Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723229 times)

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2040 on: April 21, 2013, 02:09:22 pm »
I turned on the Wii today.  I thought I might see if Joey (about a year and a half old) might like Wii Sports.  By the time I got a controller that worked synched up, he didn't care.  I was bored trying to show him Wii Tennis for a while and he was paging through a spiral notebook next to the couch.  Now as I type this he took my phone and is playing Sonic Dash.  I don't think he likes console gaming.  At least not yet.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #2041 on: April 21, 2013, 04:18:33 pm »
I turned on the Wii today.  I thought I might see if Joey (about a year and a half old) might like Wii Sports.  By the time I got a controller that worked synched up, he didn't care.  I was bored trying to show him Wii Tennis for a while and he was paging through a spiral notebook next to the couch.  Now as I type this he took my phone and is playing Sonic Dash.  I don't think he likes console gaming.  At least not yet.

That, or the kid just has taste. ;)
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #2042 on: April 21, 2013, 04:30:20 pm »
He's not quite ready for a controller yet, so I thought the Wii might be better for him, but he was totally un-interested.

Myself, I'm playing Magic Knight Rayearth.  I love 32 bit Sega RPG's.  This one is strange.  The leveling up seems like it's arbitrary or they don't explain how or why it happens.  Also the combat is uneven.  You will always want to plat Fuu with the bow and arrow.  Getting near the end I think.  Then I want to start on Shining Force 1, 2, CD and 3 ep1.  (I wish they would translate the other episodes and put them on XBLA or something).  I've played 3 before, but none of the others.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:44:08 pm by Emmett The Crab »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2043 on: April 22, 2013, 01:47:25 pm »
Picked Alpha Protocol up for $5, pretty fun game! I totally see the flaws, but for $5 it's pretty fun. I especially like how the conversations influence the story.

Also playing Sonic Colors DS, picked it up new last week.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2044 on: April 23, 2013, 08:14:40 am »
Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Although I suck on the "hardcore" mode which fans say you need to play or else "it doesn't feel like Fire Emblem".

I call bullshit on that since Valkyria plays fine without perma deaths...or at least toned down in the first game to make it enjoyable.

I maybe a wimp, but I want to enjoy my games rather then not have fun by repeatedly resetting because some enemy gets lucky with a Critical (which can happen at 1%).
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #2045 on: April 25, 2013, 12:47:57 pm »
Mass effect 3 and loving it!
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2046 on: April 25, 2013, 01:09:56 pm »
Lots!

Sonic Colors DS, Alpha Protocol on the 360, and HotD Overkill on my iPhone.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2047 on: April 26, 2013, 06:04:23 am »
I am trying to play HOTD: Overkill (runs well on the ZTE to my atonishment) but I keep getting a pop-up error that states that my license is missing(which is utter bs).

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #2048 on: April 27, 2013, 12:55:42 am »
I am trying to play HOTD: Overkill (runs well on the ZTE to my atonishment) but I keep getting a pop-up error that states that my license is missing(which is utter bs).

It is that issue that annoys me with Android gaming. I have the same issue with simply playing Bejeweled 2.

Annoying license checks on just about every game I've bought from Google Play on my old Galaxy Nexus. If I'm on a flight, I'm screwed...
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Ravenfreak

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Haters gonna hate
« Reply #2049 on: April 29, 2013, 12:02:08 am »
I've been playing Injustice: Gods Among Us, though i'm still not done with story mode. My girlfriend has already finished the game on story mode, so I know what happens but meh. I've been switching between battle mode and story mode, which is the main reason why I haven't finished story mode yet. xD Also could you guess who my favorite character is? :P

Offline FourCartridge

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2050 on: April 29, 2013, 12:10:55 am »
I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles lately. Right now I'm stuck on the ambush level, as Welkin & Alicia are Scouts and can't defend themselves when the Shocktrooper takes aim at them. The battles are really fun, though I admit the cutscenes drag out after a while.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2051 on: April 29, 2013, 07:59:40 am »
Finished Awakening. Contrary to popular belief, the NOE localisation has a lot of rude words in there.

"Bastard", "Piss" and "Arse" are just a few I came across in the game.

The best one is from Bastillo (one of the Khans), as he says "They can kiss my big brown (whatever race he is) arse!", and he says it in the end credits too "I bet my sweet brown arse".

I was like...."WTF?!? SWEARING IN A 12+ GAME!?! D:"

Overall, the story was boring....the grinding was boring too...it really is the permadeath that saves this game (since it's the challenge and USP of the game).

After playing Radiant Dawn's more interesting second half of the story, I was disappointed overall with Awakening (and can see this game NOT becoming rare because of it being more accessable to new gamers)...since the pairing up feature doesn't really help you level up weaker units, but you have no choice but to not use them since the AI ALWAYS goes after the mages/healers due to their low HP/DEF....

I think Radiant Dawn is better despite being more unforgiving in regards to stuff like your MC being a mage herself and the likelihood of losing at least ONE character on a End of Part (1, 2 or 3) map.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #2052 on: April 29, 2013, 03:57:59 pm »
Today, I finally caved in and fired up Black Ops II.

I haven't played a CoD game since Modern Warfare years ago. Boy am I getting my ass kicked...  :o

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2053 on: May 01, 2013, 08:09:05 am »
Sacred Stones now...and it feels much more fluid and tactical then Awakening.

The AI is acceptable on easy mode (I suck at SRPGs that aren't Valkyria), but taking your time not to die is pretty much an better way to win...although being cheated out by silly A.I on occasion makes me rage so hard (still based on the shitty RNG/Luck Aspect)....I got lucky to beat Chapter 5 because my Valkyrie had 1HP left after two blows from an Axe Weilder. >:\ (Lance Beats Axes...so why is mine missing and theirs hitting at 33%? Bullshit)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:16:59 am by Nameless 24 »

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #2054 on: May 03, 2013, 07:26:53 pm »
Finished Awakening. Contrary to popular belief, the NOE localisation has a lot of rude words in there.

"Bastard", "Piss" and "Arse" are just a few I came across in the game.

The best one is from Bastillo (one of the Khans), as he says "They can kiss my big brown (whatever race he is) arse!", and he says it in the end credits too "I bet my sweet brown arse".

Well that's something.