Author Topic: Football Thread: Brought back popular demand!  (Read 60004 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Football Thread: Brought back popular demand!
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2014, 06:38:51 pm »
Suarez really is a scummy footballer. Assaulting three different players and provoking another one simply for the colour of his skin (And there is that whole issue with Ghana but I think we can all agree racist and violent behaviour is leagues worse than blatant cheating)

Hope FIFA comes down hard on him, neither his manager nor his teammates are covering themselves in glory during this whole saga either.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2014, 04:36:12 am »
Portugal vs Ghana today... Think positive, think positibe, think positive...

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2014, 08:16:57 am »
You guys ought to be happy that Ghana has lost two of their best players. Muntari hulking out.

Sulley Muntari added another dreadful page to his book of shame at international level after a verbal and physical confrontation with Black Stars management committee member Moses Parker that is likely to end his international career.

The AC Milan midfielder who was at the forefront of player agitation for their appearance fees to be paid before their game against Portugal that resulted in a training boycott took his protest a step further by engaging Parker in a physical confrontation that got so intensive the security at  the Brasilia Palace where the team was staying had to intervene.

Muntari squared off against the Medeama SC owner and Black Stars management committee member at a meeting between the players and management where both men exchanged punches before storming Parker’s room where he smashed a MacBook Pro, destroyed phones and property in the room at the Brasilia Palace Hotel the official was staying.

Parker was all along held up on the balcony of the room, protected from the raw rage and anger of the player by other players and officials.

The confrontation begun around 11.30 PM on the first night of the team’s stay in Brasilia ahead of their Group G game against Portugal. The players had demanded a meeting with management as the row over their appearance fees gathered steam. With the meeting set to begin, Muntari asked Parker to leave as he asked GFA president who he was.

An exchange of words ensued with Muntari reportedly telling Parker something along the lines of “if you people make small coins you think you have money so you can talk to us anyhow.” Muntari then threw a first punch, Parker retaliated hitting the Milan star and drawing blood in the process.

The meeting room with management members and players all in attendance had become utterly chaotic as security officials and players attempted to hold back both men. Some officials took Parker up to his room on the second floor of the hotel while others blocked the door so Muntari will not follow up. So charged up was Muntari that he floored at least two security men detailed to the team, brushed off Felix Ansong and pushed all before him.

Soon he was up in Parker’s room on the second floor of the hotel located within striking distance of the official residence of Brazil’s president but other officials had locked up Parker on the balcony to prevent further confrontation. An incensed Muntari then went on a rampage destroying as much as he could in sight in the process. In the end it took center back Jonathan Mensah’s strength to be able to hold the Milan star back on what is easily one of the most shameful nights in Ghana football.

The player was not done though and threatened to have a physical go at Parker anytime he met him in the hotel, forcing Parker to relocate to a nearby hotel.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2014, 09:29:17 am »
USA Vs. Germany today, i'm hoping for a tie, just a tie and we're through. Let's go USA!!!!!!!

Also, Suarez has been suspended for 9 games, he and Uruguay are done.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2014, 01:15:06 pm »
We did it!!!!!!!! USA USA We advance!!!!!!!

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2014, 01:26:12 pm »
We did it!!!!!!!! USA USA We advance!!!!!!!

Belgium and Argentina are beatable. You have to worry for the Dutch though, might be looking at a semi-final exit there bro.

MY BOYS OZIL AND PER BOMBARDING THEIR WAY TO THE FINAL! JA JA JA!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2014, 02:52:13 pm »
I don't really expect us to get far, i'm just glad we weren't knocked out that early. I think our next opponent is either Belgium or Algeria. I think we'll have a chance against either of those.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2014, 05:17:31 pm »
Belgium and Argentina are beatable. You have to worry for the Dutch though, might be looking at a semi-final exit there bro.

MY BOYS OZIL AND PER BOMBARDING THEIR WAY TO THE FINAL! JA JA JA!
Man even i'm surprised with the dutches. Hope they don't let it get to them too much(pressure) and they keep performing.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2014, 10:56:05 am »
 :'(

Still cryin' in the shower, clingin' to my tub of chocolate ice cream...

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2014, 12:51:48 pm »
Holy crap, dutch came back with the 1-1. Hope they win

edit: Penalty!

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2014, 10:00:08 am »
Robben's a diver.

Unfortunately I cannot use my full vocabulary to describe him during this month.

Germany v Algeria and France v Nigeria later. Would love to see a France v Germany quarter-final, would be fantastic to watch.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2014, 10:29:11 am »
Belgium vs USA tommorrow.

My money's on the Star Spangled Banner...

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2014, 10:41:34 am »
Yeah that Holland V Mexico game was crazy. Mexico backed off to the point of no return after they scored their first goal, idiots..

USA tomorrow, should be great!!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2014, 09:35:06 am »
USA! USA!

Will be watching/listening to the game from my desk at work, can't wait.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies