Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723209 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1995 on: January 07, 2013, 06:32:21 am »

I am playing the Wii remake. (IR controls are awesome)

Absolutely loving it! It reminds me of Fantasy Zone in appearance (cute on the outside, so brutal on the inside).

I absolutely suck at this game...I can't get much money to pay the debt vs the days but I enjoy how I am progressing day by day in the game....but the dungeons are way too brutal for me...

I had 80+ Pikmin and had to retreat by the second floor as some enemies managed to sneak past me gradually eating every one of my Pikmin. :(

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:46:58 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1996 on: January 08, 2013, 06:03:33 pm »
Oh, Earth Defense Force 2017, how could I have sold you in the first place?

You are that simple, fun action game that I desperately needed.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1997 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:31 am »
Sonic Rush Adventure on the 3DS

Anarchy Reigns on the 360

8)

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1998 on: January 12, 2013, 07:49:56 pm »
Played 3 stages of The House of the Dead: Overkill at a friend's house. So much profanity!

Almost done with EDF 2017. Hard Mode is a b****. There's two missions left. Both of 'em are buttf****ng hard! The most shocking thing about the game? There are two other modes: Hardest and Inferno.

Hard Mode, when you think about it, is not that hard. The bugs simply take more hits to kill, but they appear in larger numbers. If they swarm you chances are it's an automatic "Mission Failed". Rockets that fire multiple targets is mandatory! When in close range, either equip the best assault rifle or resort to shotguns. In some stages, the shotgun gets better results at close range. You have to experiment in order to get results.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #1999 on: January 14, 2013, 06:40:00 pm »
Pulled an all nighter in Skyrim. I love that game!
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #2000 on: January 14, 2013, 06:46:51 pm »
Also, I forgot to mention that while I was rather skeptical on Sonic all stars racing transformed, I need to buy it now for the PS3. I love the dynamics of the ever changing levels but even in the demo last night, the boost stages before your timer expires is hard as hell! Looks great in the visual department and the level themes are spot on! I may be late to the party but come payday after taking care of bills and supply orders, this game will be mine...
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2001 on: January 14, 2013, 10:36:36 pm »
Just downloaded megaman 9 and 10 off PS Plus, if i ever get time to play games.. I'll play them a bit.. lol >.> argggh busy busy busy

Also, I forgot to mention that while I was rather skeptical on Sonic all stars racing transformed, I need to buy it now for the PS3. I love the dynamics of the ever changing levels but even in the demo last night, the boost stages before your timer expires is hard as hell! Looks great in the visual department and the level themes are spot on! I may be late to the party but come payday after taking care of bills and supply orders, this game will be mine...

game is awesome.. you should play it!

I am playing the Wii remake. (IR controls are awesome)

Absolutely loving it! It reminds me of Fantasy Zone in appearance (cute on the outside, so brutal on the inside).

I absolutely suck at this game...I can't get much money to pay the debt vs the days but I enjoy how I am progressing day by day in the game....but the dungeons are way too brutal for me...

I had 80+ Pikmin and had to retreat by the second floor as some enemies managed to sneak past me gradually eating every one of my Pikmin. :(

been meaning to get pikmin 2 on wii, maybe later this year... I enjoy the first one for the most part though, hate the timer.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:38:30 pm by Will »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2002 on: January 15, 2013, 11:25:59 am »

I started Saints Row 2 yesterday and I've been playin' it a lot. It's hard to judge at this point but one thing that I feel is a huge plus is the fact that you can costumize your character from the get-go with an insane amount of options. I chose to play as an asian girl and I've done a couple of side missions. I should have more on this tomorrow.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #2003 on: January 15, 2013, 11:46:51 am »

I started Saints Row 2 yesterday and I've been playin' it a lot. It's hard to judge at this point but one thing that I feel is a huge plus is the fact that you can costumize your character from the get-go with an insane amount of options. I chose to play as an asian girl and I've done a couple of side missions. I should have more on this tomorrow.

Love that game. I dig on Saint's Row: The Third, but 2 is the best in my opinion. I totally agree with you on the options. I've made my character look like Joan Jett, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, and myself. It's so much fun. The story mode is a bit more involved here than with Saint's Row: The Third, and I feel there's more variety in missons and such.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline JuMeSyn

• Total Meseta: 2
  • The Wanderer
« Reply #2004 on: January 15, 2013, 09:19:41 pm »
Right now:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Metal Gear HD Collection (PS3)
Grandia 2 (DC)
Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS3)

Finding it hard to have time for them all.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2005 on: January 16, 2013, 05:23:08 am »
SEG4GES

Offline JuMeSyn

• The Wanderer
« Reply #2006 on: January 16, 2013, 06:37:10 am »
I have some retro blood in my veins ;D I still haven't finished it, and I have the game for at least 7 years. But during my Master's degree I had few or no time.
Now that I have a MSc, and I still haven't found a job, time is no longer a problem. :P

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2007 on: January 16, 2013, 06:51:51 am »
I remember my first day with grandia 2. I was so wowed cuz it was nothing i played before at the time. The Jrpg's I knew were mostly simple turnbased or final fantasy alike with a timer. But nothing like this.

I Stayed up all night and after I slept and woke up, I started again right soon after. I miss those type of games allthough I recently had that with mass effect 1 as well. I have now started with 2, but i dunno what to think so far. It's so different

And yes welcome to the forums!

Offline JuMeSyn

• The Wanderer
« Reply #2008 on: January 16, 2013, 09:01:01 am »

The thing I love the most about Grandia II is the battle system. Well thought, well executed, and really addicting. However, the game is quite easy once you have managed to master the same battle system and get used to skill/egg/book techniques.

I am really enjoying the game. However, it is not the best RPG I have played on the Dreamcast. The prize goes to Skies of Arcadia.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #2009 on: January 16, 2013, 05:35:12 pm »
I haven't played Grandia 2 yeat, but I have it on Dreamcast.  I was trying to play through Grandia 1 on PSP first, but I got stuck.  Should I just skip it?

Right now I've ben playing Transformed, Anarchy Reigns and Simpsons Tapped OUt on iPad.