Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723220 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2220 on: December 14, 2013, 10:35:47 pm »
I really should get back to playing Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King whenever I can.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2221 on: December 15, 2013, 09:44:23 pm »
just beat ratchet and clank! yaaay

now time to get back to tales of xillia and beat that before the second one comes out xD

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2222 on: December 16, 2013, 12:04:01 am »
Yeah, I had to look up how to catch those stupid golden demons.  That's the only level I've lost at so far, except when I was too sleepy and let the main character die. 

Project X Zone features one of the most hilarious game over sequences ever.

Anyway, I hit my first game over a few chapters after that one, and it was due to not having the right team available to speak to a certain map unit by the time limit. D= Was so pissed at myself for not paying attention.

now time to get back to tales of xillia and beat that before the second one comes out xD

Thankfully it'll be some time before that happens, although I read somewhere that the localization work is already done.

Where are you at in Xillia?
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #2223 on: December 16, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »
Project X Zone features one of the most hilarious game over sequences ever.

Anyway, I hit my first game over a few chapters after that one, and it was due to not having the right team available to speak to a certain map unit by the time limit. D= Was so pissed at myself for not paying attention.

I've just finished chapter 20.  Did I pass that part already?  This game is fun, but there are a few weird things about it.  Like I have no idea how I randomly pull off these super-moves that do like 14,000 damage.  I seem to do it with Chun Li the most. 

The plot is convoluted and annoying.  There's like 10 minutes of introductions at each chapter, and I don't know who 90% of these people are. 

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2224 on: December 16, 2013, 02:34:03 pm »

Thankfully it'll be some time before that happens, although I read somewhere that the localization work is already done.

Where are you at in Xillia?

ooh man.. it's been a while, i really dont remember clearly. I do know it's after Millia's leg problem is taken care of though :)

tried to describe that as little spoilerish as possible. I gotta get the spoiler tags back on here. You'll still need to copy and paste it in the address bar or something to read it probably.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:40:06 pm by Will »

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2225 on: December 16, 2013, 08:48:20 pm »
I've just finished chapter 20.  Did I pass that part already?  This game is fun, but there are a few weird things about it.  Like I have no idea how I randomly pull off these super-moves that do like 14,000 damage.  I seem to do it with Chun Li the most. 

The plot is convoluted and annoying.  There's like 10 minutes of introductions at each chapter, and I don't know who 90% of these people are. 

If you really want to know, you're about to hit it. It's the next chapter. Just pay attention to the objective, and make sure Kite and Blackrose get to the end of the map. I screwed up and had them chilling at around the middle of the map on my first playthrough.

Super Moves? You're probably thinking of the Special super. When you are in a standard encounter against an enemy unit, you build up a set amount of XP or Cross Points based on each attack combination chosen. If, at any moment before you run out of attacks or the enemy hits the ground, you have 100 XP available, you can use them for a Special attack. They are the longer cinematic attacks that do a ton of damage. The trade off here, of course, is that you weigh the use of these attacks against XP used for Skill buffs and defensive options when attacked by enemies. (the latter is more of a concern earlier in the game, later in the game the former is more desirable as more skills are unlocked, passive and active) Special attacks can be boosted with the same Critical bonus that normal attacks receive.

Chun-Li and Morrigan is a unit that, at base, doesn't have a high Atk stat but they do get access to more of their attacks faster than the rest of the units in the game. That's probably how they're doing as much damage as they are, or at least that contributes to it.

As for the plot, it's nonsense. =D The plot, in my mind, is just a vehicle for cool interactions between the characters.

ooh man.. it's been a while, i really dont remember clearly. I do know it's after Millia's leg problem is taken care of though :)

tried to describe that as little spoilerish as possible. I gotta get the spoiler tags back on here. You'll still need to copy and paste it in the address bar or something to read it probably.

Ahh, I'm pretty sure I remember! You're fairly early. Maybe a third, a quarter in, somewhere in between. You just got permanent access to the most glorious character in the game. I think you just had to beat one of the more slightly annoying bosses in the game too.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:02:40 pm by inthesky »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2226 on: December 16, 2013, 11:02:58 pm »

Ahh, I'm pretty sure I remember! You're fairly early. Maybe a third, a quarter in, somewhere in between. You just got permanent access to the most glorious character in the game. I think you just had to beat one of the more slightly annoying bosses in the game too.

Yeah, that Butler is pretty badass!

Anyways, I wasn't in an RPG mood tonight so I started Ratchet and Clank 2 (Going Commando). This game is amazing! It's a huge improvement over the first one. It just feels so amazing playing it after playing the 1st one for so long xD. It feels next gen! even though it was also a PS2 game, but the graphics also seem improved.

These Ratchet games honestly up-scaled really nice to the PS3. Graphics don't make me think of a PS2 game.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:07:04 pm by Will »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2227 on: December 20, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »
Castle of Illusion

Finished a few minutes ago. Oh, the joys of an old school platform game. I wish the game was actually longer. Shame that we'll likely never see a World of Illusion game.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2228 on: December 22, 2013, 12:22:53 am »
I just arrived at the final world in Super mario 3d world. Not the regular final world. Actually the game tricks you to think that a lot of times. But I think I may be in the real final world now, which is unlocked after collecting all green stars, stamps and golden flags

I like how 100% mario game is so fun and rewarding. Now to see what I get after completing the final stuff

I noticed one thing after going back to 3d land(the 3ds game). The multiplayer nature has caused some sacrifices. The level design seems to be really be made with the thought of multiple players in mind and the camera as well. It makes sense with multiplayer in mind but it seems it did sacrifice some of the frredom both from thhe players perspective and the designers in making the levels.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:29:49 am by CrazyT »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2229 on: December 23, 2013, 05:53:50 am »
Honestly, 3D Land was WAY too easy for me. 3D World seems to at least provide some extra challenge.

Beat Sonic Lost World....and my god...that Zorak boss in Lava Mountain Act 4.....I swear that kids won't beat that boss until they master the parkour system. :(

Nice pun I just realised there.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2230 on: December 23, 2013, 06:21:56 pm »
Haha, but yeah I agree. 3d land felt like a simple handheld game. It would suck if 3d world wasnt more challenging because while I enjoyed 3d land, the only thing to really challenge me was the post game super worlds.

3d World overall has the better level design, it's just some ideas which cant be done with 4 players on screen to prevent frustration.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2231 on: December 27, 2013, 12:58:40 am »
I got Rayman Legends and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX for Christmas, so I guess most of my gaming time will focus on them.

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2232 on: December 29, 2013, 05:10:54 pm »
Been playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds this weekend. I'm hoping to beat it today or tomorrow. It's pretty easy and the dungeons feel short, but good so far. I appreciate a lot of the extras thrown in, like the Silver Rupee challenges and the minigames. You get tons of $krilla in this game. I don't really care for the rental system but I'm not all that incensed by it either.

I've done three of the Dark World dungeons so far. Want to at least clear three more today.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2233 on: December 30, 2013, 07:11:55 pm »
Lately...

Dragon Quest 8 - Had a major boss battle to advance the plot.
BioShock Infinite - I'm still thinking about the ending
Infinite Dunamis - Well played, Kemco. At least 3 plot twists and different endings?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2234 on: December 30, 2013, 08:05:44 pm »
Been playing a lot of Dead Rising 3, it's a really fun game. The amount of zombies on screen is incredible and no
LAg is even better.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88