Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723201 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1740 on: March 03, 2012, 08:15:45 am »
I've got 3 fragements left in Final Fantasy XIII-2.
One's a slot machine task, that's pretty much all luck based, and the other two are tied into completing the bestiary. So.... mosty just time consuming stuff.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1741 on: March 03, 2012, 12:13:54 pm »
Today's the day I'm going to get the 360 controller to work with NullDC! OH YEAH!

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #1742 on: March 03, 2012, 12:41:06 pm »
My XBOX 360 is on its way for repairs.  That's the third time I've had to send one in, but this time it's not covered under warrantee.  I hope they send me one with an HDMI port.

I've been playing Godzilla Unleashed for PS2 and the Binary Domain demo for PS3. 

Binary Domain has me concerned that it's too hard.  When you take cover, robots come up behind you and shoot you in the back.  I told the sniper to shoot, and she said "Maybe Later".  Thanks a lot lady, what are you too busy reading the newspaper?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1743 on: March 03, 2012, 09:24:10 pm »
Wish I could say Binary Domain, but I probably wont pick it up til the end of the month. HOWEVER I finally got my hands on a game that Ive really wanted: Williams Pinball Hall of Fame for the xbox 360. Its sort of a personal reason why I wanted to own it. My uncle, who was a pinball repair man and a huge gaming influence on me, died about 10 years ago, and this game includes near perfect reproductions of pinball tables he once owned. Namely Black Knight and Gorgar. Gorgar was, I think, the first pinball table to feature recorded dialogue while you played. Anyway, fantastic collection. Totally a game I can kick back late at night and play.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1744 on: March 10, 2012, 08:15:13 am »
Over the past couple of days, I got the Platinum trophy for Final Fantasy XIII-2, and finished up the Sazh story DLC. I've finally put the game back up on the shelf....well, until the Lightning DLC comes out in May :D.

I've made a bit of a resolution to not buy any new games or movies until June, in order to save a bit of money.  On the upside, I should be able to finally make a dent in the huge backlog of games I've built up over the past few years.
I was planning to finish up Dead Space, and play through Sonic Genrations finally, but instead, I'm taking advantage of this Final Fantasy kick I've been on, and I've started up Final Fantasy XII. I've had Final Fantasy XII for quite some time, but always put it off because of the time investment. With no new purchases on the horizon for a while, it seems like a good a time as any to dive into it.
I also started up Journey, but I don't think that will take very long to beat.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #1745 on: March 10, 2012, 04:54:35 pm »
Soup, fuck that FF bullshit. You best be ready to play Binary Domain.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1746 on: March 10, 2012, 05:47:46 pm »
I sure am  ;D. Super excited.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1747 on: March 10, 2012, 06:38:10 pm »
Well, I've been playing Skies of Arcadia through NullDC 1.6. I connected my laptop to my LCD TV and connected a cheap USB joypad in and voilá. I read on some emulation boards how to get 1080p working on the NullDC, thus producing such high quality images such as this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zETTVFylgM0[/youtube]

I've gotten to Ixa'taxa. Now I'm going over to the Ixa'taxa dungeon where Alfredo is currently running the dungeon. Perhaps one of the most difficult dungeons in the whole game.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:56:19 am by max_cady »

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1748 on: March 11, 2012, 09:36:04 am »
I beat Journey last night.
I don't know if I like it quite as much as Flower, but it definitley has some amazing moments. The way they've implemented online functionality is pretty interesting too.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1749 on: March 12, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »
Street Fighter X Tekken. I cant decide if I hate it or just kinda like it.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1750 on: March 13, 2012, 05:41:18 am »
Goten through De Loco's dungeon in Ixa'taxa and now I'm off to find the lost city.

And I played another healthy dose of Spiral Knights. You know this game's the closest thing I've had to that old PSO magic. Totally worth it.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1751 on: March 13, 2012, 07:56:19 am »
Street Fighter X Tekken. I cant decide if I hate it or just kinda like it.
Ouch. Is it odd to have the Tekken characters playing with Street Fighter mechanics?

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #1752 on: March 13, 2012, 02:55:05 pm »
Replaying Renegade Ops and trying out the two new characters. They are quite fun to use!  :)
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #1753 on: March 14, 2012, 10:19:02 pm »
Unfortunately, I'm not playing anything new. I really wanna' get my hands on the new Twisted Metal. Instead, I'm playing The Crow: City of Angels, Deep Fear and X-Men Vs. Street Fighter.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1754 on: March 14, 2012, 11:46:01 pm »
Finished Mass Effect 3, wow, that ending... It's so bad...

Anyway, games I'm playing currently:
I occasionally play Age of Empires III, Phantasy Star Universe, Phantasy Star Online, FIFA 12, DiRT 3, Battlefield 3, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 (all on the PC).
Some of these I rarely play, I might stay weeks or even months without playing (especially L4D2 and PSO, which I only play with my brother, and he doesn't have much free time).

The game I'm most likely going to be playing more now is Metro 2033, got the game for 2.50€ months ago but I haven't played it yet, so going to start playing it now.

I'm also waiting for Rayman Origins to be released for PC (it's going to be released on March 29).