Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723202 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2445 on: April 01, 2015, 10:50:38 am »
And I just finished Sniper Elite 3. It is a very short game (only 5 stages total) and your main protagonist has next to no personality, which is both comical and charming. The open world enviroment and the slo-mo kills are the reasons you should play this game. It's a ton of fun, sneaking around, taking a multitude of different routes and options. There always different ways to do the same thing which makes SNipe Elite III fun and rewarding.

I highly recommend this game!

I'm actually playing Sniper Elite V2 on X360, not a half bad game. The game looks pretty generic, but the sniping slo mo kills are pretty bad ass.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2446 on: April 02, 2015, 02:26:38 am »
And for no reason I decided to install and start replaying Final Fantasy VII on the PC. So far, the game is slighty more acessible than Final Fantasy IV (the DS / Android remake, that is). I'm playing this game with one of those cheap USB PC Xbox 360-style controller knock-offs.
Very early in the game still.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2447 on: April 02, 2015, 06:12:05 am »
This your first time Cady?

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2448 on: April 05, 2015, 07:45:26 am »
Yep, this is very first time I'm actually playing the game. I've seen some of my friends playin' way back in the PS1 era. Back then I had a SEGA Saturn and was into Dragon Force at the time.

My first real contact with the FF series was actually FF XIII. Hated it. Played Final Fantasy XII, didn't like it at first but when I finally got the gist of how combat worked, I thought it was arguably one of the best if not the best JRPG of all time. Played Final Fantasy IV on Android, got bored with after the first 15 hours and never picked it up. Then I started playing this one just after I had finished Sniper Elite III. I'm about 10 or so hours in, the plot's been interesting enough to keep me interested. The character models are nice, but the background is very pixalated and on an 32'' inch TV at 1080p it takes a while to adjust. It almost feels like you are moving a character on a simple low-res JPEG which makes it sometimes a little hard to figure out where to go. But other than that, it's playable and holds well.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2449 on: April 05, 2015, 08:33:08 am »
I just played through Mario Kart 7.
Mario Kart DS was probably my favourite title in the series, but I really didn't enjoy Mario Kart Wii, so I kind of wrote of 7.

It was one of the Platinum rewards for Club Nintendo though, so I gave it a shot.
Really glad I did.
Some of the best courses in the series, and the AI isn't nearly as cheap as in Wii. With the drop back to 8 racers, the tracks are narrower, which is nice. The tracks in Wii were so wide that you never really felt any sense of speed.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2450 on: April 06, 2015, 03:02:13 am »
Yep, this is very first time I'm actually playing the game. I've seen some of my friends playin' way back in the PS1 era. Back then I had a SEGA Saturn and was into Dragon Force at the time.

My first real contact with the FF series was actually FF XIII. Hated it. Played Final Fantasy XII, didn't like it at first but when I finally got the gist of how combat worked, I thought it was arguably one of the best if not the best JRPG of all time. Played Final Fantasy IV on Android, got bored with after the first 15 hours and never picked it up. Then I started playing this one just after I had finished Sniper Elite III. I'm about 10 or so hours in, the plot's been interesting enough to keep me interested. The character models are nice, but the background is very pixalated and on an 32'' inch TV at 1080p it takes a while to adjust. It almost feels like you are moving a character on a simple low-res JPEG which makes it sometimes a little hard to figure out where to go. But other than that, it's playable and holds well.
Its probably my top 3 game of all time. But it's always interesting to read how its overrated from people who play it today so im looking forward to your impressions after getting deeper into the game.

Still playing Bravely Default here. So I realized that classic final fantasy gameplay is still very addicting and fun. The job system is great and leveling them has sort of that addicting factor from the pokemon games

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2451 on: April 06, 2015, 06:58:45 am »
It took a while, but I finally got the fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 working on my DS.
I'd had the Japanese cartridge kicking around a while, and saw it as some kind of project to muddle through the Japanese language. Kind of nice to just be able to play through it though.

I ordered a copy of Tales of Innocence to try and do the same thing with it.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #2452 on: April 06, 2015, 12:18:19 pm »
I just played through Mario Kart 7.
Mario Kart DS was probably my favourite title in the series, but I really didn't enjoy Mario Kart Wii, so I kind of wrote of 7.

It was one of the Platinum rewards for Club Nintendo though, so I gave it a shot.
Really glad I did.
Some of the best courses in the series, and the AI isn't nearly as cheap as in Wii. With the drop back to 8 racers, the tracks are narrower, which is nice. The tracks in Wii were so wide that you never really felt any sense of speed.

You should check out Mario Kart 8 as well if you get a Wii U at some point. The gameplay is as good as Mario Kart 7, but it has better online and has great DLC. Also it looks pretty.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2453 on: April 06, 2015, 02:12:28 pm »
You should check out Mario Kart 8 as well if you get a Wii U at some point. The gameplay is as good as Mario Kart 7, but it has better online and has great DLC. Also it looks pretty.
I actually picked up Mario Kart 8 at launch.
Absolutely agree, it's one of the best in the series (minus the battle mode).

I ordered both DLC packs at the same time last year, and can't wait to play those new tracks.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2454 on: April 06, 2015, 02:39:50 pm »
The character roster in Mario Kart 8 is a joke and its single player is nonexistant. Some of the better things Sumo did with the All-Stars series.

Besides that, I agree, I enjoyed the game. Worth full price? Well, probably not but when I got it there was a promo to get 2 free games.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2455 on: April 06, 2015, 02:50:45 pm »
Yeah I got bored of Mario Kart 8 pretty fast. Not my thing I guess.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2456 on: April 06, 2015, 03:15:17 pm »
I really enjoyed Mario Kart 8, but I really didn't replay it all that much. Once I experienced each track a few times and raced as each racer at least once I was good. Maybe its because Nintendo nostalgia really doesn't affect me?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2457 on: April 06, 2015, 03:17:17 pm »
I think people really enjoy playing multiplayer online and stuff, but I can't get behind a game that random. I don't like the idea of 'wait in third place the whole race and hope the winner gets murdered by a broken weapon near the finish line'.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2458 on: April 06, 2015, 04:33:48 pm »
Anyone considered the 12 dollar for 16 tracks + 6 characters dlc? For me personally the package felt too small without it.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2459 on: April 06, 2015, 06:07:02 pm »
The thing is, what comes in the base game is lacking. Kinda feel ripped off that I have to buy DLC to get a decent package...

Tho the DLC isn't badly priced.