Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723221 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2505 on: May 11, 2015, 10:33:43 am »
I'll definitely make sure to play the original games in order then.

I've heard that Double Agent isn't that great though. It's the only one I haven't picked up.

I actually liked it, and I played it on 360.
I just found out recently that PS2/Xbox Original game was very different to the PS3/360 game. Apparently the PS2/Xbox OG version is much better and has more content, so keep that in mind if you want to play Double Agent.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2506 on: May 11, 2015, 10:49:23 am »
I just found out recently that PS2/Xbox Original game was very different to the PS3/360 game. Apparently the PS2/Xbox OG version is much better and has more content, so keep that in mind if you want to play Double Agent.
I've heard that from a lot of people. I could maybe try and track down the Gamecube version, so I could play it on the Wii with the component cables.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #2507 on: May 11, 2015, 10:25:08 pm »
I've mostly been playing Super Smash Bros. For 3DS and Wii U lately,  I might want to play some older PS2 games I haven't finished like Silent Hill 2 or Devil May Cry on my PS3 (I didn't really play a lot of PS2 games on it because of how Tekken Tag Tournament was laggy as fuck and I thought that other PS2 games would work similarly) if I have more free time from work.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:28:54 pm by Chaosmaster8753 »

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2508 on: May 12, 2015, 07:34:26 am »
I started up Splinter Cell: Conviction on the PC last night. I didn't get to put a whole lot of time into it though, because I spent a good chunk of the evening downloading it, and trying to get the Uplay launcher to work.

I'm enjoying it so far, but the switch to Michael Ironside (from playing Blacklist first) has been pretty jarring. He just sounds so much more gruff and angry than I'd expect from someone who calmly waits in the shadows.  The gameplay reminds me more of the Arkham games than Metal Gear. A lot more picking guys off, then running to a new hiding place, than sneaking around to avoid them.

I do like the look of the mission dialogue popping up on walls though, and the change to a black and white colour scheme when you're out of sight is pretty cool.

Also: I don't think there's a way to pick up bodies (to hide them), or whistle to lure enemies around corners, so that's making me really adjust how I play.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:37:18 am by SOUP »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2509 on: May 12, 2015, 12:18:13 pm »
^Yeah Conviction, like I said, is really different to the older games. It's more about killing everyone in a kind of stealthy way rather than being 'In and out and nobody ever knew you were there at all' style stealth of the older games.

It introduced stuff like the Mark and Execute which really lent itself to aggressive gameplay the originals didn't have.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2510 on: May 12, 2015, 02:38:17 pm »
^Yeah Conviction, like I said, is really different to the older games. It's more about killing everyone in a kind of stealthy way rather than being 'In and out and nobody ever knew you were there at all' style stealth of the older games.

It introduced stuff like the Mark and Execute which really lent itself to aggressive gameplay the originals didn't have.

It's definitely a lot different from the amount of choice Blacklist gives you with how you want to play. I hope that a new Splinter Cell is the unannounced AAA game Ubisoft says they'll be showing at E3.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2511 on: May 14, 2015, 01:54:11 am »
I'm actually playing Borderlands 2 with my brother co-op, I never played the game before (just a few missions here and there with friends). Hum, outside of some OK 'weird lol meme' characters its still fun due to the co-op aspect. I do hate managing inventories, its fun in concept but I like just playing a game.

I have also been playing Final Fantasy VI (restored) on the GBA, which is a fan modified version of FF6 on GBA. The GBA port had bad sound and weird brightness issues. This fan mod fixes that and makes it look like the SNES version and plus you get the extra GBA missions and stuff.

Lastly I have also been playing Renegade Ops because I got it on Humble Store for a dollar. I had it before on PS3. But hey, a buck!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2512 on: May 15, 2015, 10:29:03 am »
Zelda: Majora's mask is really a masterpiece. The only zelda game where exploring the world and doing stuff doesnt feel like side quests but actually part of the whole scheme. This is a zelda game with the least dungeons but actually getting things done in the world is so fulfilling even though it is optional.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2513 on: May 15, 2015, 12:39:32 pm »
Zelda: Majora's mask is really a masterpiece. The only zelda game where exploring the world and doing stuff doesnt feel like side quests but actually part of the whole scheme. This is a zelda game with the least dungeons but actually getting things done in the world is so fulfilling even though it is optional.

I should get around to playing OoT and MM someday. I've only ever played Twilight Princess.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2514 on: May 15, 2015, 03:37:44 pm »
I should get around to playing OoT and MM someday. I've only ever played Twilight Princess.
You probably wont regret it. As someone who was late to the party and played twilight princess before ocarina of time, i can say ocarina of time is a lot better. Theres just something about the game that makes you lose yourself. Though I really wonder if its just me, so hearing your impressions sometime would be cool. Which versions are you planning to try out?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2515 on: May 16, 2015, 02:36:35 am »
Just finished up Sniper Elite V2, fun game, not great, but fun.

Will probably go back to some NHL 15 or keep playing RE Revelations 2, unless I get bored of it.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2516 on: May 19, 2015, 02:22:20 am »
Playing Final Fantasy XIII: Lighting Returns still. Only 2 more days left and I've done most of the major missions thus far. It's been a fun ride. Ligthning despite being an emotionless vessel through most of the journey has more heart in this game than in the vast majority of the previous games. This somewhat small world has more heart than both campagins in Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2.

I'm gonna finish one very nagging mission so I can move on to the final boss.

Offline George

« Reply #2517 on: May 19, 2015, 03:20:27 am »
I beat 'Rollers of the Realm, a pinball/RPG published by Atlus. It had its decent moment but I can't grind the people to max level, sad that you don't max them up after playing the campaign because they just re-use the maps for Arena.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2518 on: May 21, 2015, 10:02:37 am »
I picked up a white PS4 the other day, so I've been playing through Infamous: Second Son.

Thankfully, I have a few free PS+ games built up, so I'll have a few things to keep me busy on the PS4 until Batman comes out.

Offline George

« Reply #2519 on: May 21, 2015, 11:51:21 pm »
So I played through this little RPG called 'To the Moon', which I got via a Humble Bundle. The game was suppose to be created on the RPG Maker VX Ace engine so I decided to give it a try. Its a pretty good RPG, not battling or anything, its more of exploring, clicking and reading. Still a nice put together story for sure.

Going to play the free 'minisodes' they released. One was from 2013 Holiday and the other was released this past February. 

My only complaint is that the game doesn't display at 1080p and that the controls (with a controller) basically suck. Basically Mouse/KB.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:53:20 pm by George »