Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723226 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2415 on: March 18, 2015, 01:02:35 pm »
The music is pretty spectacular. It's one of the few portable games that I haven't played on mute.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2416 on: March 18, 2015, 01:36:37 pm »
The music is pretty spectacular. It's one of the few portable games that I haven't played on mute.

I'm playing on PC with a pair of standing Jensen 3 ways, god it sounds phenomenal. I bet it's amazing on a decent pair of headphones too.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2417 on: March 19, 2015, 07:54:57 am »
I'm playing on PC with a pair of standing Jensen 3 ways, god it sounds phenomenal. I bet it's amazing on a decent pair of headphones too.

Sure does.

I just beat Hotline Miami 2 last night.
Let's just say things get a bit weird...
Great game though, and I had a ton of fun with it.

Just about finished up Shinobi on the 3DS too. I've had that sitting on the backlog since I got my 3DS in 2012, so it'll be nice to finally check it off the list.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2418 on: March 19, 2015, 10:11:19 am »
^Did you read the comics before playing HM2? I only thought of it now, but wondering if it makes the story much clearer or any more enjoyable. I kind of like to just play it as is, and try to piece it together, but not sure if they intended people read the comics first.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2419 on: March 19, 2015, 02:25:27 pm »
^Did you read the comics before playing HM2? I only thought of it now, but wondering if it makes the story much clearer or any more enjoyable. I kind of like to just play it as is, and try to piece it together, but not sure if they intended people read the comics first.

I didn't even know there was a comic. Honestly, even after beating it, I'll probably have to do some reading online to piece the whole story together.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2420 on: March 20, 2015, 09:44:48 pm »
Just finished Ecco: The Tides of Time (Genesis) on hard mode. I've now completed the trilogy. I enjoyed the first one the most.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2421 on: March 21, 2015, 01:26:48 am »
Just finished Ecco: The Tides of Time (Genesis) on hard mode. I've now completed the trilogy. I enjoyed the first one the most.

I had to give you kudos for that, those games are a bitch, let alone beating them on hard mode.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2422 on: March 21, 2015, 12:35:09 pm »
Thanks, I actually wasn't aware I was playing on hard mode until I hit Lunar Bay. Those batch of levels (Black Clouds, Graviatorbox and Globe Holder) are the reasons why I liked Tides of Time less than the first one. Last level took several attempts till I realized It was best to follow the tentacle enemies to make it through the blocked passages instead of manipulating them with my sonar (if you've played this level you'll know what I mean).

The first Ecco was brought up a few times in a "Hardest Games" discussion on Atariage. Personally, I've always felt Dick Tracy, Toki: Going Ape Spit, Ghostbusters and Battletoads/Double Dragon were the hardest games I've beaten on the Genesis.

Ecco Jr. was easy though.  ;)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2423 on: March 21, 2015, 05:47:54 pm »
Sniper Elite III

A lot of fun. Been doin' a lot of sniping. One funny AI moment in which one of the soldiers who was chasing me was run over by a truck that just happened to pass by.

The Wolf Among Us

Dear TellTalle Games, I have to ask again: what is the point of releasing boxed version of your games if they are completely broken? I can't even load the damn disc without uttering a few curse words.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2424 on: March 22, 2015, 12:17:52 am »
Sniper Elite III

A lot of fun. Been doin' a lot of sniping. One funny AI moment in which one of the soldiers who was chasing me was run over by a truck that just happened to pass by.

The Wolf Among Us

Dear TellTalle Games, I have to ask again: what is the point of releasing boxed version of your games if they are completely broken? I can't even load the damn disc without uttering a few curse words.

Wolf among us is great, but yeah, glitchy as hell. During the last scene of the game, it fucked up on me and for some reason the game switched to the dutch language.. Had no idea wtf was happening.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2425 on: March 22, 2015, 07:48:52 am »
The Wolf Among Us

You're probably best off going with the PC versions of their games. I've had a lot less trouble with the games of theirs that I've purchased off of Steam, than the console versions.

I got a bit hung up by the final boss in Shinobi on 3DS, but I managed to beat it.
Now I'm working through Child of Light on the Vita.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2426 on: March 22, 2015, 07:57:04 am »
Personally, I've always felt Dick Tracy, Toki: Going Ape Spit, Ghostbusters and Battletoads/Double Dragon were the hardest games I've beaten on the Genesis.

You beat Dick Tracy on Genesis!? You're my hero. I can't beat that shit with save states on Emulators.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2427 on: March 22, 2015, 04:23:46 pm »
Wolf among us is great, but yeah, glitchy as hell. During the last scene of the game, it fucked up on me and for some reason the game switched to the dutch language.. Had no idea wtf was happening.
hahahaha! nice

Still playing Final Fantasy X on the vita. Since I got back my 3ds (they fixed it really well), ive also been playing Bravely Default every now and then.

Playing 2 JRPG's next to each other doesnt seem like a good idea in the long run lol. I do find the latter to be reaaally fun. I missed classic final fantasy designed games. Really cool

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #2428 on: March 22, 2015, 05:00:05 pm »
You're probably best off going with the PC versions of their games. I've had a lot less trouble with the games of theirs that I've purchased off of Steam, than the console versions.
I've heard that the Steam versions of their games can be a mess as well. And basically, it's because their buggy game engine that they haven't stopped using since the company started. I've heard that the head there doesn't want to use a different engine than the one they built, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. Either way, it's an outdated engine that doesn't work well and brings everyone problems and for whatever reason Telltale hasn't fixed the issues.

Also, I'm guessing that it switched to the German language rather than the Dutch one, cause here they usually go for Dutch subtitles rather than a dub unless it's for kids.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2429 on: March 23, 2015, 08:21:06 am »
Strangely enough I haven't had any issues with Telltale games yet. Having said that I've only ever played Walking Dead on Steam and that's all. Lost a bit of interest after that one.

I'm still playing Hotline Miami 2, it's still really great. Had the prison break, and just finished the nightclub level which was really tough.

Also playing King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match, Final Edition. My fave KoF so far, and the steam port is great.