Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723201 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2205 on: December 06, 2013, 03:45:21 pm »
Where are you located? Im trying to find/build a scene in Toronto, but I had a good scene in Australia with meetups and tournaments. I need to get a console again so I can play.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2206 on: December 08, 2013, 09:22:17 pm »
Started playing Ratchet and Clank HD again this weekend, almost fully completed with the game, just beat Qwark. Drek is really hard apparently from what I've heard/read might need to grind bolts for a while to buy some stuff to make defeating him easier.

This game has so many hidden trophies.

Great game, but I'm kinda looking forward to being done with it, its mechanics are quite frustrating at times, but hey, it was the first Ratchet and Clank. First games are never flawless. I know for a fact that later games have fixed all the issues I'm having with this first one xD, reviews also say the other two PS2 games are huge improvements over the first one.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:39:20 pm by Will »

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2207 on: December 08, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »
I've had Pokemon Y for quite a while now but now I'm going bonkers with it, since I've decided to try my hand at IV/nature/ability breeding. The in-game team I had sucks against friends and people I fight with (except for the occasional straggler online) so I've got to make a new one.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #2208 on: December 08, 2013, 11:43:11 pm »
I've been playing the 3DS a lot.  Project X Zone, chapter 16.

borderlands 2 every Sunday with my brother.

Sonic Dash on the ipad 3.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2209 on: December 09, 2013, 12:15:27 am »

Ahh....the golden demon one. Good times.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2210 on: December 09, 2013, 05:56:56 am »
Been catching up with Pokemon Y. Didn't feel the game at first because it felt way too similar to the previous games, but once you play a little bit more you notice that the world structure is much better and  the flow as well. Kind of surprised how much adventure it took towards the 2nd badge. Usually it's very predictable

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2211 on: December 09, 2013, 06:36:25 am »
Finished Leon's campaign again in RE 6. I think the patches they inserted in the game really helped it.
That rope climb QTE that made me almost want to throw my console off a balcony was actually functional and not messy.

I've also started playin' Young Justice: Legacy... Finished 4 levels so far and... well... There's nothing wrong with the game per se, however...

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:02:31 am by max_cady »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2212 on: December 09, 2013, 03:45:51 pm »
I've sorta been all over the place with gaming.

Some Pokemon Y, God of War: Ascensions, and Splatterhouse on X360, game is ridiculous..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2213 on: December 10, 2013, 05:09:13 pm »
Justice League: Legacy

As far as licensed games go, this one certainly feels above average, if only because the show ended nearly 2 years ago, so the devs almost certainly were in no pressure to get it out as soon as possible.

Dragon Quest VIII

It's a JRPG, so looks like I'm gonna be pretty busy this Christmas.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2214 on: December 10, 2013, 05:41:22 pm »

As far as licensed games go, this one certainly feels above average, if only because the show ended nearly 2 years ago, so the devs almost certainly were in no pressure to get it out as soon as possible.

Dragon Quest VIII

It's a JRPG, so looks like I'm gonna be pretty busy this Christmas.

Quite, game is really damn long, but very good.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2215 on: December 10, 2013, 09:52:19 pm »
Ratchet and Clank still, getting closer to the ending. Ive played the PS3 games before, but I'm really glad I bought this HD collection back when it was on sale on PSN. For 8 dollars this was a steal.. heh xP

I feel like playing it has really gotten me better at Ratchet and Clank games, due to how frustrating it can be at times. I'm looking forward to starting Going Commando after I beat this one. See how it improved over the first game.

also the graphics are damn good for being a PS2 game. They really upscaled quite nicely. Really, it looks like a low budget PS3 game rather then an actual PS2 game which is awesome IMO.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:54:00 pm by Will »

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2216 on: December 11, 2013, 02:17:13 pm »

That would be YOUNG Justice: Legacy. Though, I'm kinda surprised that:

1. It took so long to get released.

2. They bothered releasing it several months after the show got cancelled.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2217 on: December 12, 2013, 11:47:47 am »
I'm surprised as well... I was still keeping my eye on it and they basically dumped the game in the last week of November, getting next to no press coverage.

And it kinda shows, the biggest joke in the game are the menus, they looked like they were designed as a last minute though. The PS2-esque graphics might fly over but since it's all cartoony it might not be so offensive.

But darn it, Dragon Quest VIII is really good. I'm getting hooked on it almost as much as I did with Final Fantasy XII.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #2218 on: December 13, 2013, 02:44:35 am »

borderlands 2 every Sunday with my brother.

Sonic Dash on the ipad 3.
Ahh....the golden demon one. Good times.

Yeah, I had to look up how to catch those stupid golden demons.  That's the only level I've lost at so far, except when I was too sleepy and let the main character die. 

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2219 on: December 14, 2013, 05:08:10 pm »
Young Justice: Legacy

SO BORING! I mean it. All you do is traverse from one place to another and beat up everyone. Rinse and repeat. This supossedely has RPG-like elements but no matter how much I level up it never seems to show any real progress. Sometime you tag alongside one of the big name JL guys like Green Lantern and Superman, which are the only somewhat amusing segments.

Story is the only thing that keeps me going... But Kid Flash is starting to bore with his incessant puns and "jokes".

Dragon Quest VIII

Oooohh, haven't played a decent JRPG in eons and this one is great. It's my first time with a DQ game, so unlike FF (Final Fantasy XIII is pure cancer), this one does give me a good impression.
It's quite a stark contrast to the Final Fantasy games, it's colorful, it's lively, humurous and the characters are fun. This game kinda feels like what Blue Dragon should have been.