Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723229 times)

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2730 on: August 11, 2016, 04:39:11 pm »
UN Squadron (Snes). Tough game.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2731 on: August 19, 2016, 08:57:44 am »
So I've been playing a few games lately...

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess

Imagine an RPG, mixed in with Home Alone and Dungeon Keeper. That's how crazy it sounds and that's how the game is. You play the Devil's Daughter in a mission to lure in heroes who want to take you down and finish them with a series of well placed traps. Spikes, giant balls, rakes, banana peels and other acts of Itchy and Scratchy-esque violence. A lot of fun, very creative, albeit a very short experience.

I've also replayed Gal Gun, Tales of Zestiria (the anime made me replaying this game).

Until Dawn
I haven't touched this game since I had gotten it in April. So after I was done with Gal Gun And Deception IV, I decided to take a swing at this interactive horror adventure. Imagine Telltale Game's adventure games with ubber realistic graphics. Now imagine that while it does have some Telltale-ish aspects (aka choices don't really matter in the end) it does feel like it changes the outcome. As far the game itself goes, it's short, it's fun, it has a sizeable chunk of horror movie clichés that can provide some tense moments here and there. It's one of those perfect titles to play on Halloween.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

An abridged rettling of One Piece's early chapters crammed into a Dinasty Warrior's style RPG-ish beat'em'up. Fortunately the stages are short and the enemies are varied enough not to feel too repetitive as that's an ongoing issue with these musou type games.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2732 on: August 19, 2016, 04:19:22 pm »
A long streak of The elder scrolls oblivion broke my back lol. I think my desk chair isnt that good. Thankfully im alright now but im definitly planning to get a better desk chair.

So ive been playing some more 3ds stuff comfortably on my bed. Recently started Hotel Dusk, a DS game. It reminds me a loooot of shenmue. im loving the game

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2733 on: August 19, 2016, 05:02:49 pm »
I also played some freedom planet. While the bosses are the greatest thing ever, the game sucks imho. I find the level design messy and the stages are too long for a game like this. Like really too long.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2734 on: August 19, 2016, 08:15:15 pm »
Tomb Raider, hum I got it for cheap and its a really nice looking game... some effects are a bit shit that sorta pull you out of the immersion but can't complain. Like the way the rain 'falls' on Laura and makes a splash effect is the most half ass attempt at it. But most of the game is really nice looking.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2735 on: August 20, 2016, 01:25:06 pm »
AMR2

It's amazing how 1 single solitary guy can make a better Metroid game than 1 entire company, especially after the fucking insult that Federation Force. Even taking that out of the picture, it's just a fucking awesome remake in general, improving in EVERY single aspect of a game that has frankly aged like milk. Metroid 2 was never that good.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2736 on: August 22, 2016, 08:22:20 am »
AMR2

It's amazing how 1 single solitary guy can make a better Metroid game than 1 entire company, especially after the fucking insult that Federation Force. Even taking that out of the picture, it's just a fucking awesome remake in general, improving in EVERY single aspect of a game that has frankly aged like milk. Metroid 2 was never that good.
It's excellent indeed. Prefer the OG gba titles like fusion, but that probably has to do with it being a metroid 2 game in itself. But what they made of it is nothing short of amazing.

Gotta say that freedom planet has a really good OST

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2737 on: August 23, 2016, 03:36:15 am »
Still playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. Surprisingly addictive. There's something about a rubbery straw hat wearing pirate beating the crap out of a whole army that tickles my funny bone.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2738 on: September 28, 2016, 10:58:22 am »
I picked up a model 1 Genesis during a trip through Michigan last week.

I managed to find a few games for it on the trip, and just did a playthrough of World of Illusion with a friend of mine. Fantastic co-op game :D.

Offline SonicFan4Life

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Boredbro.com - Sonic Fan Games Online
« Reply #2739 on: September 28, 2016, 12:35:08 pm »
As of Right now Doom and Guilty Gear xrd revelator

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2740 on: September 29, 2016, 08:09:37 am »
Just beat QuackShot Starring Donald Duck last night. Man that last level gave me a hard time :-/

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2741 on: September 29, 2016, 10:46:18 am »
Just beat QuackShot Starring Donald Duck last night. Man that last level gave me a hard time :-/

Ahhhh! I love that game! It can be tough, but it is such a classic.

I've been playing Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, liking it so far - about 2 hours in.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2742 on: September 29, 2016, 02:26:15 pm »
Ahhhh! I love that game! It can be tough, but it is such a classic.

I'd never played it before, but I managed to track it down for a good price. I'm hoping to score a few more good licenced games for the Genesis collection, like Hyperstone Heist, Ghostbusters, and Moonwalker.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2743 on: September 29, 2016, 02:39:38 pm »
Hyperstone Heist and Ghostbusters are some of my favorite licensed Genesis games and were some of my earliest experiences with the console outside of Sonic. I'd also recommend Dick Tracy, which was made by the Shinobi team, and of course the Illusion games but those are obvious.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #2744 on: September 29, 2016, 04:23:31 pm »
I've been playing Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, liking it so far - about 2 hours in.

Just got it and just finished the first stage. Not bad, I'm liking it too. Been jonesing for a Sonic experience I haven't tried yet and this is scratching the itch. I tried that Sonic RPG on DS. They tooooootally fucked it up by making it touch controls only. WTF? Why'd they go that route and ONLY that route. The area map could have been so fun with the Dpad. Ah well.