012, 04:53:04 pm »
Kinect is the way to go with Child of Eden. It seems to be made for it. The controller option is too slow and stiff by comparison. I found the game harder with the controller, and not in a good sort of hard way.

Oh, and I'm playing Rayman Origins, picked it up for the far more fair price of $30. Seems to be Gamestop's new price for it (George was right, lol). Really awesome game! Far easier than I thought it would be, when compared to the first Rayman. The graphics and animation are LUSH.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1670 on: January 02, 2012, 06:09:25 pm »
In that case, I'll have to dust off the old Kinect Sensor (I don't think it's been plugged in for close to a year, lol Kinect).

Also, Rayman Oranges is awesome fun. I finished it not long ago, and I think it's deserving of full price to be honest, there's a surprisingly large amount of content in it. It seems really easy at first, and while overall it IS pretty easy to beat, the game does get significantly harder later on, so don't worry too much about breezing through it. The music and graphics are fantastic, love the 2D animation and detail.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1671 on: January 02, 2012, 06:56:00 pm »
Still enjoying the heck out of Star Ocean: The Last Hope...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1672 on: January 02, 2012, 07:43:32 pm »
In that case, I'll have to dust off the old Kinect Sensor (I don't think it's been plugged in for close to a year, lol Kinect).

Also, Rayman Oranges is awesome fun. I finished it not long ago, and I think it's deserving of full price to be honest, there's a surprisingly large amount of content in it. It seems really easy at first, and while overall it IS pretty easy to beat, the game does get significantly harder later on, so don't worry too much about breezing through it. The music and graphics are fantastic, love the 2D animation and detail.

Don't forget the white gloves!

Also, yeah, I didn't mean to get down on Origins price tag. In fact, I wish more big name 2D games hit retail at full price alongside the FPS and epic adventure games. Looking forward to slowly getting through it, I like how you don't have to start from the beginning of the stage when you die. Reminds me of Trials HD in that regard with the many checkpoints and endless(?) lives.

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1673 on: January 03, 2012, 02:41:41 am »
How's UMVC3 on Vita?

Also, to those with Child of Eden, are you playing with Kinect or Controller? I want to play it soon, but not sure how it's best played.

Near console perfect port. Background elements have been simplified considerably and it's all still now which looks weird at times, but that doesn't really matter in the heat of battle.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1674 on: January 03, 2012, 03:54:27 pm »

I've just picked it up on PS3. I'm loving the game, but I'm having a tough time beating the fourth stage with the standard controller. I haven't tried it with the move yet.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1675 on: January 03, 2012, 04:38:16 pm »
You can play Child of Eden with a standard PS controller? Didn't know that..

SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1676 on: January 03, 2012, 05:52:43 pm »

Another healthy dose of Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

I managed to finish up yet another dungeon, it's not as long as the ones I've been in on disc 1, but it's pretty confusing.

[spoiler]
You see, one of the characters Sarah, a winged alien, has been kidnapped by a brainwashing cult that wants to commit human sacrifice in order to awaken a demon.
I have to get around a place called The Purgatorium, seems simple enough, except that this one suffers the same problem as many of the previous dungeons, it has rooms that look exactly the same, some of them with literally nothing on them, while others have a few random treasure chests and some are full of enemies. But even worse, there are now actual puzzles, the first few are a snap, but there's one that's so confusing that ir hurts.

Basically you have to turn globets of fire whenever a statue points a sword at it. Easy, right? Try a room with four statues, each with tons of goblets that you have to turn in a specific order, if you light them at random, you get an enemy attack.

But afterwards, you twarth the evil cult's plans and even worse they seem to be interconnected with previous incidents.

One of the most shocking scenes in the game, involves Faize, one of the main characters, who had befriended a tribe of nomads, including a young woman who offered him a robe. Before Edge and the team head out to stop the evil cult's plans, he discovers that the tribe were snatched by the cult.

They get to the altar to stop Sarah's execution, but after defeating the boss, Faize goes towards the other altar which is smeared in blood and looks over the pit, confirming his suspicions. What follows is tha instead of sobbing, he starts cackling like a maniac, apparentely possessed by someone or something and then  snaps out it.

This can't be good...
[/spoiler]

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1677 on: January 04, 2012, 08:23:49 am »
You can play Child of Eden with a standard PS controller? Didn't know that..
It plays just like Rez with a standard controller, except you've got a rapid fire button in addition to the usual lock-on shot.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1678 on: January 07, 2012, 02:37:15 am »
Started Playing Uncharted 3. Thoughts: OH GOD WHY IS THIS SERIES SO FUCKING GOD-LIKE!? I've only just started it but it's outstanding so far. As much as I prefer my Xbox 360 over PS3, this game trounces any exclusive on Microsoft's console.

Also been playing UMVC3 and Dragon Quest VI on my DS (AKA Random Battles VI: Fight Every Two Steps).

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #1679 on: January 07, 2012, 05:39:25 am »
Dragon Quest VI on my DS (AKA Random Battles VI: Fight Every Two Steps).

AKA Skies of Arcadia 2 minus the ships?