Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155553 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4035 on: October 06, 2014, 10:20:24 am »
Work can definitely do that to you, it seems like a lot of my depression stems from work and then heading home to more issues.

I'm glad you picked up a Wii U though, you should get Mario Kart so we can race!

I'm thinking of getting MK8 and a pro controller, partly because I want that for Bayo and then I'll be able to do 2-player races offline. It's going to be nearly $100 for both (Shipping and tax included). Where is the best place to buy games in North America? I was thinking Amazon, and it seems to be cheaper to buy from US and ship to CA than going with Amazon.ca (CA prices were even more)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4036 on: October 06, 2014, 10:48:06 am »
Yeah, i would think that US Amazon or even Ebay would be a good option. I'm quite surprised that Canadian prices are higher, then again i know PS4's are more expensive over there too due to higher tariffs.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4037 on: October 06, 2014, 10:52:16 am »
Electronics are generally much cheaper in US, but I thought shipping and import fees would make CA cheaper. Nope.

I was looking at ebay, but it's mostly dodgy stuff like 'MK8, no game case, no manual, otherwise good condition. But the artwork says Mario Kart 64, otherwise fine' and it's only like $10 cheaper than just buying from Amazon.

I might have a look at some Second Hand stores and see if they have controllers and games for cheap, but Nintendo prices don't usually drop until they want to clear it out.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4038 on: October 06, 2014, 03:06:07 pm »
Today sucks. Lets just rename this topic to Depression HQ.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4039 on: October 06, 2014, 03:22:23 pm »
Today sucks. Lets just rename this topic to Depression HQ.

"DON'T JUMP!: Depression Official Thread"

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4040 on: October 06, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »
http://youtu.be/010KyIQjkTk

Mwahahahahahahahaha!

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #4041 on: October 06, 2014, 11:43:58 pm »
I'm thinking of getting MK8 and a pro controller, partly because I want that for Bayo and then I'll be able to do 2-player races offline. It's going to be nearly $100 for both (Shipping and tax included). Where is the best place to buy games in North America? I was thinking Amazon, and it seems to be cheaper to buy from US and ship to CA than going with Amazon.ca (CA prices were even more)

Amazon is cool especially if you have Amazon Prime (which I don't =P)

But all Amazon members are eligible for a one month Prime trial period, so you can use that Amazon Prime trial to shave off the shipping costs. You can just turn off the trial period on the last day that it's available to avoid paying (what will then become) an automatic Amazon Prime renewal fee after the period is scheduled to finish. The only real problem with Amazon is that it's super fucking hard to game their sales and predict when prices get slashed and sometimes prices just get stuck. Checking out marketplace sellers can be a risk but sometimes you'll get good deals. It's how I get Skies of Arcadia Legends and a couple of Gamecube controllers.

(btw it seems MK8 is $50 right now)

Past Amazon I dunno. There aren't really ones I like anymore, and my local import store close which freaking sucks. Gamestop is just something I indulge if I want to get certain preorder bonuses, most of the time I can wait for games

---

Good luck to the Segabits depression (of varying degrees) club. Speaking to a therapist or psychologist can be helpful, or maybe there's person close to you out there who can lend an ear
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:50:24 pm by inthesky »
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4042 on: October 07, 2014, 02:33:12 am »
And another online retailer just made it's way into my blacklist...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4043 on: October 07, 2014, 08:07:15 am »
Amazon is cool especially if you have Amazon Prime (which I don't =P)

But all Amazon members are eligible for a one month Prime trial period, so you can use that Amazon Prime trial to shave off the shipping costs. You can just turn off the trial period on the last day that it's available to avoid paying (what will then become) an automatic Amazon Prime renewal fee after the period is scheduled to finish. The only real problem with Amazon is that it's super fucking hard to game their sales and predict when prices get slashed and sometimes prices just get stuck. Checking out marketplace sellers can be a risk but sometimes you'll get good deals. It's how I get Skies of Arcadia Legends and a couple of Gamecube controllers.

(btw it seems MK8 is $50 right now)

Past Amazon I dunno. There aren't really ones I like anymore, and my local import store close which freaking sucks. Gamestop is just something I indulge if I want to get certain preorder bonuses, most of the time I can wait for games

---

Good luck to the Segabits depression (of varying degrees) club. Speaking to a therapist or psychologist can be helpful, or maybe there's person close to you out there who can lend an ear

I ended up going with Amazon US, got a copy of MK8 and a Nyko Pro Controller for $96 including all shipping and taxes etc.

Checking Amazon.ca I could get the same for $113 with all taxes + Shipping. Checking local stores (Even second hand copies of games) the best I could get would have been about $115~$120.

It's all going to arrive around the 24th October, just in time for Bayo 2. Not sure when the console gets here though. Hopefully sooner.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4044 on: October 07, 2014, 08:40:47 am »
Amazon is amazing. I feel bad supporting them though from what I've read about them.. but what can you do when your money is limited and they got the best prices, its the same reason walmart exists.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4045 on: October 07, 2014, 08:46:58 am »
Amazon is amazing. I feel bad supporting them though from what I've read about them.. but what can you do when your money is limited and they got the best prices, its the same reason walmart exists.

What do Amazon do that's considered evil?

And yeah, sometimes price just wins. Not always, but my local game stores don't offer me any reason to shop from them, I'm not going to do so out of a sense of 'supporting them'. I do pay to play VF with friends at one store/console parlour, so I support them in that way at least :)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4046 on: October 07, 2014, 08:49:31 am »
What do Amazon do that's considered evil?

Tax dodgers!

Also they've been bullying publishers in regards to book pricing I believe? Sure there are plenty of other instances.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4047 on: October 07, 2014, 09:02:26 am »
Tax dodgers!

Also they've been bullying publishers in regards to book pricing I believe? Sure there are plenty of other instances.

I'd be interested in knowing about the book pricing. Book pricing seems to be really unique in the world of retail, I know in Aus books were the only product you could advertise as 'saving' off the RRP. I believe this was because books were the only products that had an RRP printed on the product?

It was all very strange and led to retailers advertising books as '$19.99, RRP $49.99' or something.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4048 on: October 09, 2014, 10:16:27 am »
Went to the LA Kings Home Opener against the SJ Sharks. Watching that banner being raised again was amazing. We lost the game 0-4, but who gives a shit? I'll take a loss at the beginning of the Season if we can raise another banner, any day!
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4049 on: October 09, 2014, 03:37:42 pm »
Went to the LA Kings Home Opener against the SJ Sharks. Watching that banner being raised again was amazing. We lost the game 0-4, but who gives a shit? I'll take a loss at the beginning of the Season if we can raise another banner, any day!
The Sharks suck!
SEG4GES