Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723198 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2490 on: April 30, 2015, 05:54:56 pm »
@mademang

Had a feeling i wasnt the only one. I was on a huge saturn spree at the time but pretty much lost all of my save files. should get a mem card soon.

Right now im playing Xenoblade chronicles 3D. Descent port of a game that looks like shit on HD tv's anyways. So im fine with thr bit of downgrade on a more appropriate screen. And  for how huge the game is, its perfecr for handheld.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:50:40 am by CrazyT »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2491 on: May 02, 2015, 03:27:07 pm »
So I've started playing Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns. I feel so bitter that this generation pretty much got served arguably the worst chapter in the FF series. Final Fantasy XIII was bad, hated every minute of it's 60hrs "story" mode. It boggles my mind that Squaresoft chose this cast of characters to the the mainstays in this generation for at least 2 more games. FF XIII-2 was better, even though it was basically the equivalent of a direct-to-DVD sequel and it reused a ton of assets.

I find some irony in my hatred towards FF XIII since I think Lightning Returns is actually the best game in this questionable trilogy. The thing that surprises me the most: Yes, Lighting is the dullest character I've seen in a Final Fantasy game. I started playing FF 7 a while ago and Cloud Strife is memorable, even Vaan from FF XII is more likeable then her. To say that Shue from Blue Dragon is more interesting says a lot 'bout FF XIII as a whole. So color me surprised when Lighting Returns is self-aware of it so already things are going fine.

Lightning Returns is a bit odd, it's not quite an JRPG, it's actually closer to something like The Witcher 2, more emphasis on quests and puzzle solving rather than actual combat. I mean there is combat in FF 13-3 and it's great but it's not the main focus.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2492 on: May 02, 2015, 08:12:55 pm »
Set some new records, which makes me happy, game is incredibly tricky though. My hand hurts now though. I've had enough for the weekend.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2493 on: May 03, 2015, 06:55:58 pm »
So 10 hours into Final Fantasy XIII: Lighting Returns. So far so good. I mean it. I actually give a crap about Lightining as a character. Snow is actually likeable and not a full-on bro-tard. And this game does a much better job at explaining settings, characters and even the damn culture. Sure a lot of things that the NPCs says range from tolerable to hokey, but at least there seems to be some effort put into it.

Here's a bold statement: This game is far superior to Fable II and III. It takes similar gameplay styles, similar mechanics, but actually makes it fun. That is an achievement.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2494 on: May 03, 2015, 11:00:51 pm »
Been playing Dragon's Lair on the Nes. Doubt finishing this one is in the cards, but I'm pleased to say I'm able to make it to the final boss. The problem is that the dagger power up (the weakest weapon) is right before the final boss in a location that's nearly impossible to avoid.

Overall I don't believe it's deserving of the notoriety that it gets. The sprite sizes and animation are some of the best I've seen on the Nes. While memorization is required, I can honestly say any time I died was the result of poor timing on my part and not faulty programming.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2495 on: May 04, 2015, 10:53:27 am »
So 10 hours into Final Fantasy XIII: Lighting Returns. So far so good. I mean it. I actually give a crap about Lightining as a character. Snow is actually likeable and not a full-on bro-tard. And this game does a much better job at explaining settings, characters and even the damn culture. Sure a lot of things that the NPCs says range from tolerable to hokey, but at least there seems to be some effort put into it.

Here's a bold statement: This game is far superior to Fable II and III. It takes similar gameplay styles, similar mechanics, but actually makes it fun. That is an achievement.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much. I had a lot of fun with Lightning Returns when it came out. Especially mixing up the equipment /job attributes.

I finished up all the puzzles in Picross e2 the other night. These games have got to be the best value going in video games today.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2496 on: May 10, 2015, 10:49:51 am »
I'm just finishing up Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
It's actually the first Splinter Cell game that I've ever played, but I'm loving it. I can't get over how many options and paths are available when you're going for a non-lethal run.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2497 on: May 10, 2015, 08:53:11 pm »
I have been playing "Bravely Default" and my only complaint is how everything just wastes your time. Oh you want to do a this mission? Its only at night! So instead of just allowing you to pick the day/night cycle to do the mission you have to just stand outside for a minute, then fight the creature you are suppose to hunt... then the issue is you can only do like two fights before it gets daylight again.

I hate stuff like that, needlessly waiting ...

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2498 on: May 11, 2015, 02:47:17 am »
Just more Final Fantasy XIII: Lightining Returns. Doing a lotta quests and I've done nearly all the main story missions with 5 days to spare.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2499 on: May 11, 2015, 07:29:40 am »
Just more Final Fantasy XIII: Lightining Returns. Doing a lotta quests and I've done nearly all the main story missions with 5 days to spare.
That's the way to do it. It's surprising just how much you can get done in that game when you use those time stopping abilities. Make sure to stock up on all the ethers you can for that last fight though.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2500 on: May 11, 2015, 09:03:23 am »
I'm just finishing up Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
It's actually the first Splinter Cell game that I've ever played, but I'm loving it. I can't get over how many options and paths are available when you're going for a non-lethal run.
Interesting, Blacklist is the only Splinter Cell game I haven't played. I do strongly recommend the earlier games if you get the chance, they are great. If you need to choose just one, then Chaos Theory is probably the best.

I've just been playing Crazy Taxi recently. Trying to crack that Crazy License. I finished Crazy Box yesterday.

Been playing a little bit of MKX online, but not a whole lot. I will be playing VF with some friends tonight though :)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2501 on: May 11, 2015, 09:08:10 am »
I have been playing "Bravely Default" and my only complaint is how everything just wastes your time. Oh you want to do a this mission? Its only at night! So instead of just allowing you to pick the day/night cycle to do the mission you have to just stand outside for a minute, then fight the creature you are suppose to hunt... then the issue is you can only do like two fights before it gets daylight again.

I hate stuff like that, needlessly waiting ...
Liked the game overall. But if that's already anoying you... well I hope you like the rest lol

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2502 on: May 11, 2015, 09:39:20 am »
Interesting, Blacklist is the only Splinter Cell game I haven't played. I do strongly recommend the earlier games if you get the chance, they are great. If you need to choose just one, then Chaos Theory is probably the best.

I've just been playing Crazy Taxi recently. Trying to crack that Crazy License. I finished Crazy Box yesterday.

Congrats on beating Crazy Box sir! Those last Zig-Zag challenges are brutal.

I'm definitely interested in giving the older Splinter Cell games a shot now. I've had the HD trilogy on the PS3, and Conviction on Steam kicking around the backlog forever.

I have heard a lot of good things about Chaos Theory, but I kind of want to work up to that one. I'm not sure if I should play Conviction (because it's shorter), or the first game next.

Not having any attachment to Michael Ironside, I enjoyed the voice acting in Blacklist. I really enjoyed the little touches, like the ability to chat with your individual team members, or call Sam Fisher's daughter between missions.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2503 on: May 11, 2015, 09:47:04 am »
Congrats on beating Crazy Box sir! Those last Zig-Zag challenges are brutal.

I'm definitely interested in giving the older Splinter Cell games a shot now. I've had the HD trilogy on the PS3, and Conviction on Steam kicking around the backlog forever.

I have heard a lot of good things about Chaos Theory, but I kind of want to work up to that one. I'm not sure if I should play Conviction (because it's shorter), or the first game next.

Not having any attachment to Michael Ironside, I enjoyed the voice acting in Blacklist. I really enjoyed the little touches, like the ability to chat with your individual team members, or call Sam Fisher's daughter between missions.

Well, Conviction is really where the series deviated, it's not very similar to the old Splinter Cell games.

I think it's a good game as well, but just bear in mind that it's not like the original 3 and Double Agent.

It's up to you really, Conviction is more action-y rather than strong stealth, but you could probably play in  either order, but just be prepared that they'll play significantly differently. I do suggest playing Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow and then Chaos Theory in that order though!

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2504 on: May 11, 2015, 10:19:04 am »
I'll definitely make sure to play the original games in order then.

I've heard that Double Agent isn't that great though. It's the only one I haven't picked up.