Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155510 times)

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4770 on: December 01, 2015, 01:47:15 am »
Let's help Sonic in here -> http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/bge20_vote
He's being slaughtered

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4771 on: December 17, 2015, 04:58:01 pm »
Have to fly out to Atlanta 1/12 for 5 days for work.. Not really looking forward to it. I've only flown once in my life and that was to Vegas, which was like a 30 min flight from Cali. Well duty calls and i busted my ass to be in this position at work, so i have to bite the bullet.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4772 on: December 17, 2015, 06:04:50 pm »
I'm not going to talk about The Force Awakens till a certain number of people have seen it.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4773 on: December 17, 2015, 10:40:18 pm »
Have to fly out to Atlanta 1/12 for 5 days for work.. Not really looking forward to it. I've only flown once in my life and that was to Vegas, which was like a 30 min flight from Cali. Well duty calls and i busted my ass to be in this position at work, so i have to bite the bullet.

That is what you wanted though, right? Before you know it you'll be bored everyday sitting an office building infront of a computer with an outdated version of windows with an outdated version of IE and playing Solitare all day when your not in meetings or doing paper work.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:44:41 pm by Happy Cat »

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4774 on: December 18, 2015, 09:34:43 am »
What area are you gonna be in? It might be possible if you've got free time to do a meet-up.

Possibly. I'm gonna be working 10-12 hour days at our new Showroom.. Would be cool if other SEGABits people lived in the area, but i don't think i'll have a lot of time available.

That is what you wanted though, right? Before you know it you'll be bored everyday sitting an office building infront of a computer with an outdated version of windows with an outdated version of IE and playing Solitare all day when your not in meetings or doing paper work.

I suppose it is. I mean, i never saw myself as a corporate head, but everything that i do, is for my family. If it takes care of the bills and puts food on the table, i don't really care if i enjoy it or not. It's a very stressful job, considering how many positions i take on, but i think it's worth it.

I've actually upgraded to Windows 10 on my work desktop, haha. =)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:54:56 am by pirovash88 »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4775 on: December 18, 2015, 06:27:29 pm »
Possibly. I'm gonna be working 10-12 hour days at our new Showroom.. Would be cool if other SEGABits people lived in the area, but i don't think i'll have a lot of time available.

I suppose it is. I mean, i never saw myself as a corporate head, but everything that i do, is for my family. If it takes care of the bills and puts food on the table, i don't really care if i enjoy it or not. It's a very stressful job, considering how many positions i take on, but i think it's worth it.

I've actually upgraded to Windows 10 on my work desktop, haha. =)

I dont think most people who work in the corporate world ever saw themselves becoming a corporate head. For most people though, it is like you said, it pays the bills. A lot of corporate jobs pay really well too, allows you to buy stuff like fancy cars. Some people do really well in corporate jobs and some don't.

I guess it's up to the individual person to decide. Everyone is different. If someone loves corporate jobs, then that's great for them. For someone who doesn't though, do you go the route with more money (corporate) and work jobs you aren't particularly fond of your whole life, or do you follow your dreams (and make less money) doing something you really like? A web developer can make a good living, but they'll never be making corporate president type salary for example no matter how hard you work or how great your work is. Unless you start your own company.

Also surprised to hear your company computer is on Windows 10! very surprised. Most companies are on Windows 7. some even XP still. I guess that means you have to play Micro transaction solitare.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4776 on: December 18, 2015, 07:43:16 pm »
How you liking Windows 10, bro?

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4777 on: December 19, 2015, 12:55:09 am »
I dont think most people who work in the corporate world ever saw themselves becoming a corporate head. For most people though, it is like you said, it pays the bills. A lot of corporate jobs pay really well too, allows you to buy stuff like fancy cars. Some people do really well in corporate jobs and some don't.

I guess it's up to the individual person to decide. Everyone is different. If someone loves corporate jobs, then that's great for them. For someone who doesn't though, do you go the route with more money (corporate) and work jobs you aren't particularly fond of your whole life, or do you follow your dreams (and make less money) doing something you really like? A web developer can make a good living, but they'll never be making corporate president type salary for example no matter how hard you work or how great your work is. Unless you start your own company.

Also surprised to hear your company computer is on Windows 10! very surprised. Most companies are on Windows 7. some even XP still. I guess that means you have to play Micro transaction solitare.

Yeah i know what you mean. If i knew what i wanted to do, meaning i had a "dream" job, i probably wouldn't pursue it. When i was younger i wanted to be an audio engineer. I ended up meeting my wife in college when i was about 1 semester away from transferring and that pretty much changed my plans. We got married and she got pregnant about 1 year after that. It was definitely a wake up call for me. Pursue this "dream" career, or get my shit together and do something with my life now. Do i regret it? Not in the slightest. My daughter is the most important person in my life. For the sake of keeping my family happy, i don't mind being miserable at work. I just feel like that's a part of life. My father being an immigrant. He always wanted me to use my mind at work, rather than work a labor intensive job, and that's what i'm doing.

I happened to install W10 on my PC only, everyone else is using W7, haha.

How you liking Windows 10, bro?

It's not bad. I feel like my PC is running smoother. I like being able to customize my start menu and using Cortana is pretty cool too.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4778 on: December 21, 2015, 11:45:41 am »
Just seen the news about a black actress being casted as Hermione in a play. She's white. Deal with it PC police.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4779 on: December 21, 2015, 12:54:17 pm »
http://thegg.net/hot-news/the-sega-dreamcast-2-project-are-very-much-alive-say-hello-to-project-dream/

Just saw this about the DC2 campaign... Wow, i don't understand these people. Just let it go.

Reading some comments on n4g.com some people actually think this is being backed by SEGA, or they have inside people who believe that they are getting back into hardware... Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:59:42 pm by pirovash88 »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4780 on: December 21, 2015, 02:04:33 pm »
Just seen the news about a black actress being casted as Hermione in a play. She's white. Deal with it PC police.

My issue is that JK just did a poor job describing the character in the books, so when that door was open she just figured "fuck it" and went with it because it would get more of a reaction than just casting another white actress as Hermione and remaining consistent with what we saw in the movies, illustrations, video games, and even JK's own early sketches of the characters. Meanwhile, she clearly mentioned characters who were black in the books. So its not as though she was one to leave race ambiguous, asian, indian and black characters were clearly mentioned.

And no, I'm not against her casting a black actress in the play because of race, I'm against it for consistencies sake. If she wants strong black characters, instead of retconning them in because she failed at describing a character after 7 books she should create new strong black characters.

Offline Tad

« Reply #4781 on: December 21, 2015, 03:21:34 pm »
My issue is that JK just did a poor job describing the character in the books, so when that door was open she just figured "fuck it" and went with it because it would get more of a reaction than just casting another white actress as Hermione and remaining consistent with what we saw in the movies, illustrations, video games, and even JK's own early sketches of the characters. Meanwhile, she clearly mentioned characters who were black in the books. So its not as though she was one to leave race ambiguous, asian, indian and black characters were clearly mentioned.

And no, I'm not against her casting a black actress in the play because of race, I'm against it for consistencies sake. If she wants strong black characters, instead of retconning them in because she failed at describing a character after 7 books she should create new strong black characters.

Exactly! She's now come out and said she never described Hermione as white despite in PoA it clearly states Hermione is. During the time travelling she says: (I'm paraphrasing) Hermione's white face stuck out in the forbidden forest. JK is clearly just pleasing the PC types with this.

I couldn't give a hoot what colour who is, but as you said, you don't try and change it after its already happened like George Lucas does. At least with the dumbledore is gay remark it sort of made sense as he and Grindelward were known to be very close in their teens.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:23:44 pm by Tad »

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4782 on: December 21, 2015, 03:34:58 pm »
I don't like it when writers do that too. Rather than create more compelling black characters in comics, movies, etc. They just replace them with previously white character roles.

Offline Tad

« Reply #4783 on: December 21, 2015, 03:41:48 pm »
Yeah. I mean, look at Finn in Star Wars. I thought he did a great job.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4784 on: December 22, 2015, 09:58:47 am »
I finally made up my mind. I'm gonna get a Playstation 4 for Christmas. Why, you ask?

Reason Number 1: Most of my friends are going to get one;
Reason Number 2: As of right now, the Playstation 4 exclusives are far more appealing;
Reason Number 3: To the same argument, most of the major third-party titles will be out on Xbox One and PS4 all the same;
Reason Number 4: Retrocompatibility was a good move for Microsoft, but really if you can keep your Xbox 360 around there's no real need to wait around for Microsoft to update the compatibility list for Xbox One;
Reason Number 5: It's water under the bridge, but MS really made a first bad impression on their E3 reveal for the Xbox One;