Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723220 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1500 on: July 05, 2011, 09:53:52 am »
I had one pretty hard boss battle in Chapter 12 of Final Fantasy 13, but the one immediately after that...

Here's this GIF to ilustrate the MFW:

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:55:33 am by max_cady »

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1501 on: July 10, 2011, 04:23:47 am »
Finished Half-Life, onto Half-Life 2, decided to skip the HL expansions; Game has aged too poorly.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1502 on: July 11, 2011, 03:24:14 pm »

Another cheap boss that I have to get through in Final Fantasy XIII, just as Chapter 12 is finally coming to a close.

And I did a few rounds of Spiral Knights. It's starting to grow on me.

Offline Snowcat

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #1503 on: July 13, 2011, 04:37:25 am »
I really enjoyed FF 13, in fact Ive giving myself a break from it right now because I felt like id been playing it forever, Ive been trying to upgrade my weapons to the max, its pretty fun but the Adamantoise are a bitch to kill!

Right now Im playing Dead to Rights Retribution, I started playing this a while back and thought I should complete it.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #1504 on: July 13, 2011, 11:11:34 am »
Been playing everything on this:

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #1505 on: July 13, 2011, 03:43:46 pm »
I've been playing Heavy Rain, and I am having a excellent time with it!
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #1506 on: July 13, 2011, 08:33:49 pm »
Got Shadows of the damned through Gamefly. I thought the game was just popular through word of mouth. I had no clue Shinji Miami and Suda 51 were behind it!

EA, how can you have two huge names like that and not market it?!
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1507 on: July 14, 2011, 03:31:02 am »
Got Shadows of the damned through Gamefly. I thought the game was just popular through word of mouth. I had no clue Shinji Miami and Suda 51 were behind it!

EA, how can you have two huge names like that and not market it?!

Because it wouldn't sell, or they would need to pump more money into the advertising budget it than it's worth to get any increase in sales. The game is a niche title through and through with it's warped humour and bizarre stylings.

I've been playing Super Street Fighter IV: AE. Pretty good, but I don't like most of the new characters. Might try picking up Evil Ryu for the hell of it though.

Also just finished Beneath a Steel Sky. Really good adventure game, but not quite as good as I was expecting. I think it doesn't quite match LucasArt's finest (Monkey Island, Grim Fandango), but still really well worth playing, especially since it's free on GOG.com.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #1508 on: July 14, 2011, 04:40:50 pm »
So if a game 'won't sell' , its good to ignore it?

They didn't even show the game at their conference, they basically ignored it as much as possible. That is why EA is in debt. That and buying Popcap for over a billion dollars.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #1509 on: July 14, 2011, 08:59:27 pm »
Also just finished Beneath a Steel Sky. Really good adventure game, but not quite as good as I was expecting. I think it doesn't quite match LucasArt's finest (Monkey Island, Grim Fandango), but still really well worth playing, especially since it's free on GOG.com.

How long did it take you to beat BSS? Been looking for another solid Adventure game.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1510 on: July 16, 2011, 01:01:19 pm »
Final Fantasy 13, once again.

After finally taking out an annoying Chapter 12 boss(another endurance round), I am now at literally the last stage of the game. So I'm now I'm gonna level grind like there's no tommorrow.

I'm once again in Gran Pulse, glad to see that now I take out almost all of the major monsters roaming around. Farming CP as much as possible.

Gettin' ready for the final showdown.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #1511 on: July 16, 2011, 09:44:42 pm »
Universe at War is on sale for $5 on Steam today, Sega published, decent reviews: http://store.steampowered.com/app/10430/

Offline Snowcat

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #1512 on: July 17, 2011, 03:29:11 am »
I just fixed my PSP so Ive playing Leagcy of Kain: Soul Reaver again

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1513 on: July 17, 2011, 05:56:13 pm »

I'm engaged in another Crystarium Points farming frenzy in Final Fantasy 13. Basically just hanging around in Gran Pulse doing a lot of side-missions while I level grind and even take the time to build up other character classes, Vanille is powerful enough to already be Commando. I'm hoping to build up Hope as a Saboteur.

So far, I've been able to take out a lot of these bosses, yet, the A class missions are the ones that are a pain. Still haven't cleared a single one.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1514 on: July 21, 2011, 03:19:01 pm »
@Max_Cady:
Nice to hear you're getting so much playtime out of FFXIII. I never really messed with Vanille too much myself. I pretty much stuck with Lightning-Fang-Hope as my team throughout the game. Fang's a pretty solid Sentinel and balances the other two out nicely. The Sentinel-Medic-Medic class was a lifesaver in a lot of boss fights.

I've been playing Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit lately. The price finally dropped, so I picked it up. It's pretty addicting. After pretty much every race, I'm unlocking something new.