Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723190 times)

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2025 on: April 03, 2013, 10:07:35 am »
Currently working through Fire Emblem: Awakening on 3DS.
About 4 hours into...dear god, I can't believe this...Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory..  -_-;
Got a backlog of older games to play yet, such as D2 on Dreamcast, and Fate Stay/Night on PSP.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2026 on: April 09, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »
Well, I've been playin' a couple of games lately...

I finished Two DLC chapters for Sleeping Dogs. There's that island which is a parody of Enter The Dragon. And the Year of the Snake which sees Wei Shen getting demoted and busted down to regular traffic cop when a group of insane terrorists want to blow stuff up on New Year's Eve.

My impressions, loved the Island DLC side story, hated the "Year of the Snake" DLC mission. Why? Lackluster story, side missions aren't all that interesting or fun, you can't really access your stuff from the regular playthrough.

I started playin' The Amazing Spiderman, I haven't gotten far, played the first two stages, because I've been hooked on Lollipop Chainsaw, more impressions tomorrow.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #2027 on: April 10, 2013, 01:58:13 am »
Goofing off with Sonic CD on my phone.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2028 on: April 10, 2013, 08:05:57 am »
Played some Sonic Jam last night, because I wanted to experience Sonic 1 with spin dash. Can't wait for the remastered rerelease this month!

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #2029 on: April 10, 2013, 01:28:22 pm »
dead or alive 3ds

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #2030 on: April 10, 2013, 03:16:58 pm »
Star Trek: The Next Generation for Genesis and Star Trek: Starship Bridge Simulator for 32X. 2 hours of footage a piece for a combined 4 hours of mild amusement and extreme frustration.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2031 on: April 11, 2013, 10:41:57 pm »
Have been playing Donkey Kong country returns after a long time not having touched my wii

All i gotta say is wow. Best 2d platformer ever. Its clever leveldesign makes other platformers look like trash

Some lvls exist of lots of trial and error though

game is also huge.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2032 on: April 12, 2013, 06:06:42 pm »
I figured Lollipop Chainsaw out. It's the barebones Score Attack that we haven't seen from a classic video game since, well, the SEGA Saturn/Genesis era... It has a "Story", but really the whole game is all about getting the highest possible score. And it's somewhat lenient about it.

If there's one thing that I felt a little unimpressed, it was the Boss Fights, even on Hard mode, it's as though the game's scripted mechanics hinder the bosses themselves. They are cool and have creative designs, but they don't involve a whole lot of strategy to beat'em all.

Oh, and I avoid using the ingame store as much as possible because that f***ing Lollipop song plays every single damn time!

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2033 on: April 15, 2013, 08:12:48 am »
I figured Lollipop Chainsaw out. It's the barebones Score Attack that we haven't seen from a classic video game since, well, the SEGA Saturn/Genesis era... It has a "Story", but really the whole game is all about getting the highest possible score. And it's somewhat lenient about it.

If there's one thing that I felt a little unimpressed, it was the Boss Fights, even on Hard mode, it's as though the game's scripted mechanics hinder the bosses themselves. They are cool and have creative designs, but they don't involve a whole lot of strategy to beat'em all.

Oh, and I avoid using the ingame store as much as possible because that f***ing Lollipop song plays every single damn time!

The last section of the Final Boss results in Instant Death if you don't do the QTEs in time, and I hate that shit...
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2034 on: April 19, 2013, 06:51:39 pm »
The Amazing Spider-Man - At first, the game looked like it was going to be dull. But it's growing on me. It's the Batman: Arkham Asylum template but with Spider Man walking around New York doing Story Missions (which are entirely seperate stages), small side missions like stopping car roberries and muggings. There are the photo missions which are a sort'of Where's Waldo in which you stop items on the close proximity of said spot.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #2035 on: April 20, 2013, 01:39:26 am »
I just got the SEGA CD version of Amazing Spiderman.  I played it a little to make sure it works. 

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #2036 on: April 20, 2013, 03:04:49 pm »
Just got Astal. Pretty good so far.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #2037 on: April 20, 2013, 06:46:10 pm »
Just got Astal. Pretty good so far.

You can beat it with cheat codes.  Great game.  :)

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #2038 on: April 20, 2013, 10:32:24 pm »
It's most certainly pretty, and the soundtrack/audio quality is top notch. I don't wanna' cheat until I have no other choice. I felt bad having to cheat through House of the Dead.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2039 on: April 20, 2013, 10:54:34 pm »
I've mostly been playing Injustice: Gods Among Us. The lack of an online pass surprises me especially after previous major fighting games like Dead or Alive 5, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale and NetherRealm/WB Games' own Mortal Kombat had one. So far the online's been pretty good for me, sometimes it takes a bit of time to find a player, but most of the matches I've played have run pretty well. The training mode allowing you to tag moves and showing the moves/inputs on the screen is really helpful for experimenting with combos.