Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723186 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2700 on: February 25, 2016, 02:09:33 am »
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

Moar monster slaying, more levelling up. My main hero, Luceus and Jessica from DQ VIII are now Level 99. When you slay about 2 or 3 Metal Slime Kings, you can reach the limit in a couple of minutes.

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #2701 on: February 28, 2016, 01:32:39 pm »
Sin & Punishment (Wii U Virtual Console)

It's one of those arcade styled games with an obtuse control scheme. I'm currently trying to get back into the groove, but I keep messing up. My problem is that I have a habit of mixing up the control sticks so when I want to move Saki I accidentally move the cursor or vise versa.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2702 on: March 04, 2016, 12:05:19 pm »
Thought i'd check up the eshop on the 3ds. Has been a long while, and to my surprise there was a Stella Glow demo on there. Why didnt I know this? Is this a EU thing only?

So im like really impressed with this.. Havent had much time to play games lately. Still got yakuza unfinished. Lack of time really sucks X(. But im loving the demo a lot.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2703 on: March 05, 2016, 06:35:10 am »
Dragon Quest Heroes

I'm close to shelfing this game. I managed to beat one of the three big nearly impossible optional bosses. Even at Level 99, even with the best weapons and the best acessories, these three big secret bosses are ubber tough. I'm getting the leftover medals for beating a lot of monsters, which is tough, because monsters like Belials, Kingslimes, Hunter Mechs, Zombie Gladiators, Helions and Trolls are massive hit sponges. Killing 500 of each of 'em is gonna be ubber hard. Which is why I'm very much done with this game.

I played Naruto: Rise of a Ninja for a while again, but only briefly. I think I'm going back to a couple of games that I still haven't finished on PC / Steam: Final Fantasy VII and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2704 on: April 06, 2016, 02:47:13 pm »
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. One of the best looking N64 games I have ever seen.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #2705 on: April 06, 2016, 03:24:25 pm »
Awe
Sin & Punishment (Wii U Virtual Console)

It's one of those arcade styled games with an obtuse control scheme. I'm currently trying to get back into the groove, but I keep messing up. My problem is that I have a habit of mixing up the control sticks so when I want to move Saki I accidentally move the cursor or vise versa.

Awesome game, and Treasure's last great hurrah?

As for me, 7th Dragon 2020. Oh it's so everything I wanted it to be. Trying to burn through it before the new one comes out.

Anybody gonna be jumping on the Dark Souls 3 hype train? Can't believe I'm considering getting a PS4 for it, but any Dark Souls game experience at release is pretty great. 

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2706 on: April 11, 2016, 02:54:46 pm »
After Burner Climax Mobile

Had to uhhh...turn to a good friend for this one. His name is Internet.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #2707 on: April 13, 2016, 08:48:49 pm »
Total War: Shogun 2.

In preparation for TW Warhammer! Oh my.
Made by SEGA

Online Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #2708 on: April 14, 2016, 04:00:59 am »
3d Maze Walker

This master system game really looks good on 3DS, you can really feel the depth of the maze.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #2709 on: April 16, 2016, 02:19:11 am »
This is best time for games in years .

Currently playing and loving Dirt, The Division, Dark Souls III and the stunning Quantum Break
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2710 on: April 20, 2016, 01:04:34 am »
Started playing Day of the tentacle, some odd puzzles, but I do enjoy the humour. I'm also looking forward to Star Fox Zero :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:35:47 am by Tad »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2711 on: April 20, 2016, 03:30:51 am »
Tales of Zestiria

My second foray into the Tales series. My first experience was with arguably one of the best JRPGs of the previous gen, Tales of Vesperia. Unlike it's predecessor, Tales of Zestiria, is pure fantasy adventure from the get-go. Naive and pure country-bumpkin Sorey is chosen as  the Shepherd when the pulls out a sword from a shrine and must do his best to fight the malevolance with the aid of the seraphim, magical creatures who are invisible to most humans. Combat is even more action-oriented. Characters and setting start off really, really slow as you are confined to a small area very early on. Sorey and his group are a little bland early on, but as the number of companions increase, the more amusing and interedting they become. 15 hours in so far...

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2712 on: April 21, 2016, 10:51:21 am »
Golden sun 2: The lost age. Wow. I liked the first game, and thought the 3rd one was pretty ok. But I am very surprised with the 2nd game. Its remeniscing of old JRPG's like phantasy star 4 for me. In the sense that the story only vaguely hints to you what to do. When the game opens up, finding out where to go and what to do can be really puzzling. A single NPC in a random town can give you only a slight hint. This is the most non linear and least handholdy JRPG i've played in a long time, and I love all this. I forgot how engaging this can be. Every time I get stuck and I dont know what to do, after I quit it keeps me thinking about it. Like where the hell would I have to be going right now? So I got this new powerup, and access to these places. What am I missing exactly? And then when it clicks, its the best feeling. The first and the 3rd game didnt have this if memories aint deceiving me. Playing this has only made me want to look forward even more to a new installment on the 3DS.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2713 on: April 21, 2016, 10:00:36 pm »
Rocket League is free this weekend. So that.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #2714 on: April 22, 2016, 02:34:05 am »
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown and Sonic 1 & 2 on Android through out the semester.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site