Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723212 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2100 on: June 22, 2013, 07:16:54 pm »
I have been playing Super Meat Boy, Counter-Strike: GO because they are part of the Trading Cards Beta. Also tried the single player of Company of Heroes 2. Jeesh, bro, that game has a good soundtrack.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2101 on: June 23, 2013, 12:06:41 pm »
The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes

How is this not an XBLA/PSN game? I finished up a chunck of what appeared to be the first act of the game. The stages are actually pretty short, but really all of them:
-Jedi: "Precision" platforming and ocassional lightsaber battles;
-Clone Troopers: Shooting gallery;

I say precision because basically it's all automatic, you can jump onto most platforms regardless of how high or how far you seem to jump, however, for the most part is automated. Think Prince of Persia but even more concescending.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2102 on: June 23, 2013, 01:17:29 pm »
I beat Tales of Graces future arc last night. after a whole year or longer of staying away from it

decided to just bite the bullet and switch it to easy mode. I just wanted to see the story and stood no chance of being able to beat it on normal mode, i suck i guess

oh well, now i can start playing the game again, ill go with normal mode again and see if i can do any better. i beat the main game on normal mode somehow, it was the future arc that was impossible for me on normal.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2103 on: June 23, 2013, 01:50:35 pm »
Metal Gear Solid 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, World Cup 2010
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2104 on: June 23, 2013, 04:16:40 pm »
Nothing much... Finally finished the last missions of Saint's Row 2. Those helicopter scenes were the hardest out of all of 'em.

Did a couple of Rayman Origins stages to get more Electoons.

Been playin' Infinite Dunanis on my smartphone. Only one of Kemco's various JRPGs that they've been releasin' on iOS and Android every month.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2105 on: June 23, 2013, 04:52:16 pm »
Started new game + on Tales of Graces, enjoying every second of it! :)

I think I got the combat system down pretty well, doing really good on normal, don't wanna switch to hard right now. I think once I get the adult story i'll start tripping up again, the whole artes thing seems to confuse me i guess.

got a trophy for beating Bryce in 60 seconds or under

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2106 on: June 23, 2013, 05:18:37 pm »
You should really consider putting it on moderate shadi (the difficulty between normal and hard), because it takes a long while before the game becomes challenging for normal. The reason I had switched initially was because normal was so easy, that it didn't even give me the chance to learn the ins and out of the mechanics. If you wonder why the monsters have been dying so soon, this is the reason lol. A great thing about the game is that putting the difficulty higher actually rewards you more after battles.

It's indeed a very great game

Anyway. Have been playing bioshock lately. This game is scaring the sh** out of me. But as soon as you learn that you shouldn't let yourself get intimidated, the game actually isn't that hard.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:20:28 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2107 on: June 23, 2013, 05:58:56 pm »
You should really consider putting it on moderate shadi (the difficulty between normal and hard), because it takes a long while before the game becomes challenging for normal. The reason I had switched initially was because normal was so easy, that it didn't even give me the chance to learn the ins and out of the mechanics. If you wonder why the monsters have been dying so soon, this is the reason lol. A great thing about the game is that putting the difficulty higher actually rewards you more after battles.

It's indeed a very great game

Anyway. Have been playing bioshock lately. This game is scaring the sh** out of me. But as soon as you learn that you shouldn't let yourself get intimidated, the game actually isn't that hard.

Well ive already played it before, but i wanted to do new game+ cause im in the mood for it again, havent played it in a while. I'll try switching it to Moderate, maybe it will help me learn the combat system better later on in the game. Normal does seem way too easy at the moment.

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2108 on: June 23, 2013, 06:13:04 pm »
Just finished playing an hour of Dynamite Cop on Dreamcast and a little Earthworm Jim 2 on Sega Saturn.  Taking a break and munching on some boneless KFC Chicken.  Yum.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #2109 on: June 24, 2013, 10:15:10 am »

Real Sound by the late great Kenji Eno for the Saturn. Can't really play it, since I don't speak Japanese. But I did pop the disc in and give the game a listen (the game was made for the blind, so no visuals at all. Not even intro credits or logos). Very relaxing stuff! Story is about two school kids who fall in love. Lots of bird sounds and people talking. Game itself came with photos of cards and a packet of seeds.

Sports Jam for Dreamcast. Developed by WOW Entertainment but released in the US by Agetec. Why the heck didn't SEGA publish their own game for the Dreamcast??? Fun little arcade-style mini game title, very much reminds me of the Mario & Sonic games. Almost wonder if this is where the M&S team got their ideas from.

Probably same team...Virtua Athlete was also made by WOW.

I think Sega put all their Sports developers except Tennis on Mario and Sonic

Offline George

« Reply #2110 on: June 24, 2013, 05:07:29 pm »
I'm playing and enjoying Rochard so far. Its part of the weekly sale over at humblebundle. Best dollar I have ever spent.

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #2111 on: June 25, 2013, 04:27:12 am »
I'm playing and enjoying Rochard so far. Its part of the weekly sale over at humblebundle. Best dollar I have ever spent.

I told you it was a great game but I'm said you only spent a dollar on it :( It's worth more than that GEORGE!

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2112 on: June 25, 2013, 11:20:29 am »
Finishing up Gears of War III, can't wait to see how it concludes. Also been playing some RE3 on my Vita.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

« Reply #2113 on: June 25, 2013, 11:28:33 am »
I told you it was a great game but I'm said you only spent a dollar on it :( It's worth more than that GEORGE!
If it makes you feel better, I got 2 as gifts for more after I played it.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2114 on: June 25, 2013, 05:30:03 pm »
Just finished up Star Wars - The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes.

Put it on the shelf and moving on up to other stuff... Like The Amazing Spiderman!