Author Topic: Steam presents SEGA weekend  (Read 4863 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Steam presents SEGA weekend
« on: September 22, 2011, 09:30:32 pm »
I think you'd be crazy not buying some stuff over there now. Don't MISS IT!!
Today's the first day with offers like:

Dreamcast collection for $2,50 O_o. Alpha protcocol for $2,-,

CHECK OUT THE GREAT DEALS NOW!!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/SEGAWEEKEND2011

This is actually the first time i'll be experiencing space channel 5.... :$

Edit:

Warning: I just found out that The dreamcast collection is actually an awful port. I had to friggin edit some .ini files to go fullscreen. It's a common problem as I found the solution by googling.

Now it's not detecting my 360 controller yet it does work with the game, but it still displays keyboard keys instead. -_-. Oh SEGA

Edit:

Ah it's doable I see. You only need the key pads and 2 buttons anyway
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:23:35 am by CrazyTails »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Steam presents SEGA weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 03:45:35 am »
I already played most of the titles on console. But Alpha Protocol is worth your $2 bucks.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:36:53 am »
I bought alpha protocol as well at the same time hehe. Yeah it's worth it, gonna try that out later.

Just a little note about the dreamcast collection. All 3 of space channel, sonic dx and bass fishing's configurations don't save when you adjust them before startup, except for crazy taxi(the only decent port). Changing to fullscreen and saving after adjusting the settings does nothing without a workaround lol. So silly
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:00:31 am by CrazyTails »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:30:07 am »
It's pretty ridiculous that you have to edit the files to get the games to save, but the PC version of SP5: Part 2 is pretty solid once you get past those bits. It looks pretty nice in HD on a widescreen monitor.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 10:34:51 am »
Almost all SEGA games are priced off on Steam, not just the ones listed on that page.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 01:40:43 pm »
It's pretty ridiculous that you have to edit the files to get the games to save, but the PC version of SP5: Part 2 is pretty solid once you get past those bits. It looks pretty nice in HD on a widescreen monitor.
Lol It's rediculous indeed. I seriously feel bad for the people buying the collection not knowing how to adress the problem. Yes they're all pretty solid after the workaround.. but damn. 
I found out if you change the Resolution code into the third option, you will get a proper full screen instead of wide. This is especially handy wth sonic adventure DX, which gets smalled and centered out with the standard resolution(like the xbla version). What you basically do is change the resolution number from 4 to 3 in the config.ini file. I actually recommend this for every game

Well anyway I played space channel 5 for the first time in my life and I seriously feel bad overlooking this title. Actually we all did at home and it seems we judged too quick. This game is awesome. I am very surprised :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:49:55 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 02:29:19 pm »
Well anyway I played space channel 5 for the first time in my life and I seriously feel bad overlooking this title. Actually we all did at home and it seems we judged too quick. This game is awesome. I am very surprised :)
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. It's one of my favourite games of all-time. Shoddy port aside, I think it's great that new people are getting the chance to enjoy it :D.

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 09:14:43 am »
What you basically do is change the resolution number from 4 to 3 in the config.ini file. I actually recommend this for every game
Changing the resolution from 4 to 3 means you're changing from 1280x720 (16:9) to 1024x768 (4:3). When playing in fullscreen in a widescreen monitor, the image is usually stretched to fit the widescreen.
In the case of Sonic Adventure, changing from 4 to 3 is good to avoid the purple borders, but for the other games, the 4th option is possibly the better option.

About the issues with the configuration application, looks like it only happens with the Steam version of the game, with the version available in other digital distribution stores (Direct2Drive, Gamersgate), looks like the config works fine.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:19:05 am by ezodagrom »

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 09:37:13 am »
That's a pretty damn good sale. But I already own most of those games on other platforms. I passed the sale link on to my friends on facebook. Supporting SEGA is our duty. ;)

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 07:13:23 pm »
Liking AP so far : D, and just grabbed SP 5: P2. CrazyTails, what is your Steam?

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 12:00:43 am »
I just pmed you but i figured if anyone else want to add me, my steam account is jaouadinhoo

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 05:17:15 am »
What's this file I need to edit to make Space Channel 5 save? Too lazy to google, should probably install the game too. Just loving AP too much to play anything else right now, makes me kind of sad that I know Sega won't be doing a sequel.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 05:46:44 am »
Well i'll try to explain this as accurate as possible. I assume everyone's got windows Vista or 7 nowdays so if you got XP, the method might be slightly different, as some document files are saved elsewhere.

What you do is first is go to the directory of where all steam games are located. Which is at:

(Unless you use a different partition it will be located at) "C:\programfiles\steam\steamapps\common\space channel 5 part 2"

In that folder you will find a config.ini file. Before you edit the file you have to copy it to a different folder. So what you do is copy the config.ini file to "[Your Username]\documents\SEGA\space channel 5 part 2" folder

In my case the space channel 5 part 2 folder wasn't there yet. You can create that folder yourself if that's the case. Possibly the SEGA folder won't be there either. If that's the case create that as well.

Now after you copy the config.ini file to the folder, you open it with notepad(I reccomend downloading notepad++ which makes it more arranged). Search for the full_screen=0 code and change it to full_screen=1, basically switching on the fullscreen option.

Since the config.ini file is now at the right place, it will now also save your progress.

Well good luck, i hope it works out.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:04:02 am by CrazyTails »

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 04:20:18 pm »
Easy enough, thanks!