Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723195 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2655 on: December 13, 2015, 01:05:14 pm »
Especially the wacky side missions! Whoever thought you'd be working at a restaurant in a game about beating up people. Or street racing in a Taxi when your a professional taxi driver ;D

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2656 on: December 14, 2015, 03:21:42 am »

20 hours into Fairy Fencer F. I haven't had this much fun with a new JRPG in a long time. FFF is one of those games with an ubber basic plot (collect a ton of magical swords to revive a Goddess... somehow...) that can get by with colorful characters, witty dialogue and a flashy combat system.

The main hero Fang is a monumental slacker with a heart of gold, Tiara is a mean-spirited girl who for whatever reason gets hot everytime Fang insults her, Harley is a fairie researcher with a serious wardrobe malfunction (she cares very little about clothes), Galdo is canadian american speaking stereotype who becomes Fang's best bud and there's a strange creature that has a sword shoved into the top of it's head (WEEEEIIRRRD).

The combat system reminds me a little bit of games like Grandia 2 and Eternal Sonata.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2657 on: December 17, 2015, 01:38:00 am »
Lego Star Wars 2 (Gamecube).

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2658 on: December 19, 2015, 06:04:50 pm »
After finishing fallout 3, I went back to playing elder scrolls online. It was the game that boosted my confidence on bethesda games and brought me to fallout games in the first place. As an MMO im playing it alongside the games I mentioned previously.

As I progress the game is impressing me, like a lot. As a huge pso player since the beginning ive always liked the more action oriented mmo playstyle, and here it is, the best one ive ever played. It has been such a great ride so far and the moments you are forced to team up, not because the game forces you, but because its a nescesaty to actually be able to pass the tough challenge, is amazing. Ive just gone through one of these tough dungeons with a great team that didnt want to give up despite the many deaths and respawns. Being done with it at the end made me realize how much i missed this legit cooperative play where you actually need each other. PSO did this for me. And i think its the reason why pso2 lost me at some point

And this is without praising the atmosphwre of the huge world.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:17:59 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2659 on: December 22, 2015, 05:47:57 pm »
So to cope with life, got myself Dragon Quest Heroes, Rhythm Thief, Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Fantasy Life.

Decided to start with the game I thought I'd complete the quickest Rhythm Thief and I'm having a blast. It's very simplistic and it might not win any sort of long term recognition from me for it's gameplay but I'm liking the charm it exuberates and above all else the delightful music I've heard so far. Enjoyable title so far, will probably start after Dragon Quest or Resident Evil after completing this game.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2660 on: December 23, 2015, 08:15:14 am »
Fairy Fencer F

I'm almost done with my 2nd playtrough. Just wanted to clear up all the extra stuff I got left to do (like secret Fairies, extra playable characters and an extra ending).

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #2661 on: December 23, 2015, 02:19:09 pm »
So to cope with life, got myself Dragon Quest Heroes, Rhythm Thief, Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Fantasy Life.

Decided to start with the game I thought I'd complete the quickest Rhythm Thief and I'm having a blast. It's very simplistic and it might not win any sort of long term recognition from me for it's gameplay but I'm liking the charm it exuberates and above all else the delightful music I've heard so far. Enjoyable title so far, will probably start after Dragon Quest or Resident Evil after completing this game.

Make sure to get a buddy for RE:R2.  Its not as fun as a single player game.  It has some legit chills in it though that harken back to the originals.

As for me i just completed demons souls meaning Ive conquered all four souls series games on the market!  All i have left is the old hunters dlc that just came out for BB.  Cant wait to dig in when I get home.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2662 on: December 23, 2015, 05:57:21 pm »
Make sure to get a buddy for RE:R2.  Its not as fun as a single player game.  It has some legit chills in it though that harken back to the originals.

Will do! I co-oped a bit it so far and it seems it was designed with that in mind so stick to playing this one with a buddy.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2663 on: December 25, 2015, 01:46:24 pm »
Playing Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness on my PSP. I remember when i got this game, got it right when it came out and was all excited to play it cause it looked so awesome. Then I didn't understand anything about it and failed hard over and over and over. Eventually I lost interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KyZq7XDnzg

Recently I saw someone playing through Disgaea 4 on youtube who isn't so great at strategy games and he managed to beat the game, so it made me want to play the game again for some weird reason. I forgot how loud the UMD drive was, I also got phantasy star portable 2 and Crush on UMD and other PSP games digitally. What a great handheld PSP was.

Anyways, been strlugging a bit, but this time I'm taking the time to learn the game's mechanics and am enjoying myself. I don't know if I'll actually ever beat this game, but I'm enjoying myself rightnow so I guess that is all that matters.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2664 on: December 25, 2015, 02:10:17 pm »
Once I return home I'll be playing Bayonetta 2. Got it finally, since the Smash reveal it has sold out everywhere and shot up in price on eBay. Thankfully I found it for $40 at a retro game shop.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2665 on: December 25, 2015, 02:27:59 pm »
Once I return home I'll be playing Bayonetta 2. Got it finally, since the Smash reveal it has sold out everywhere and shot up in price on eBay. Thankfully I found it for $40 at a retro game shop.
Good call.

I have been playing xenoblade X and I finally got my mech. Ive made comparisons to PSO before, but the game feels more like the genesis games honestly. But now i've got a mech it feels like Xenogears. I havent talked much about this game while ive been hyping it up a lot and playing it quite a bit since it came out.

Usually I like to finish a game quick so I can get to the next one, which in this case is Yakuza 5, but this is one of the few cases where I dont want it to end. Thankfully the game has good replayability. Once done there's going to be enough to explore still. But I think ill give it a rest for a bit when im done with the story. Really looking forward  to sinking my time into Y5

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2666 on: December 26, 2015, 06:31:01 am »
Finished episodes 1-4 and waiting on 5 of Dreamfall Chapters.

Apart from episode 1 which was a bit too slow, it's been great. The story, the tone and the "dreamer" storyline seems to be wrapping up well. They also seem to be trying start something else, but I'm not sure if that's the best move as it's taken them this long to get this far.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2667 on: December 26, 2015, 03:37:04 pm »
Done with my 2nd Playthrough of Fairy Fencer F! There's a new version of FFF coming out soon on PS4 (it's basically a HD remake with extra content). I'll be gettin' that one.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2668 on: January 09, 2016, 02:08:05 am »
I just finished up Wolfenstein The New Order, wow. What an unexpectedly great game.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #2669 on: January 10, 2016, 07:17:43 pm »
Been playing Rayman 2 again via the PS2 remaster, Revolution and...people think this version isn't any good??? This has become my like favorite version for improving everything I already love about the game. Visually, it looks goddamn amazing for what launched as a N64 game being put on the PS2, they really made the game look like a surreal, fantastical world here, and this is on top of already good, well-aged visuals. The level design changes are smart and the levels themselves look great with more detail, the new mechanics are likable (though I can see why some might not prefer them), and while I know of the stigma towards hub worlds, I really don't mind the one here, but it needs a map. The ONLY thing against this version is the framerate. I've read it's only at 30fps, which I don't really care about, but it has slowdown. Buuuut, in a slow-paced game like Rayman, I don't think the slowdown is as bad as in, say, Jet Set Radio Future. I've heard complaints about the loading, but every version of the game afaik has a lot of loading, and it's not like the loading here is /long/, just frequent. I can see how others would find these turn-offs, but they're not a deterrent at all for me.