Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723166 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2385 on: March 05, 2015, 08:45:23 am »
I'm back :).
Sorry to hear about the 3DS.

The Vita has a lot of good material on there though. I just finished up Final Fantasy X on it last month. I'd never played the original version, but I really enjoyed it.  The turn-based combat system is pretty interesting once you get the hang of messing with the order of attacks.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2386 on: March 05, 2015, 02:43:57 pm »
Currently about half way through White Night. I'd recommend it so far.

A noir styled black and white game with a haunted house. The game is very much like Alone in the dark or the old Resident Evil type of gameplay where you explore a house littered with creepy and unnerving moments.

Armed with only matches, you explore a house to discover what exactly happened to its owners while ghostly figures roam around searching for their next victim.

The art style really does a good job in setting the tone and atmosphere throughout the game and the puzzles so far have been well thought out. None have really been illogical or absurd like those you sometimes find in these sort of games. I wouldn't say it's scary as such, just unnerving as without matches you feel defenseless and vulnerable.

Like I said, I'd recommend it :)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2387 on: March 05, 2015, 11:49:31 pm »
I just finished up CounterSpy on the Vita, and Contra III on the Wii U.
Full disclosure: I spammed those save-states on Contra.

CounterSpy was a lot of fun though. Definitely worth a playthrough if you have PlayStation Plus.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2388 on: March 06, 2015, 07:53:47 am »
I got my ass kicked on The Naggiar Plains part 2 again. Let this be a warning to all: maxed out characters alone will not garantee a flawless victory in Valkyria Chronicles.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #2389 on: March 12, 2015, 08:11:27 pm »

Playing "Bug!" for the first time in... probably not long enough. This game was sweet when I was 15, so I'm sure it's garbage now.  8)

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2390 on: March 13, 2015, 10:36:14 am »
Done playing Valkyria Chronicles for now. I'll have a third playthrough in the near future. Despite being a story-heavy game, you can very much bulldoze your way thorugh the first 8 chapters in one sitting, if you have maxed out characters. But for the time being, I'm gonna give it a rest.

I'm back to good ol' Xbox 360. Played a bit of Sniper Elite III, a lot of fun sneaking around and pulling headshots on Nazi soldiers. Also started playing The Witcher 2. Never played the original and there's so much content there I haven't even begun to unravel it. Very story heavy.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2391 on: March 14, 2015, 09:19:25 pm »
Outrun 3D and Project Diva F 2nd.

I mainly recorded this footage to get a friend of mine interested in the game, showing how awesome it is going fast and breezing through the tracks. Thought it was a decent run overall so I'll share it here too. Is it a bit blurry during the 1st minute but I fix it after that.

DSP tier crash near the end. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Cy-dEUstQ
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:20:57 pm by Happy Cat »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2392 on: March 14, 2015, 11:44:42 pm »
Nice run dude. The excitement from the crew here is really making me consider buying this.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #2393 on: March 15, 2015, 12:16:53 am »
I'm back :) .
Sorry to hear about the 3DS.

The Vita has a lot of good material on there though. I just finished up Final Fantasy X on it last month. I'd never played the original version, but I really enjoyed it.  The turn-based combat system is pretty interesting once you get the hang of messing with the order of attacks.

I got a 2DS to replace the stolen 3DS and it got mashed when I got in a car accident.  I replaced the screen and sold it, and bought another 3DS. 

So I recently traded Sega CD Popful Mail for a Vita.  It's coming in the mail any day now.  Any recommendations?  I'm going to put all my PSP stuff on there, but SEGA games on the VITA seem pretty scarce.  Are there more in the way of imports?  If I get PSO2, will I be able to play it?

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2394 on: March 15, 2015, 10:04:52 am »
The Witcher 2: Assasin of Kings.

So far, so good. It's a game that has a lot and I mean a lot to take in considering I never played the original. The graphics are really good. A lot of lively characters.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2395 on: March 15, 2015, 10:10:41 am »
I got a 2DS to replace the stolen 3DS and it got mashed when I got in a car accident.  I replaced the screen and sold it, and bought another 3DS. 

So I recently traded Sega CD Popful Mail for a Vita.  It's coming in the mail any day now.  Any recommendations?  I'm going to put all my PSP stuff on there, but SEGA games on the VITA seem pretty scarce.  Are there more in the way of imports?  If I get PSO2, will I be able to play it?

SEGA games:
Project Diva series --  really awesome on Vita, if you've ever only played the series on PS3 you need to give it another chance on Vita.
Monkey Ball Vita

Non-SEGA games:
- Danganronpa
- Pix the Cat
- Velocity 2x
- Minecraft
- Terraria
- Tons of indie games
- Gravity Rush

Of course there is a lot more games then that, i'm just bad at making lists. But those are some of my favorites.

Here is some further reading:
http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=1004092

You can play PSO2, but you will need a seperate memory card. You can only have one PSN account per memory card, and well, PSO2 isn't on US PSN.

Nice run dude. The excitement from the crew here is really making me consider buying this.

Thanks dude. Game is great.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:13:14 am by Happy Cat »

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2396 on: March 15, 2015, 12:34:23 pm »
Thanks Will.  I never played a Project Diva game, and I'll try out the Monkeyball game.  I wish PSO2 would come west.  It makes no sense.

It's coming with an 8GB card, which may not be enough for all my PSP games, so I think I'll get a second 8GB card and a 4 GB card for PSO2.

I'd get a 64 GB card if they weren't so ridiculously expensive.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:25:24 pm by Emmett The Crab »

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #2397 on: March 15, 2015, 01:07:33 pm »
Been playing Ori and the Blind Forest, which is a great Metroidvania with incredible 2D art. Easily a GOTY contender for me: http://store.steampowered.com/app/261570/

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2398 on: March 15, 2015, 02:09:24 pm »
Thanks Will.  I never played a Project Diva game, and I'll try out the Monkeyball game.  I wish PSO2 would come west.  It makes no sense.

It's coming with an 8GB card, which may not be enough for all my PSP games, so I think I'll get a second 8GB card and a 4 GB card for PSO2.

I'd get a 64 GB card if they weren't so ridiculously expensive.

Project Diva is great. Also should be noted that the first Project Diva is digital only on PSVita, and the 2nd one might be rare now. Might be worth getting a 16GB card if you find yourself liking the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QzHDa8b11o

You'll be pulling off note combos like this is no time as long as you practice. It will make you feel awesome too. The videos make these notes look much slower then they actually are. Its very different when you are actually playing.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #2399 on: March 15, 2015, 04:26:44 pm »
The 2nd Project Diva F game isn't rare here in the Netherlands at least, it's still being sold for full price though.