Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723189 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1680 on: January 07, 2012, 09:14:36 am »
I had a Chu Chu Rocket Party. My sister vs. her boyfriend vs. my girlfriend vs. me.
Hilarious stuff. I haven't laughed that hard, or that long in a long time.

Why this game hasn't been ported to PSN or XBLA blows my mind. It probably wouldn't be nearly as fun online as it is with local multiplayer though.

Started Playing Uncharted 3. Thoughts: OH GOD WHY IS THIS SERIES SO FUCKING GOD-LIKE!? I've only just started it but it's outstanding so far. As much as I prefer my Xbox 360 over PS3, this game trounces any exclusive on Microsoft's console.
Great to hear you're enjoying it so much man :). How far along are you?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:26:13 pm by SOUP »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1681 on: January 07, 2012, 04:10:13 pm »
AKA Skies of Arcadia 2 minus the ships?
I think it's possibly worse. But don't they play-test for this stuff? Or do they enjoy running into a group of 5 garbage enemies every 2 seconds and having to mash 'A' button until they all die and you get 2 XP and 6 gold coins?

Anyway, it's not enough to ruin the game, but it is annoying.

Great to hear you're enjoying it so much man :). How far along are you?

I'm only up to the old castle in France so far, but everything has been good even in the early stages. When I started playing I got blown away by the graphics expecially, they've really done some amazing work with the face detail. Voice acting and cutscenes are all the usual amazing quality as well, and the set pieces in the gameplay are amazing. The chase across the columbian rooftops was fantastic.

The only complaint I would have is that the shooting is a bit so-so.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1682 on: January 07, 2012, 04:37:58 pm »
Completing achievements in Generations, still loving the game.

Slowly progressing through Rayman Origins and Mario Galaxy.

Discovered XBLA indie game Avatar Legends, costs only $3. You guys have gotta try it, lots of customization and pretty easy to understand after watching a tutorial video. I want some friends to share games with.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4SlIQs-o6I

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1683 on: January 07, 2012, 05:28:30 pm »
I was surprised at how many people had Sonic Generations as their favourite Sega game this year, I played the first few levels and didn't like it much. Couldn't put my finger on it exacltly but it didn't really win me over. The 'Giant Evil Monster' garbage didn't help though.

I might have to give it another shot, but at the time I went with Rayman over Sonic.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #1684 on: January 07, 2012, 08:30:24 pm »
I was surprised at how many people had Sonic Generations as their favourite Sega game this year, I played the first few levels and didn't like it much. Couldn't put my finger on it exacltly but it didn't really win me over. The 'Giant Evil Monster' garbage didn't help though.

I might have to give it another shot, but at the time I went with Rayman over Sonic.

Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone feel like real tutorial levels, its Sky Sanctuary onwards that the game picks up I feel. Classic Sonic really goes on a great run from there on and modern Sonic's level start to rely on 3D sections more and more as you get towards the end.

As for the Time Eater, the final boss fight is terrible, but I am sure the concept will grow on you, shame the execution of its boss fight is pure dog's poo.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1685 on: January 07, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »
Star Ocean: The Last Hope is going to be the death of me.

There are so many sidequests, so many challeges and that mutiplier keeps me going.
Also love those comical Private Action sequences. Edge getting constantely slapped in the face seems to be a reccuring theme.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1686 on: January 08, 2012, 09:10:34 am »
Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone feel like real tutorial levels, its Sky Sanctuary onwards that the game picks up I feel. Classic Sonic really goes on a great run from there on and modern Sonic's level start to rely on 3D sections more and more as you get towards the end.

As for the Time Eater, the final boss fight is terrible, but I am sure the concept will grow on you, shame the execution of its boss fight is pure dog's poo.

Yeah, both Sonics start to feel awesome at Sky Sanctuary onwards. Like Aki said, Modern starts to have far more freedom to explore and classic gets better and better. Classic Rooftop Run might be one of my top five 2D Sonic acts.

I was not a fan of Time Eater initially, but when you find out that it's not technically a monster, it's a pretty awesome concept.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1687 on: January 08, 2012, 03:28:57 pm »
Hmm, I'll definitely give Sonic Gens another chance soon. It does seem like a game I really should like, at least more than Sonic Colours which didn't really capture me. I still don't agree with some stuff like the level selection but whats there seems very good at least!

Also been playing more Uncharted 3, this game just goes from strength to strength. I think I'm still relatively early on (I'm currently at the 'Pirate' bit) but they just pull out so many amazing sequences at each location, they all feel like they could be that big exciting last level of a game. The burning castle in Franch in particular was just... wow. I don't often play PS3, but whenever Uncharted or Yakuza comes around I'm so, so glad I have one.

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #1688 on: January 09, 2012, 04:01:34 pm »
-Yakuza 2
-Sonic Generations
-King of Fighters XIII
-Space Channel 5
-Golden Axe 3
-Phantasy Star Portable

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1689 on: January 09, 2012, 06:51:54 pm »
Damn, spent another four hours playin' Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

I am happy to say that this is the first SquareEnix title that I've actually enjoyed playing thus far.

I'm going to go as far as to say that this is exactly what Final Fantasy XIII should've been. An actual story, but with freedom to actually move around and play more, discover a ton of quests and have to freedom to level up as much as possible thanks to the multiplier, while still providing a good challenge.

The only major flaw is that the dungeon design is something of an annoyance. Like I stated before, most of the areas just look too much alike, with narrow corridors that all look alike and for some reason I can't see too far when I boot up the map.

The characters are also way more interesting than all of the ones I've seen in Final Fantasy XIII. While they fall into a lot of your average japanese anime stereotypes (Hulking silent type, cutesy teenager, flirty elf chick with distractingly huge cans, underdressed catgirl) at least they don't sound like philosophy majors, like that other game.

You know, Tales of Vesperia is the best JRPG on the 360, but... I think that's about to change.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #1690 on: January 09, 2012, 06:54:50 pm »
You know, Tales of Vesperia is the best JRPG on the 360, but... I think that's about to change.

You would rank both of them above Lost Odyssey Max? Or have you yet to play that?

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1691 on: January 10, 2012, 05:58:20 am »
I bought and played Lost Odyssey for almost 6 months.

Lost Odyssey, is an excellent JRPG, but it loses towards Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean: The Last Hope, because LO has the difficulty crancked up to 11 and the learning curve is a bitch. Lost Odyssey is hard, but after you take the beating, you come out and start kicking butt twice as hard. I'm not a fan of beating end stages bosses with only very specific actions.

But I would put that one over Final Fantasy XIII in a heartbeat.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #1692 on: January 10, 2012, 09:41:40 pm »
I just finished DEUS ex: Human revolution. This was such a crazy experience that the ending has left me a bit astonished. The story touches on so many realistic subjects that have to do with how technoligy can ruin ones life and ruin humanity. It does this in such a fine way that it even becomes a little bit political. People try to push themselves, but is that always the right thing? Others try to abuse said technoligy and they even bring the....
Spoilers ahead
[spoiler]Illuminati in the whole thing. Saying that the illuminati will have control over all humanity with the new technoligy etc. The creator of the augmentations ends up being upset about what he has created, and decides to spread a virus that infects every humans augmentation to make them kill each other and remove all trace of what he has created. [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:49:50 am by CrazyTails »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1693 on: January 11, 2012, 04:06:33 am »
Finally reached the last dungeon in Star Ocean: The Last Hope after a 35 minute cutscene that included a huge space battle and a very heartbreaking moment. But alas, the day is long and I'm quite tired right now.

So, I'll just try to complete a few more sidequests and be done with it. 'Cause I want to start playin' L.A. Noire.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1694 on: January 11, 2012, 06:46:54 am »
I think I'm done with Arkham City. I got all the Riddler trophies in the main game, and was going to shoot for the platinum trophy until I saw what the campaign challenges were. You have to get perfect scores on 3 challenge maps in a row for a total of 108 medals. Flat out B. S.
So it's back on the shelf, and I tried (unsuccessfully) to make more progress in Child of Eden. I tried it out with the move, but found it impossible to calibrate properly. Ugh :(.