Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723190 times)

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1545 on: September 02, 2011, 03:37:30 pm »
Been busy, so I haven't played much home console stuff.

I saw 'home console' and read 'homo console' and wondered to myself what a homosexual console was like for just a brief second.

I actually got it for €45. Yeah I know, crazy. I usually don't do that either but it's one of those games that are worth even the 50 buck. Weekend's up so I hope I can put more time into it.

Last weekend there was a 75% discount for borderlands on steam making it 5 bucks. I gotta say the game is surpringly good as well. It's like a first person diablo 2.

Yeah I know, I am just an utter cheapskate. You are on Steam though? Do you play TF 2? You should join me for some matches if you do.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1546 on: September 03, 2011, 08:59:32 am »
I saw 'home console' and read 'homo console' and wondered to myself what a homosexual console was like for just a brief second.

Perhaps the 32X? On top of the Genesis, inserting itself into the cartridge slot... yeah, definitely the 32X. Model 1 SEGA CD would be underneath making it a threesome, a model 2 SEGA CD would be off to the side just watching.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1547 on: September 03, 2011, 09:23:59 am »
Perhaps the 32X? On top of the Genesis, inserting itself into the cartridge slot... yeah, definitely the 32X. Model 1 SEGA CD would be underneath making it a threesome, a model 2 SEGA CD would be off to the side just watching.
Add some Sonic & Knuckles lock on cartrige action, and you're all set.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1548 on: September 03, 2011, 09:29:30 am »
The Genesis is such a slut!

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1549 on: September 03, 2011, 09:55:02 am »
Well, Genesis does what Ninten-don't after all.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #1550 on: September 04, 2011, 03:32:43 am »
The Genesis is such a slut!

This thread turned into comedy fucking gold in my absence, thank you SOUP and Barry.

P.S. Barry I used that as my FB status update, no worries, used quotes and gave full credit fine sir.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1551 on: September 04, 2011, 07:38:16 am »
No problem sir :).

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1552 on: September 04, 2011, 05:14:12 pm »

I dug up my old basement trunk and found an old copy of Sonic 06 for the 360. Is still as bad as ever.

Yes, it is. I just started playing the very first stage and already I lost two lives in the very first segment.
Then I finished the level non-stop, even the speedy parts.

I noticed something, more often than not, the game sorta feels like it's playing by itself. When I do those loops, the game just sorta requires minimal input from you.

A lot of the glitches are triggered in some parts only because when you are doing a loop or speeding, in those parts don't bother touching th controller and just stare as soon as it's over start inputting a command and presto, problem solved.

Though, one thing's for certain, playing this game is like being on a cinema complex watchin' a bad movie, more often than not, you think to yourself: "What the f*** am I doing with my life?"

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1553 on: September 06, 2011, 08:07:51 am »
I've made a decent amount of progress in Infamous 2. I think I'll be on the second island as of my next story mission.

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #1554 on: September 10, 2011, 02:43:52 am »
Cosmic Smash and Starfox 64 3D.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1555 on: September 10, 2011, 08:34:01 pm »

I dug up my old basement trunk and found an old copy of Sonic 06 for the 360. Is still as bad as ever.

Yes, it is. I just started playing the very first stage and already I lost two lives in the very first segment.
Then I finished the level non-stop, even the speedy parts.

I noticed something, more often than not, the game sorta feels like it's playing by itself. When I do those loops, the game just sorta requires minimal input from you.

A lot of the glitches are triggered in some parts only because when you are doing a loop or speeding, in those parts don't bother touching th controller and just stare as soon as it's over start inputting a command and presto, problem solved.

Though, one thing's for certain, playing this game is like being on a cinema complex watchin' a bad movie, more often than not, you think to yourself: "What the f*** am I doing with my life?"

HA! In complete agreement. I booted up '06 recently to play the stage featured in Generations (yet to be officially announced, so I won't spoil it here). The game played like complete ass. I just cannot agree with people who say "y'know, despite the warts it's a fun game!". No. It is a terrible game, and this is coming from a huge Sonic fan. Even my biased love does not make me find goodness to '06.

Yeah, it is the video game equivalent of a Mystery Science Theater movie. You keep asking yourself why you are waisting your time with it, but you can't stop thanks to how hilarious it is in its awfulness.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1556 on: September 11, 2011, 11:28:46 pm »
Lots of gaming progress made today.
I beat Batman: The Brave and the Bold on the DS (it's pretty short), and I finished off the main story in Infamous 2. I'll probably beat all the side missions and get the few blast shards I'm missing before moving onto Resistance 3, or LittleBigPlanet 2.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #1557 on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:37 am »
I have been playing Nights into Dreams on PCSX2 just recently, it looks gorgeous. Tried to play some Skies of Arcadia Legends but it has rough audio in Dolphin, so now I am gonna play FF12. What else? Team Fortress 2, but I really need to get around to finishing Half Life 2.....

It's just I hate scary crap and Ravenholm makes me shit my drawers.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1558 on: September 12, 2011, 05:32:27 am »
@Barry

I remember being very angry after finishing the game way back in 2006. It was a very low point in the Sonic franchise and it also happenned in a very low point in my own life.

But 3 years later, I'm replaying the game, but I'm now doing it with a completely dettached and calm mindest. Here's the funny thing: the game's really not as broken as I remembered, but everything about it is like you and I said, it's like watching a really bad movie, except that today, I've now gone into that "Plan 9 from Outer Space" mood and it pays off.

From over-dramatic acting to some very absurd lines, I mean seriously, how can you not find the following line hilarious...especially when taken out of context...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1559 on: September 12, 2011, 08:54:44 am »
The Silver stages were actually the most "fun" (fun in quotes because it isn't truly fun, but it is one of the better portions of the game) because you don't have to deal with the horrible controls/physics when moving at high speeds thanks to Silver being an intentionally slow moving character. Sonic or Shadow were just so unpredictable. Either things would be completely scripted and out of your hands, or you had to move the stick in very exact ways in order to clear a loop or run on a wall.

All in all, Crisis City was my favorite Sonic stage up until the high speed segment. Wave Ocean is a close second, again up until the awful high speed segment.