Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723209 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2535 on: June 21, 2015, 06:08:08 pm »
You could, but you don't need to if you wanna move on to 4. Though there are some great side missions in Yakuza 3.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2536 on: June 22, 2015, 07:49:03 am »
I beat Yakuza 3 this weekend. Awesome game. I guess my question is, do i complete the side quests or move onto Yakuza 4? Either way, Yakuza'd out at the moment. Curious to see what people think though. I've heard the side quests are quite good and apparently make it the majority of the game by far content wise.

Yakuza games have amazing side-quests. If you liked the game try to do all the side quests. You get something very very cool when you finish them all.

I also bought Fallout 3 this weekend since it was on sale and people have always said good things about it. Finding it to be boring, do you do more then just walk around a barren land and shoot people? Was kinda expecting more but maybe I just ended up going the wrong route once i got into the open. Is it worth giving the game another try? Either way i'm not bothered, it was really cheap on steam... $2.50.

You fucked up. Fallout 3 is the one everyone hates, New Vegas is the good one.
Refund it and get New Vegas.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2537 on: June 22, 2015, 02:40:10 pm »
I beat Yakuza 3 this weekend. Awesome game. I guess my question is, do i complete the side quests or move onto Yakuza 4? Either way, Yakuza'd out at the moment. Curious to see what people think though. I've heard the side quests are quite good and apparently make it the majority of the game by far content wise.
Some of the side quests are pure gold, but I personally haven't put a huge amount of time into them in past games. I enjoyed a Yakuza 4 a bit more than 3 anyway.

I've been playing through as much of Final Fantasy XIV as I can before Arkham Knight inevitably takes over my free time.

Offline George

« Reply #2538 on: June 22, 2015, 08:32:46 pm »
I have been playing:

Guild Wars 2 for awhile since they announced the expansion and I have had the game and not really given it a chance. Still not into the whole start of it but understanding the basic systems and its getting funnier. I don't think i'll be supporting the expansion till they offer a discount to people with the base game.

I have also been playing Monster Hunter 4U or whatever, its pretty fun game. Jesus, I feel like I just started and its 3 hours in. :L I see why its addicting.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #2539 on: June 22, 2015, 09:02:22 pm »
I also bought Fallout 3 this weekend since it was on sale and people have always said good things about it. Finding it to be boring, do you do more then just walk around a barren land and shoot people? Was kinda expecting more but maybe I just ended up going the wrong route once i got into the open. Is it worth giving the game another try? Either way i'm not bothered, it was really cheap on steam... $2.50.

Fallout 3's not for everyone, that's for sure. It's a game that just kinda throws you out there with a mere suggestion of where to go, unlike New Vegas, where you're railroaded down a single path up until the end of the first act of the main quest. My suggestion is to just head straight to Megaton and pick up a couple quests, because they encourage to get into the world and explore. If you're not into shooting stuff and exploring, it's not for you.

Also come to talk to me if you're looking to get into the modding scene. I know the mods you're gonna definitely want, where to get them, and how to install them, and how to fix the problems you'll encounter.

Unrelated, but the guy who sold me the Saturn and stuff found his old NiGHTS case, and it was definitely a pack-in. Comes in a regular jewel case rather than the big long ones otherwise. VERY excited about this, I thanked him up and down (he gave it to me for no extra charge), I didn't think I would get something I could display on my shelf, but now I do and I am extremely happy about it!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:21:42 pm by Moody »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2540 on: June 22, 2015, 11:39:08 pm »
So, I picked up Valkyria Chronicles in the steam sale and I'm really addicted to it so far. The art style is great and the mechanics are really well thought out. The story seems fairly simple, but it's the characters that stand out really. I've noticed some cheesy dialogue in places in the typical anime fashion, but the mixed genre's really work well.

Quick question, can you replay certain missions? I'm trying to get a better ranking on some of them as I was still learning when I did them.

Offline George

« Reply #2541 on: June 23, 2015, 03:26:53 am »
Can't replay story missions until you beat the game and unlock New Game+.

Offline Tad

« Reply #2542 on: June 23, 2015, 04:28:29 am »
Ah, I wondered as much. Thanks.

I'm vs the leader of the empire right now in his tank. Yeah...I'm getting destroyed lol

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2543 on: June 23, 2015, 08:22:03 am »
Fallout 3's not for everyone, that's for sure. It's a game that just kinda throws you out there with a mere suggestion of where to go, unlike New Vegas, where you're railroaded down a single path up until the end of the first act of the main quest. My suggestion is to just head straight to Megaton and pick up a couple quests, because they encourage to get into the world and explore. If you're not into shooting stuff and exploring, it's not for you.

Eh? The Story mode of FO3 was just as linear, if not moreso wasn't it?
In New Vegas you can break off and join the legion/NCR/House much earlier than the 'last mission'.

Offline Tad

« Reply #2544 on: June 23, 2015, 12:03:21 pm »
About to start playing Tales from the borderlands episode 3 :) it's usually out around this time.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #2545 on: June 23, 2015, 01:26:08 pm »
Yakuza games have amazing side-quests. If you liked the game try to do all the side quests. You get something very very cool when you finish them all.

You fucked up. Fallout 3 is the one everyone hates, New Vegas is the good one.
Refund it and get New Vegas.

What I found odd was the exact opposite. Having played though the GOTY version of Fallout 3, there was so much to do and experience for quite a bargain. I had the PS3 version of the game and have had my share of technical issues along the way but still, I had stuck with it. Major buffer overflow sessions that would leave the entire PS3 unresponsive for five minutes at some times while I witnessed one frame per two minutes until the game sorted itself out.

The GOTY version on the PS3 Had all the DLC expansions on the single BD which was a nice technical bonus...

The odd part is I had a much harder time getting into New Vegas despite the more streamlined UI and it felt a bit of an expansion that would be more profitable as a complete new release. Having the 360 as the source platform made the PS3 again suffer as I doubt Bethseda used the SPU's on the Cell processor which led to often lower performance behind the Xbox 360.

Despite the technical issues, New Vegas just didn't pull me in like Fallout 3 had done.

To the topic at hand, I've buried myself in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Finally a game that has the ability to show the technical benefits of the PS4 and XB1 over the long lived seventh generation game systems that had once been holding back the potential of the new consoles all for the sake of profits (yearly CoD. Madden etc.) finally games are ready after more than nearly three years or more in development and testing and finally showing the benefits of the new consoles from the Wii U to the PS4.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Tad

« Reply #2546 on: June 23, 2015, 03:46:43 pm »
Finished episode 3 of Tales from the Borderlands.

Another great one from Telltale. The humour and characters are well written and the main story is staying on form yet again. I thought season 2 of TWD was good, but not that great till the end. This and Game of thrones though has been much better in my opinion.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #2547 on: June 23, 2015, 05:35:49 pm »
Eh? The Story mode of FO3 was just as linear, if not moreso wasn't it?
In New Vegas you can break off and join the legion/NCR/House much earlier than the 'last mission'.

I meant New Vegas railroaded you down a path regardless of whether or not you wanted to do the main quest. Also "four different story paths that may include one different quest compared to the others" does not equal "less linear." Also I didn't say "last mission," I said end of the first act. Or almost end, anyway.

Now granted, Fallout 3 is guilty of having a linear story, but at least there's some branching paths (which New Vegas basically doesn't truly have) and, most importantly, things to do and discover while you're walking to your destination.

Basically, New Vegas forces you down the path of the main quest whether you want to or not, but in 3 once you exit the Vault, you can totally go in any direction and be able to survive. In New Vegas, you go off the path and there's an 85% chance you'll run into enemies far more powerful than you, and you die. You can't go off that path until you're around level 20 or so (which, depending on your playstyle, can take between 15-30 hours).

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2548 on: July 02, 2015, 07:18:42 am »
I just beat Arkham Knight yesterday. All that's left to do is track down another 200 or so Riddler trophies so I can actually see the ending :-/.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2549 on: July 02, 2015, 04:30:24 pm »
Man, some of those Charlie missions in Splinter Cell: Blacklist are tough. I mean ubber tough. I'm doing the Swiss embassy in Jordan(at least I think it is). It's a much smaller stage than the Pakistani embassy stage. This area is pretty easy if you just want to get close and personal with them guards. But once wave 11 hits, it's hard to be stealthy because it's a smaller area and there are very few hiding solid hiding spots. Specially since at this point we start to get those explosive bots and lots of dogs that can slow you down.

After I'm done with this game, I'm gonna go back to Valkyria Chronicles. I think enough time has passed to warrant another playtrough.