Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723176 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1710 on: January 28, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »
Starhawk Beta. I got it through Plus. Really good and fun, but then I got sorta burnt on it cuz I sucked.

I have a extra 'voucher' for the beta that came with UC3, those are redeemable on Jan 31st, if anyone wants it.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1711 on: January 29, 2012, 05:50:35 am »
I keep either playing Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare little by little and then moving on to games such as Star Ocean: The Last Hope(I can't let go of it yet. I have to beat that Colloseum and the super hard Cave of 7 Stars dungeon, which is insanely huge).

I started playin' Beyond Good and Evil, but only barely.

Still haven't touched LA Noire yet.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1712 on: February 01, 2012, 08:45:33 am »
I've been making more progress in Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. It looks like Dead Space is going to have to wait. FFXIII-2 should be arrivng at my apartment tomorrow.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1713 on: February 01, 2012, 11:13:08 am »
FF XIII-2 looks fun. Hit us up when you play it Soup! I'm interested in the whole train monsters thing. Looks like a cool pokemon-kinda thing
SEG4GES

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1714 on: February 01, 2012, 12:48:07 pm »
Absolutely :D.
I've got a pretty busy weekend coming up, but I'm hoping to get a chance to put some time into it. The monster capturing aspect seems like it could be pretty interesting for sure.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1715 on: February 01, 2012, 03:55:53 pm »

OK, Star Ocean: The Last Hope you win. I'm putting you on the shelf for a while so I can focus on other games. Here I was all prepped up to fight the secret boss from The Cave of Seven Stars. I just can't do it right now.

I've levelled up like crazy which is good, but right now, I must've hit some sort of brick wall, because this boss is just insanely difficult. The whole dungeon in and of itself is a chore to get through and the enemies are tough if you are not careful.

The same goes with the final opponent from the Collosieum, who is also insanely hard, like Dark Souls...

With that in mind, I'm going to take a little breather and maybe revisit other titles. Because when I start to get really stressed out, I begin to develop a sty and it takes forever to heal so...

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:41:54 pm by max_cady »

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1716 on: February 02, 2012, 09:11:15 am »
Final Fantasy XIII-2 showed up earlier than expected and I managed to put about an hour into it last night.  I really have no idea what's going on story-wise, but I imagine that everything will be explained eventually. There's a nice recap feature on the main menu to go over the story of FFXIII in order to get you up to speed. It's a similar setup to the recaps in the Yakuza games where it's split up into chunks that you can check out at your liesure. The only difference is that instead of replaying cutscenes, it's got a little video that plays, while a narrator recaps each chapter of the first game.
They drop you into the action pretty quickly. So far the battle system seems about the same. I'm switching paradigms like a pro. I don't think I'm able to make my own paradigms, or switch around their order yet.
The enemies seem to pop up somewhat randomly, but you have this guage that shows up around you. It gives you a visual representation of how far, and which direction you need to run to avoid the fight, and how much time you have initiate a pre-emptive strike.
Again, I'm only one hour into a 30 hour game, so I can't do a whole lot yet.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1717 on: February 03, 2012, 06:17:02 am »
Okay, I decided to try out another game.

I have Splatterhouse on the 360, which I started playin' yesterday. Wow, I've been completely out of the loop with these brawlers. On Easy Mode it's pretty hard... What is with Namco Bandai and these games with high difficulty levels? There's Dark Souls which is punishingly hard and now Splatterhouse!

I also decided to check out some of the classic 2006 games, yikes.

I booted up Enchanted Arms for the Xbox 360... Ouch, it has not aged well. It's a good looking PS2 game and I'll leave it at that.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1718 on: February 03, 2012, 07:26:11 am »
The Simpsons Arcade!

Ok, I only played the trial, as I had to rush off to work, but it's so damn cool to finally have a console version of this!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #1719 on: February 03, 2012, 07:00:04 pm »
Started DC Universe Online and played the first episode of 'Back to the Future' which was 'OK'. Most of the issues on that game is how boring it is to walk to one place to another. Seriously, no run button? Feels really low budget as well.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #1720 on: February 04, 2012, 05:05:40 am »
Started DC Universe Online and played the first episode of 'Back to the Future' which was 'OK'. Most of the issues on that game is how boring it is to walk to one place to another. Seriously, no run button? Feels really low budget as well.

What have you been doing in DC Universe Online?

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1721 on: February 04, 2012, 07:46:07 am »
Click the right analog stick.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1722 on: February 04, 2012, 08:12:29 am »
Click the right analog stick.
That sounds really awkward.
SEG4GES

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1723 on: February 04, 2012, 03:46:27 pm »
That sounds really awkward.
It's not too bad.  You don't have to hold it in or anything. You just click the stick, and it just kicks in whatever transportation power you selected. If you're a speedster, you'll run really fast (fast enough to run up walls ad such). If you picked flight, it starts you flying. I'm not to sure what happens if you picked acrobat, but I'd imagine it will start you jumping and flipping around or something.

The game does have some odd controls in general though. It's the first MMO I've ever checked out (outside of creating a character for the FFXIV beta), and I don't really get it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:49:11 pm by SOUP »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1724 on: February 04, 2012, 04:30:23 pm »
Lets see..
Just finished Bloodrayne, I bought this on a GOG sale for like $3, it was surprisingly fun for the most part. A lot of it has dated pretty poorly (the game's combat in a post-Bayonetta world was terrible) but overall it was pretty cool. Made me want to play Bloodrayne Betrayal by WayForward, but it's been banned in Australia or something...

Started playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckong - it's like they took the Fable games said "what can we improve on this?", improved on everything and then released it. I don't mean that in a bad way either, it's really good and I think I'm really going to enjoy this RPG. The combat is good fun and there seems to be heaps of options in the level up skill tree, and the world is just really... nice. For want of a better word.