Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723194 times)

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2400 on: March 15, 2015, 04:53:21 pm »
PSO2 you can download for free also, right?  I'm seeing it for $30 on eBay. 

I'll download the first Project Dive and try that. one first. 

I'm getting a 16GB card, plus the 8GB card it comes with, and a 4GB card for My Japanese PSN account. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2401 on: March 15, 2015, 07:58:22 pm »
PSO2 you can download for free also, right?  I'm seeing it for $30 on eBay. 

I'll download the first Project Dive and try that. one first. 

I'm getting a 16GB card, plus the 8GB card it comes with, and a 4GB card for My Japanese PSN account. 

I would think it would be free, but I don't know 100% That would be a good question for a PSO Enthusiast site like PSO World.

Also, i got a 16GB card. Wish i had a 32GB card. but only upgrading to 32GB seems like a waste, but 64GB is so damn expensive :( it really bothers me.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #2402 on: March 15, 2015, 08:03:44 pm »
I'll check with PSO World. 

I just opened up the 16GB memory card.  Why are they so tiny, like micro SD,?  I'm afraid I'll lose them.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2403 on: March 15, 2015, 08:18:11 pm »
I'll check with PSO World. 

I just opened up the 16GB memory card.  Why are they so tiny, like micro SD,?  I'm afraid I'll lose them.

Yup, they are quite small. Maybe find a case or container to keep them in when your not using them.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2404 on: March 16, 2015, 10:29:10 am »
So I recently traded Sega CD Popful Mail for a Vita.  It's coming in the mail any day now.  Any recommendations?  I'm going to put all my PSP stuff on there, but SEGA games on the VITA seem pretty scarce.  Are there more in the way of imports?  If I get PSO2, will I be able to play it?

As far as SEGA imports on the Vita, there's always Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I've really enjoyed my Vita. Tons of great games:
- Persona 4 Golden
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- Tearaway
- Ys: Memories of Celceta
- Rayman Legends
- Guacamelee

Right now, I'm playing through Hotline Miami 2 on mine, and really enjoying it.
I also started up Shinobi on the 3DS last night.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #2405 on: March 16, 2015, 02:19:48 pm »
Thanks Soup.  I got Puyo Puyo Tetris for the PS3 for Christmas this year.  It was pretty fun so far.

I've never played a Persona game.  Where should I start?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2406 on: March 16, 2015, 04:00:14 pm »
Persona 3 Portable on PSP or Persona 3 FES on PS2 or Persona 4 Golden on Vita.

Basically FES is a updated version of 3 on PS2 and then Portable is the same game but on PSP with some stuff taken out but a bunch of new story stuff added (and lets you play as a girl).

Persona 4 Golden on Vita is the same as the PS2 release with a bunch of stuff added.

Both Persona 3/4 have their own stories and characters so technically you can play either one whenever.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #2407 on: March 16, 2015, 05:35:44 pm »
Thanks George.  I'll check that out.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2408 on: March 17, 2015, 08:34:27 am »
I've never played a Persona game.  Where should I start?

Persona 4 Golden was my introduction to the series. They're kind of like Final Fantasy in the sense that the games share common elements with each other, but they're all different stories.

P4 also has kind of a Buffy/Scooby Gang vibe that I really enjoyed.  It's like playing through a year in the life of a group of good friends that are fighting a secret demon threat that the general public is oblivious to, while balancing the school/social lives of normal people their age.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #2409 on: March 17, 2015, 08:41:47 am »
To add onto what George said, you shouldn't play Persona Q until you've played Persona 3 or 4. And really I recommend playing it after having played both. The game is pretty much made for fans of the two games and includes lots of references and stuff.

Also, the Persona 4 Arena games take place after Persona 4 and also feature Persona 3 characters, so its story has spoilers for both games.

EDIT: Also, not entirely sure if I would compare the games to Final Fantasy like that, as the games do share more than just common elements. Though the first three (Persona 2 being two games) games are completely unrelated to the games that follow, Persona 3 and 4 take place in the same universe. Still, it's not like you'll miss out on much if you start with Persona 4, as it takes place at a different place with completely different characters and the story is unrelated to that of Persona 3. But there are a couple of cameos of P3 characters, and there is one part of the game that's filled with P3 references.

It is not yet known if Persona 5 will take place in the Persona 3 and 4 world though. But it is safe to say that there's no need to play any of the other Persona games first before starting it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:18:07 pm by TimmiT »

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #2410 on: March 18, 2015, 02:39:21 am »
Thanks Soup and Timmit.  The Vita arrives on Thursday, and supposedly there are games on the memory card, so I'll see what he downloaded already.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2411 on: March 18, 2015, 10:16:52 am »
The Witcher 2: Assasin of Kings.

So far, so good. It's a game that has a lot and I mean a lot to take in considering I never played the original. The graphics are really good. A lot of lively characters.

Loved this game, I'm well overdue for a second play-through of it.
Characters and Story are definitely some of the strongest in recent years. I loved the world and quests as well.
How far in are you now? Also, I would recommend trying the first if you get a chance, it's got some aspects that are still better than the sequel.

As for me, I bought Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number.
I was so hyped for this game when announced, having loved the first, then slowly the excitement died a little while it stayed in the back of my mind.
Now that it's out, holy shit, it's fucking amazing. This game is just outstanding, everyone should play HM1 and 2.
For games that aren't story heavy, they load in an amazing amount of character and depth.

This is pretty much my face the whole time playing:

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2412 on: March 18, 2015, 10:52:46 am »
Well, I'm still very early in the game. I completed a lengthy siege, which is basically the first chapter of the game. The graphics and story are pretty good. Clearly pushing the Xbox 360 to it's technical limits. I'm currentely doing a lot of side missions, but at this point the game feels very overwhelming. Hopefully I can get a lot of this wrap up and move the story foward because right now it feels like you are just doing mundane tasks. For an RPG, though, it feels more like an Hack 'n' Slash game.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2413 on: March 18, 2015, 12:26:07 pm »
Glad to hear you're enjoying Hotline Miami 2 so much MadeManG.

I'm pretty close to the last level, and hoping to finish it up tonight (we'll see how tough the final levels are).
I've seen a lot of online reviews complaining about the lack of choice when it comes to picking masks at the start of levels, but I like that the stages are more designed around the idea of playing as certain characters.

There's a jailbreak sequence that really stands out.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2414 on: March 18, 2015, 12:59:03 pm »
^I was going to say, the biggest departure from the original is the different characters and their very different abilities. I don't want to say it's good or bad, but definitely different.

I like both games for their own reasons, and they've done some good work making each character feel different to Mask from the first game. Alex and Ash in particular is pretty clever I thought, but I was really impressed with the journalist who can't use lethal force, and his animations for unloading the ammo from each type of gun.

And the music, oh my gawd. How they managed to live up to the original, I have no idea.