Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723213 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2685 on: January 20, 2016, 12:32:32 pm »
I have a feeling it'll come to PC as well. I think in your case as someone who hasnt even played the first 2 games it'd be wise to wait just a little bit longer.

Id definitly double dip and replay myself. Could make the experience a lot more pleasant too. Loading times are pretty tedious in the first game especially

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2686 on: January 20, 2016, 12:59:18 pm »
I am tempted, but I'm a bit concerned that if I do enjoy it, will they actually port the later ones and if so, when...

If they don't, I might end up paying far more to access them later on.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:08:48 pm by Tad »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2687 on: January 29, 2016, 03:57:46 am »
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and The Blight Below

Been playing this one non-stop. At least 2-3 hours every day. It's ironics that the first game I'd get on the PS4 would be a Dynasty Warrior-type game since my first OG Xbox was a DW game too. DW 3 was boring as heck and never got back to it.

This one makes things a little more interesting since the world of DQ is so quirky, filled with optimistic characters and witty banter. It helps since most of the game is basically Tower Defense-esque type missions or kill all monsters-type missions.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2688 on: February 20, 2016, 11:23:38 am »
Project X Zone 2 - so far very similar to the first game with a few improvements. I know a lot of people gripe that the gameplay is too samey, but I enjoy it. I am not a huge RPG fan, so the SRPG-lite feel and live combat make it easier for me to get into. I still think the SEGA presence needed to be stronger in this game, and the last one. It's great to see Axel, Ryo, Segata and Yakuza and others, but just looking at the list of characters on wikis it is clear that Capcom and Namco get more representation. SEGA could have used at least 2-3 more teams and 2 more solo unites and a few more enemies.

I also wish they gave Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-Man some representation. Maybe as stage decor, or treating them as deities or myths in the respective characters worlds.

Still, I'm enjoying the game and cannot wait to get to the Segata and Ryo's introductions!

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #2689 on: February 20, 2016, 11:38:16 am »
I started playing the new PC port of Danganronpa. Not a big fan of visual novels, but this one I actually have a history with, plus having actual interaction and more than one button being used is enough to keep my attention. Only played a couple hours and so far it's got that Persona 4 thing going on where the intro before the real game begins is so, damn, LONG. But, enjoyable either way, at least for now.

Offline Nei

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2690 on: February 20, 2016, 04:06:50 pm »
Street Fighter V and replaying through Bayonetta 2 when my hands get too wasted :P
better in daydreaming

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2691 on: February 22, 2016, 04:26:52 am »
Man, I just burned through 2 games pretty quickly.

Shadow Warrior

I wasn't blown away by it, but it was a fun game to play. Gory, ubber violent and Lo Wang is argubaly an offensive catch-phrase spewing douche and the plot is by the numbers (the ending felt a little cheap). Shame that the enemies start getting very repetitive and sometimes by the level design, it's not clear where you're suppossed to go. Get it cheap.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

First time playing one of these game. Might as well start with the one that covers Naruto Shippuden's best story arc (Pain). IMO. The fighting mechanics are solid, specials are somewhat easy to pull off, the adventure mode is fun and to the point. I'd recommend this.

Now I have nothing to play. That is, I'm trying to finish Hyperdimension Neptunia on PC / Steam. Unlike Fairy Fencer F or Agarest Generations of War, the gameplay, the setting and all that, is just not grabbing me in any significant way. It's cutesy, the plot is non-sensical but I just want to get the game over with asap. So I can concentrate on other titles.

Sad to say that I'm in that awkward stage in which there's nothing for me to play on the Xbox 360 and most of the games I want to play on the PS4 are still far away. Maybe I'll pick up Tales of Zestiria, but not right now...

Offline Tad

« Reply #2692 on: February 22, 2016, 05:02:26 am »
Layers of Fear

A game with the right look, but poor execution in story and it quickly runs thin on ideas for a physiology horror game. It was clearly inspired by PT, but they seemed to do nothing else with it beyond the basics. It annoyingly feels like a lost opportunity to do something truly clever and play with the players mind like PT did.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2693 on: February 23, 2016, 05:30:23 am »

Well, I'm trying to rush through Hyperdimension Neptunia as quickly as possible. But I've just realized it's not as simple as it seems. It has a deceptively cutesy and easy looking enviroment but this series is apparentely notorious for it's difficulty. I had barely made it through one boss battle and had to tackle another boss battle which led me to a game over. Level-grinding is an absolutely necessity if you want to beat this game.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2694 on: February 23, 2016, 06:13:43 pm »
Played some PSO Ver. 2 offline last night as my old character Fokker - a human hunter level 102. Had all my best equipment on, including a ton of God level add-ons and a cool spread. I haven't played the offline mode much, so I am only up to Mines 1 on Hard. So it was a massacre and really easy. Hoping to eventually hit the highest difficulty so there is more of a challenge.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:15:45 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #2695 on: February 23, 2016, 07:00:50 pm »
Been playing "Bio Hazard" on Sega Saturn, since it turns 20-years old next month. Beat it with both Chris and Jill, under 2 1/2 hours, only saving twice. Used to be able to do it without saving, but that was ages ago. Nowadays, I'm always scared the Chimera in the power room's gonna' hack my head off and ruin everything.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline ribbitking17

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #2696 on: February 24, 2016, 12:34:29 am »
I started the "castle of illusion" remake on PS3 last night. They did a very good job remaining the genesis game. It couldn't be more charming.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2697 on: February 24, 2016, 03:47:46 am »
So I went back to Dragon Quest Heroes: The World's Tree Woe and the Blight Below. After finishing the main story mode, I've taken upon myself to playing the extra content, such as extra hard boss battles, a new game area to play around (Arba Town) and a few extra missions to complete.

Arba Town, in particular, has ubber hard enemies on Hero Difficulty, but man, if you beat them, you can level up several times. Especially if you take out the Metal Slime King, the regular metal slimes can pretty much make you level up once, but that Metal Slime King can make you level up like 5 levels in one go.

Guess, there's still a lot to do in this game after all.

On a sad sidenote, I want to play Transformers Devastation, but I'm not sure if I should get the PS4 or the Xbox 360 version.

Offline Tad

« Reply #2698 on: February 24, 2016, 06:10:36 am »
Finished Telltales' TWD Mini series episode 1 "In too deep".

Surprisingly good in my opinion. The story is really throwing you into the thick of it and asking posing questions and choices quite well. My only real complaint is the slightly abrupt ending.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2699 on: February 24, 2016, 08:58:02 am »
I started the "castle of illusion" remake on PS3 last night. They did a very good job remaining the genesis game. It couldn't be more charming.

It really is a fantastic reimagining. I also loved the nod to Quackshot! with the peppers. Shame we won't be seeing more of these, I would love to see World of Illusion or Quackshot.