Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723173 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2190 on: November 30, 2013, 12:19:41 pm »
Have been playing mario 3d world. Cool game so far. Played it 3 players with my bros and havent laughed so loud playing a game in a long time. Can't say id enjoy the first 2 easy worlds if i played alone tho. Starting to get more challenging now

I saw DSP and John Rambo play through it. Game certainly looks fun once you reach the harder areas... World 3 destroyed them xD, but they've never been all that good at games to begin with.

check it out if you want a good laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbusmEi0V8

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2191 on: December 01, 2013, 05:27:46 am »
Hahaha wow they're terrible. Always entertaining to watch DSP play games.

I just played a little bit more and... man.. fuck I don't know what to say. This game just keeps making me smile and make my day. I almost feel like I don't wanna rush this game too fast coz it'd be such a waste. Surprised to see you interested in a mario game Will 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:56:28 am by CrazyTails »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2192 on: December 01, 2013, 08:43:54 am »
Been playin' a ton of games lately...

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Got it for dirt cheap and I still felt cheated. There's so many things wrong with it besides destroying the Aliens mythos: Weapons don't seem to any impact, I've shot Weyland-Yutani mercs at point blank and they didn't seem to flinch. That happens with Xenos ocassionally. Dumb AI, one of my buddies likes to shoot at the walls for no reason. There's barely a story here. Some of th textures are PS2 at best. Yuck, yuck, yuck...

Papers, Please

An admirable indie game that takes an otherwise dull premise and turns it into something refreshingly addictive. You gotta pay attention to a lot of details,but you also have to make just enough money to make it through the day and keep your family healthy. But unfortunately as I've quickly discovered... it's not a game that has lasting appeal... As soon as the initial thrills fizzle out, it just becomes a chore.

Final Fantasy XIII-2
Replayed a few of the areas again. Gettin' kinda bored with it as well.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2193 on: December 01, 2013, 10:33:17 am »
Hahaha wow they're terrible. Always entertaining to watch DSP play games.

I just played a little bit more and... man.. fuck I don't know what to say. This game just keeps making me smile and make my day. I almost feel like I don't wanna rush this game too fast coz it'd be such a waste. Surprised to see you interested in a mario game Will 

I like all kinds of platformers, and I think 3D World looks fun. I think it looks much better then Mario Galaxy, I found Galaxy to be pretty boring at times. I know I'm in the minority with that opinion, but that's what I think.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2194 on: December 01, 2013, 03:10:55 pm »
Nothing wrong with that. I think i've seen more say somethig like that. Put me with those who think mario galaxy is one of the best games ever, without the laugh mario 3d world induces  though :o multiplayed would be boring in galaxy style for sure

Anyway, thanks for sharing that. I think im gonna keep watching it alongside my playthrough. Any idea when he's gonna update?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:15:05 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2195 on: December 01, 2013, 04:28:35 pm »
I recently got a Vita (An awesome piece of hardware) and been trying out Tearaway. Brilliant title that, Media Molecule really have made the Vita's first true killer app, shame the game will not get mass commercial appeal but it's exactly the type of software Sony should have been pushing for earlier in the Vita's life.

I never thought I would enjoy a touch based game but Tearaway is a first, loving all the gimmicks in some levels and the ball physics too (Take note Sonic Team, you can learn a lot from Sony's platformer developers) might just end up being my game of the year if it continues with the same sort of charm I've experienced, you can really feel the developers had a lot of enthusiasm for this title, recommended to any platformer fans/Vita owners.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2196 on: December 01, 2013, 04:48:02 pm »
Funny how 2 of the best platformers came out on the same day. Tearaway is the first game that makes me wish I had a vita. When things start to calm down(probably after new year) I might actually. Heard great things about the hardware/tech itself

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2197 on: December 01, 2013, 08:00:31 pm »
Nothing wrong with that. I think i've seen more say somethig like that. Put me with those who think mario galaxy is one of the best games ever, without the laugh mario 3d world induces  though :o multiplayed would be boring in galaxy style for sure

Anyway, thanks for sharing that. I think im gonna keep watching it alongside my playthrough. Any idea when he's gonna update?

He usually says these things in his week in preview, I'm guessing he will continue it next time John Rambo is at his place

http://www.twitch.tv/darksydephil

hes actually livestreaming his week in preview now. I'm watching it right now. If he says anything about it i'll let you know.

edit: he said he will be uploading more pre-played footage on tuesday. I guess he didn't get it all uploaded at once. Other then that he didn't say anything about it, said hes taking a break from playing games this week.

here it is if you want to watch it yourself, gotta love his week in preview intro! xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sUjKjFXNLU
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:01:34 pm by Will »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2198 on: December 02, 2013, 07:42:13 am »
I like all kinds of platformers, and I think 3D World looks fun. I think it looks much better then Mario Galaxy, I found Galaxy to be pretty boring at times. I know I'm in the minority with that opinion, but that's what I think.

I agree with you, I didn't like Galaxy either.

It does look fun, but it's so expensive. >_<

Sold Tearaway myself, I beat it 100% in 3 days...:\ Good game, can't recommend it enough but it is super short.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2199 on: December 02, 2013, 04:39:26 pm »
Super-hooked on Resident Evil 6 right now...

I've wanting to get back into the game for some time now and... phew... Started replaying it and I'm having fun with it's game modes. It's crazy...

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2200 on: December 04, 2013, 11:21:04 am »
@Shadi

I see he's updated some new ones now. I remembber watching DSP's sonic playthroughs. I forgot how enjoyable that was. His commentary and reactions are the best lol

Been playing the game myself too.I'm at world 7, it has been challenging so far but me personally this is where i'm starting to feel like i'm actually struggling. Didn't expect that untill post game like was the case in 3d land, so that's great.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:35:28 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2201 on: December 04, 2013, 08:43:38 pm »
@Shadi

I see he's updated some new ones now. I remembber watching DSP's sonic playthroughs. I forgot how enjoyable that was. His commentary and reactions are the best lol

Been playing the game myself too.I'm at world 7, it has been challenging so far but me personally this is where i'm starting to feel like i'm actually struggling. Didn't expect that untill post game like was the case in 3d land, so that's great.

Yeah. that's why I like DSP's videos. They are very entertaining, if he was good at games and didn't get mad he'd be just like many other youtubers and I know I wouldn't be watching him, that's boring XD. I need to see his rage.

"I didn't do anything!!!" "Game is glitched" "fuckin stupid man"

classic lines for him.

Offline ShenmueVF

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2202 on: December 06, 2013, 06:04:03 am »

Been playing this great SEGA release for about a year now most days... and yup, use both those characters with their awesome flowing Chinese moves and relatively easy inputs. Astonishingly, the series is now 20 years old! Wow, here's to another 20 years  8)  :-*

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2203 on: December 06, 2013, 06:39:43 am »
^Nice, do you ever play at local tournaments etc as well?

Offline ShenmueVF

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2204 on: December 06, 2013, 12:18:12 pm »
Nope, nothing local here since the late '90s, but thankfully SEGA put great netcode into the Xbox version, so can finally enjoy VF again versus plenty of other countries on a fast, wired gaming line  8)