Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723230 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2265 on: April 22, 2014, 09:39:11 am »
When you feel stressed, there's nothing like Deception IV that can soothe your pain by inflicting it on humans in the game.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2266 on: April 22, 2014, 09:47:53 am »
I finally wrapped up Sleeping Dogs, pretty awesome game.

I've been gaming on some Assassins Creed IV and Bioshock Infinite.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #2267 on: April 23, 2014, 03:00:31 am »
Rented Titanfall for 360. Absolutely LOVED it. Good timing as Amazon was a having a sale on the game for $36.99 and I snatched it up fast. Here's what I said about the game on NeoGAF.

"This is by far, BY.....FAR...the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played. So damn fun. Take Call of Duty, add parkour and double jumping, dumb enemy A.I.bots for newbs like me to rack up points with, then add a large mech after the first two minutes (not just as a reward for killstreak) jump in the mech and fell like a badass blowing away enemy soldiers on the ground like ants only to get into a one on one fight with another Titan mech. If you get him weak, rip off his arms or grab his pilot and toss him like a ragdoll! If your mech is about to blow, eject high into the sky! Wheee! Possibly land on the enemies Titan mech from the air and shoot at it's head until you blow him up! Revenge!!

So much fun in this game even for newbs. Even on my worst matches, I had tons of fun. I love when my team loses (never thought I'd say that) and it's "Get to da choppa!" time. I've only made it once so far, but it felt so satisfying jumping into the helicopter and shooting down the enemies that were trying to kill me while I was a sitting duck only to make the space jump at the end. This game makes losing fun.

Well, I saw the Amazon sale and jumped on it as fast as I could. Can't wait for my day off (Thursday) and marathon this game.

I will agree with Angry Joe that the campaign mode is a joke and they should either do a full single player campaign to flesh out the story or just dump it all together and offer the game at a slightly cheaper price as a strong, MP only experience."
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2268 on: April 24, 2014, 02:57:06 am »
Broken Sword 5: Serpent's Curse

So far so good. I've played it for a couple of hours. Really brings back memories, especially since the Director's Cut game left a bad taste in my mouth. The puzzles are accessible enough to figure outwithout using their built-in hint system.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2269 on: May 05, 2014, 04:00:06 pm »
Recently finished Legend of Zelda: Linke between worlds. If you read this Inthesky, I can see what you mean now. The freedom you have to pick yourself which parts you're gonna explore and do the dungeons in your own order is a brilliant one. My concern for the challenge was true though if I have to go by what my brother said. Because he finished it before I did, which is why I had the novelty of being able to play it on hero mode. I think i've been very fortunate because I feel like i've been playing the "real" game. What I mean by that is that I cannot imagine the game is as good as i've xperienced it on the regular mode. The struggles really added to my experience. 

I think they should keep the freedom in future installments. I liked that the order was dependent also on the sections before entering the dungeons. Because for example the ice temple was hardest to get to so while I had the freedom to get there, I still decided to go there last untill I was better equiped. If they expand on this idea it'd be amazing

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2270 on: May 06, 2014, 02:19:43 am »
Final Fantasy IV on my tablet right now.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2271 on: May 06, 2014, 10:02:44 am »
I just finished up Bioshock Infinite, what a great game.

I'll probably finish up Assassins Creed IV and start up Dead Space 3 afterwards.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2272 on: May 06, 2014, 01:51:55 pm »
Recently finished Legend of Zelda: Linke between worlds. If you read this Inthesky, I can see what you mean now. The freedom you have to pick yourself which parts you're gonna explore and do the dungeons in your own order is a brilliant one. My concern for the challenge was true though if I have to go by what my brother said. Because he finished it before I did, which is why I had the novelty of being able to play it on hero mode. I think i've been very fortunate because I feel like i've been playing the "real" game. What I mean by that is that I cannot imagine the game is as good as i've xperienced it on the regular mode. The struggles really added to my experience. 

I think they should keep the freedom in future installments. I liked that the order was dependent also on the sections before entering the dungeons. Because for example the ice temple was hardest to get to so while I had the freedom to get there, I still decided to go there last untill I was better equiped. If they expand on this idea it'd be amazing

I think dungeon order is something they should be looser with too. In Ocarina of Time I was hellbent on beating the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple and did just that. It's probably for the better that you beat it on Hero Mode as your first experience.

In any case it seems like there's a decent chance they'll revisit the pseudo top down look in the future. While the game didn't blow me away like it seemed for most everyone else, I did enjoy it and there are some cool things I hope to see later.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2273 on: May 07, 2014, 06:01:38 am »
Broken Sword 5: Serpent's Curse(PC) - Almost done with it!
Final Fantasy IV (Android Tablet) - Going through a tough dungeon right now. With Cecil, the summoner and the Bard character.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2274 on: May 22, 2014, 07:40:25 am »
I think dungeon order is something they should be looser with too. In Ocarina of Time I was hellbent on beating the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple and did just that. It's probably for the better that you beat it on Hero Mode as your first experience.

In any case it seems like there's a decent chance they'll revisit the pseudo top down look in the future. While the game didn't blow me away like it seemed for most everyone else, I did enjoy it and there are some cool things I hope to see later.
There are pros and cons to the structure but I think link between worlds didn't really do anything significant with it. I think they should keep the freedom but emphasize on the difficulty of the path and dungeons to tell you whether it's a good idea to get there or not. Link between worlds felt more consistent(with a few exceptions) in the difficulties which I didn't like a lot because I like to be rewarded for my experience instead of feeling too powerful at one point whereas everything stays the same. Hero mode was at least quite challenging.

---

So I finally finished Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3D) after putting it aside for more than a year. Gotta say the ending was really awesome. I think the game dragged on a bit and the whole creature nurturing ala pokemon got a little tedious at some point. But the game has a key plot that connects KH2 and 3 I think. So i'm glad that i'll take that with me for when I get one of the consoles with KH3

Just got Fire emblem awakening recently. Let me see what the fuss is all about
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:05:58 am by CrazyT »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2275 on: May 22, 2014, 11:05:44 am »
Final Fantasy IV

I think Final Fantasy XII has spoiled the other JRPGs for me or maybe I'm just having JRPG fatigue right now. The thing is, FF IV is great RPG. No doubt about it. This DS remake runs like a charm on my tablet, OK voice-acting and such... But there are certain things about it that make it ubber dated.

Remember in Shining Force where you have to talk to someone in order to advance the plot? Kinda of annoying, right? Some of the cutscenes here offer little to no direction to where you have to go or even what to do next.

Also, random battle encounters go from not getting one for long periods of time to a boss battle every 2 steps. Not too crazy over the battle system either. Having to wait for the bar to fill up so you can execute an action is way too tiresome. Waiting for spells to being casted, all that stuff. It's taxing.

At 10 hours it really starts to drag but there are some things about it that I liked:

- No qualms about killing off characters, main characters that you think are going to stick around, they'll likely not last long, that includes kid characters too.
- Top notch visuals and graphics;
- Boss fights are smart, they put up a fight, there's ways to think about how to engage in combat but it' not like Lost Odyssey (only one way, do this specific thing to beat the boss)

Every time I play this game, I feel like going back to Alphadia Genesis.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2276 on: June 12, 2014, 10:11:37 am »

Sniper: Ghost Warrior

This game is the very definition of a mid-range title. It's not anywhere near the major quality of the big triple A titles, but it's competent enough to be a B or C-range game.

So this game's about a sniper called Srgt. Tyler Wells who is sent to a small island to basically murder the big shot terrorist / drug dealer dictator called Vasquez. Basically things go wrong and you have to do a ton of missions and snipe like Hell.

Voice acting for one is friggin' hilarious, especially the main character, who must have been played by a polish employee over at City Interactive trying to sound like an american tough guy. When I'm sneaking around the guards are always talking about the same things: Vasquez's girlfriend. I swear to God, I've heard this conversation in nearly every single stage in which I have to sneak around and do stealth kills and they loop.

Character models are OK-ish, but the ladies here, Jesus, they look like something out of an early PS1 game.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2277 on: June 22, 2014, 12:55:28 am »
been playing through Tales of Symphonia HD, im sick of the game to be honest. It's combat is fun, but it's just dragging on too long, and i dont know how many more puzzle dungeons i can take.

not sure how to say where i am in the game without giving away spoilers, but i'm near the end. Just got done destroying that guy with the cannon of sorts built onto his arm.

unless someone can convince me to play all the way though I think I'm just gonna watch the ending on youtube. I'm sick of this game. heh :)

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2278 on: June 22, 2014, 05:24:35 am »
I finished both tales of symphonia and the sequel dawn of the new world twice XD. I'm not sure if I could still do that. Maybe with how games advanced I would have feel the same as you now if I started playing it today. The bit where you are at may probably be the most tedious part. I forgot a lot about the game despite finishing them twice. May have to watch some lets play vids to refresh my memory a bit

I've been playing 2 games back to back lately. Mass effect 3 and The legend of Zelda: Minish cap.

Minish cap started out really simple and worse than other Zelda games, but it has got really good after around the middle. Mass effect 3 is more of a shooter than the previous games so far, which were more RPG. I'm not sure if I like that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:26:52 am by CrazyT »

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #2279 on: June 22, 2014, 06:47:01 am »
Just beat Goldeneye 007 (Agent), Shadows of the Empire (Easy and Medium) and Starfox 64. Yeah, I've been getting 'N' the game, so to speak. It's been nice revisting this little machine. I'm also playing Super Mario 64 again. Haven't gotten terribly far, though I've been trying to clear every stage of stars.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q