Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723192 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2280 on: June 22, 2014, 08:31:50 am »
Rayman Legends

Playin' it non-stop. I'm having fun but I feel like it's not quite on the same level as Origins. Great, but not excellent. The experience feels a tad dumbed down, especially the stages that were meant to played with the Wii-U remote.

Alphadia Genesis

Damn that final boss. My characters are all around lvl 87 and I still lost twice.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2281 on: June 25, 2014, 06:51:52 pm »
I finished both tales of symphonia and the sequel dawn of the new world twice XD. I'm not sure if I could still do that. Maybe with how games advanced I would have feel the same as you now if I started playing it today. The bit where you are at may probably be the most tedious part. I forgot a lot about the game despite finishing them twice. May have to watch some lets play vids to refresh my memory a bit

I've been playing 2 games back to back lately. Mass effect 3 and The legend of Zelda: Minish cap.

Minish cap started out really simple and worse than other Zelda games, but it has got really good after around the middle. Mass effect 3 is more of a shooter than the previous games so far, which were more RPG. I'm not sure if I like that.

Finally beat Symphonia. took a break from it. That game never ends.

Playing Dawn of the New World now. Started off a bit slowly, but most RPG's do. I'm liking it a lot so far. Much better then Tales of Symphonia in terms of UI design, character models, and overall story. I guess we'll see what I think as I continue on. The combat is certainly taking getting used to though, so far though combat has been the only thing I haven't thought was better so far. I wonder why they made it slower then Symphonia.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:54:40 pm by Will »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2282 on: June 25, 2014, 07:58:50 pm »
Sleeping Dogs: It seems that someone played Yakuza and was like "WOw, imagine if it was super generic like GTA" and made this game. I do like that its trying to be a brawler mostly, but I preferred the Yakuza fighting system. The mini games where OK but not enough, mostly stayed with the same 'race, drug busts' and other generic things from GTA. It sucks, I wish that a Yakuza game was created this well (programming wise) with a nice big open world... but still be Yakuza and not a unoriginal GTA clone in china.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2283 on: June 26, 2014, 09:49:44 am »
I actually enjoyed Sleeping Dogs more than the say Yakuza 3..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2284 on: June 26, 2014, 10:46:13 am »
Halo 4

So I'm finally playing another Halo game after the first one gave me a migraine. So far so good.

Rayman Legends

Played another big chunk of the game. Later stages have gotten way better.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2285 on: July 01, 2014, 08:12:38 pm »
Have been away from home so I only got my Vita and 3DS with me.

Playing Ys: Memories of celceta. Not the game to demonstrate vita's powers but probably the best game on the system I think. It's weird, the vita is such a great machine with such wasted potential. I found out there's very few games I really want for it and sadly very few coming. In the meantime till then i'm having a great deal of fun with Ys. I think if I ever would get a 2nd game it'd be the final fantasy X HD collection.

Also been playing Fire emblem Awakening for the first time. And my god.. expectations have been fully surpassed. This is like the best parts of every srpg(minus valkyria chronicles) put into a game. Final fantasy tactics, shining force, you name it. This game exceeds them all. The music is probably the only thing i'd call similar to valkyria chronicles, but then again it was also the same composer as final fantasy tactics. Strange how the same composer keeps making music for this genre. Really unexpected after disliking every fire emblem so far.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2286 on: July 02, 2014, 01:34:19 am »
I actually enjoyed Sleeping Dogs more than the say Yakuza 3..
7 hours in I enjoy aspects of it. It took aspects from other games basically including Yakuza and smashed it up with a generic story. I prefer the story telling in Yakuza over this. But I do like that they took the car mechanics from Wheelman, because that was the only thing that game had going for it. I also wish the side missions weren't so 'GTA did this already'. Whats the point of the cock fighting? The Karaoke was worse than the Yakuza stuff.

Not only that some of the relationships with the characters didn't make me feel like I knew them, but like I'm being forced to give two shits about some stripper I talked to twice before she 'cheated on me', which us being a couple confused the hell out of me. I thought she and him where just flirting and then all of a sudden I'm stalking her to confront her?

The character development was all over. There are clear mistakes but it doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the game. I have 7 hours into it. Makes me wish that Yakuza just had a really nice optimized engine like Sleeping Dogs but was 'Yakuza like' with its sort of story telling which is by far better.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2287 on: July 02, 2014, 03:22:01 am »
So I finished Rayman Legends.

I still prefer the first one over this one. The portions that were originally made with the Wii U Pad they sure found a way to circumvent it by assigning other buttons to it, but at the risk of hampering the gameplay ever so sligthy.

Offline Ravenfreak

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Haters gonna hate
« Reply #2288 on: July 04, 2014, 02:31:18 pm »
So I've been playing Sonic Adventure DX on my PC like crazy lately. I have completed each character's storylines already but now I'm in the process of getting all the emblems... I still haven't even completed this game and I also own it on the GC. I've been stuck on getting a A rank in Lost World for the longest time... >_>

Offline MrTechnoSqueek

• Total Meseta: 0
  • It's Thinking...
« Reply #2289 on: July 08, 2014, 07:08:29 am »
I actually have been playing through Resident Evil 2 (for the first time) on Dreamcast. I started with Claire first and have beaten her disc now I gotta start Leon...I now believe everyone that says this is the best Resident Evil.

I am one of the ones that started with RE4 and it became like my 2nd favorite game of all time and it made me go back to play the originals and Zero and I have played through the REmake,Zero,RE5,still playing through Revelations on Steam. I played the demo for RE6 and I just didn't care for it so I won't be picking that up.
PSN:TechnoSqueek
XBL:Techno Squeek
Steam:technosqueek

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #2290 on: July 08, 2014, 11:00:12 am »
I actually have been playing through Resident Evil 2 (for the first time) on Dreamcast. I started with Claire first and have beaten her disc now I gotta start Leon...I now believe everyone that says this is the best Resident Evil.

Yeah RE2 is no doubt the best RE. It's definitely my favorite of all. I've been hoping for a REmake since they REmade Resident Evil on Gamecube. The only RE game that i haven't finished to this day is RE6, couldn't stand it.

I am one of the ones that started with RE4 and it became like my 2nd favorite game of all time and it made me go back to play the originals and Zero and I have played through the REmake,Zero,RE5,still playing through Revelations on Steam. I played the demo for RE6 and I just didn't care for it so I won't be picking that up.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2291 on: July 08, 2014, 01:05:33 pm »
Sleeping Dogs: It seems that someone played Yakuza and was like "WOw, imagine if it was super generic like GTA" and made this game. I do like that its trying to be a brawler mostly, but I preferred the Yakuza fighting system. The mini games where OK but not enough, mostly stayed with the same 'race, drug busts' and other generic things from GTA. It sucks, I wish that a Yakuza game was created this well (programming wise) with a nice big open world... but still be Yakuza and not a unoriginal GTA clone in china.

Sleeping Dogs goes downhill fast when they introduce guns, the unarmed kung fu fighting was much more fun. It wasn't anywhere near Yakuza levels for combat quality and fun, but it wasn't trying to be Yakuza. Yakuza is a JRPG, this is a sandbox/GTA game so I can understand the combat being more shallow but wider.

And yeah, the story is ass and very generic, but that's kind of to be expected.

It's refreshing to see someone not loving the game and saying BS like 'This is wat shenmoo should have been!', 'this is like Yakuza but better, I'm not sad no more that Yakoozer 5 isn't translated =D', 'this is beeter than Yakoozer because it has a jump button, like if u agree'

Anyway, I've been playing CoH2 with Western Front armies.

Oberkommando West is fun.

I WANT TO HEAR THOSE G43s SINGING!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2292 on: July 08, 2014, 02:56:02 pm »
Resident Evil: Revelations and I'm now invested into Borderlands.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #2293 on: November 09, 2014, 02:58:25 am »
I figures it's old, but I wanted to bring this topic back.

Finished up Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - seriously underrated game, it was a true PoP game.

I'm now playing Darksiders 2, I really like it so far, loads better than the first and very confused as to why it didn't sell very well.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2294 on: November 14, 2014, 10:21:02 pm »
Freedom Fighters (Gamecube). I like what I've played so far.