Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723183 times)

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2340 on: December 23, 2014, 12:52:35 pm »
dank meme lelele

Guilty Gear Xrd
Shantae: Pirate's Curse
Project DIVA F 2nd

and the occasional Smash 4/Melee
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2341 on: December 23, 2014, 01:14:42 pm »
dank meme lelele

Guilty Gear Xrd
Shantae: Pirate's Curse
Project DIVA F 2nd

and the occasional Smash 4/Melee

WOOOOAAAAAHHHH GUILTY GEAR

Ahem- I kinda want to learn that game. Who are you using in it? I don't have a PS3, but might get one and this game on boxing day sales.

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2342 on: December 24, 2014, 05:18:51 pm »
I'm by no means an expert but it's the first Guilty Gear I'm really getting into after only toying around with XX#Reload on XBLA. I'm focusing on Chipp! I fuck up my inputs online a lot because there's a bit of input lag more often than not (and I'm still getting used to the guy) but he's still a lot of fun. I think Chipp has to be both handled delicately (due to his poor defense/health) and aggressively since his mobility and pressure is good and you don't want to give your opponent a chance to get in on you

Who were you thinking of using?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2343 on: December 29, 2014, 08:33:43 am »
^Not sure to be honest, I'm not that familiar with the cast. I understand Faust is a great beginner character, but Slayer and Potemkin seemed interesting too.

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2344 on: December 29, 2014, 01:11:48 pm »
Hmm. Well, the easier character to play include Faust, Sol, Sin, and Ky. Sol and Ky have a moveset that really ease you into the basics of the game, and the more advanced techniques. Sin is a character with long and wide ranged attacks with generally easy to execute combos (once connected) though you have a IMO minor inconvenience in managing a secondary gauge (specific to him) that depletes when you use special moves, the Calorie Meter. Faust is a pretty good character and can poke pretty well, good long ranged attacks and his projectiles are more useful/intuitive than they may seem.

Slayer I understand a little less, but he's a primarily ground based character who generally relies on converting hits into huge damage, since his mobility is a bit limited. Your moveset (Dandy Step especially) can give you some mobility though. Potemkin...well you played a grappler character in VF right? Grapplers I don't understand much either, but in a game with lots of gimmicks (I mean that playfully =P) and dashing around, I think for him you have to live and die by the reads. He of course has good defense modifiers and super armor in one of his specials, plus assorted stuff to give him a little edge like his earthquake attack.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2345 on: December 30, 2014, 04:05:15 pm »
Lately...

Sniper Elite III - Played the Intro Mission to get the gist of it.
Legend of L'Phalcia - Another Android JRPG from Kemco. OK-ish so far.
Valkyria Chronicles - Lost two of my best Lancers in combat and a major character death. Pulling them heart strings...

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2346 on: January 02, 2015, 01:25:10 pm »
Got Jeanne d'Arc. That game is pretty accessible and fun. I love the voice acting direction. Everyone has French accents. =)

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2347 on: January 15, 2015, 04:04:10 pm »
Legend of L'Phalcia

Finished that game yesterday. A cookie cutter JRPG if I ever saw one. The characters are OK-ish, the plot is not that deep, you can spot the twists coming a mile away. Combat is acceptable. But whoever programmed the random encounters must've been drunk 'cause you cannot walk more than 10 steps until you get into a fight. It's madness.

From the team who made Infinite Dunamis and Alphadia Genesis, I expected way more from them.

I want to get back to Sniper Elite III and Valkyria Chronicles, but I'm just into them all that much right now.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2348 on: February 01, 2015, 12:16:45 pm »
TRYING to play Evil Within, but holy shit this game is buggy as fuck. It crashes every time I try to play it, sometimes killing the whole PC.

Fuck it, I might give up on the game for a bit and focus on something else. It seems fun, but I literally cannot play it it's such a bad PC port.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #2349 on: February 01, 2015, 05:46:29 pm »
I'm really slowly making my  way through a bunch of games I got for Christmas, like Metal Gear Rising and I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream. The former I'm having a hard time with on a certain boss, the former I'm just slow with because I'm awful at point-and-click adventure games.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2350 on: February 02, 2015, 04:03:38 am »
Been playing Ridge Racer Type 4, SEGA All-Stars Racing and Virtua Fighter 5FS (Dreaming about VF6)

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2351 on: February 02, 2015, 08:18:37 am »
I'm really slowly making my  way through a bunch of games I got for Christmas, like Metal Gear Rising and I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream. The former I'm having a hard time with on a certain boss, the former I'm just slow with because I'm awful at point-and-click adventure games.

Which boss are you struggling with in MGR? That's a great game IMO, and some really tough but fun bosses.

I really liked that each boss forced you to use a different skill to progress.

Been playing Ridge Racer Type 4, SEGA All-Stars Racing and Virtua Fighter 5FS (Dreaming about VF6)

VF5FS is da best. I would play you online but I think our connection would be rubbish since you're pretty far south in the US I believe?

EDIT: Evil Within randomly started working again too, so I've been playing that again too. I really like it. Feels like a proper survival horror game, not an action game. Limited ammo, tough enemies and spooky atmospheres that don't rely on jump scares too much.

When I kill a chainsaw dude it really felt like an achievement as I was getting chased all over the place by him and wondering how much it'll take to kill him. Of course using explosives on him attracts all the other monsters too which makes it more panic inducing.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 08:27:33 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2352 on: February 02, 2015, 09:33:17 am »

That's creepy, because last night I played some Mario Kart 8 after finally downloading the latest DLC, got into the kart mood and started playing the first SEGA All-Stars Racing. Because of Virtua Fighter week, I picked Jackie and Akria and forgot how badly they handled. I switched it over to Bonanza Bros and dominated.

Curious, who were your preferred racers in the original? For me, it was Bonanza Bros, Ryo on his forklift, and Opa Opa.

I also won one of these on ebay for $16 (+$10 shipping) so I can play some proper VF5:FS and the other AM2 fighters on XBLA:

I know it's not the high end stick, but for $26 I thought it was a steal.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:35:08 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2353 on: February 02, 2015, 09:59:16 am »
I'm officially done with Urban Terror. Why?

It's really just a Online Multiplayer game that's entirely filled with bots. It finally dawn on me after multiple playthroughs for several days. Waste of time and waste of space on my laptop.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2354 on: February 02, 2015, 10:00:31 am »
Barry; I used to have one of those (Still do, but it's back at home).
Very nice stick, it's not as good as the higher end Hori stuff, but it's great for the size and price IMO.
That is a killer price too, well bought.

I should point out I've been playing a lot of VF recently (although that's always for me). The scene in Toronto has grown pretty strong, I'm having trouble keeping up with the new guys! They've really fallen in love with the game, and it's so fun to play.

Got a tournament coming up on Sunday too, so that should be fun.